Windows 10: Audio out suddenly sounds very weak

Discus and support Audio out suddenly sounds very weak in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My Pc was running fine this week. When I started work today, I noticed the speakers and headphones were weak. I've tried connecting them to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mystvearn, Jun 4, 2018.

1. mystvearn Win User

Audio out suddenly sounds very weak

Hi,

My Pc was running fine this week. When I started work today, I noticed the speakers and headphones were weak. I've tried connecting them to my phone and the speakers and headphones are fine. It is the audio out from the back of the pc. I have turned the volume to max on the pc, turned the volume in the settings to max and I can only listen to it softly but now with noise. I usually leave my volume settings at middle and control the sound using the keyboard onboard controls. I've tried restarting the pc, but the problem still remains. Does anyone know what is the problem with it?

:)

mystvearn, Jun 4, 2018

2. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Audio out suddenly sounds very weak

1. Audio out suddenly sounds very weak - Similar Threads - Audio suddenly sounds

2. Suddenly No Sound On PC Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly No Sound On PC Audio Device: I Can't Play My Music In Windows 10 Music Player. What Gives? Will You Please Help Me Fix This Problem? I Certainly Appreciate It. The Novice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-no-sound-on-pc-audio-device/dbec76cb-bffa-4ac5-bda4-62c6fb297218
  3. Speakers suddenly became really weak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speakers suddenly became really weak: So when I first got my laptop, which is a Lenovo L340, the speakers were working completely fine. However, after a month or two specifically after a system update the volume just became really low, even my brothers laptop at 30 volume is louder than mine at 100. I managed to...
  4. sound on my laptop sound weak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound on my laptop sound weak: Hello, my laptop didnt have this problem until recently. My speaker will have a muffle sound and would be playing the audio at a lower volume when it on max. I did the audio troubleshoot but it said there no problem with it. Can anyone help??...
  5. Very weak bluetooth connection

Very weak bluetooth connection: Hi, I have a fairly new pc I built about a year ago ryzen 2700x, rx 580 8gb, asrock b450m mobo, 16gb ram, 512gb nvme ssd with Windows 10. I've tried multiple bluetooth dongles and adaptersbluetooth 4.0, 4.2, 5.0 but I have been having issues with bluetooth connection. It has...
  6. sound is so weak Asus R420M

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound is so weak Asus R420M: I just bought an Asus R420M last August and I just opened it today, i was dissatisfied with the sound, it was so weak to the point that I cannot almost hear it, already checked the sound system, but still it did not change. What is the best thing to do?...
  7. Audio Dropped Out Suddenly

Audio Dropped Out Suddenly: All of a sudden I have no audio. My speakers are turned on and volume is up. Edge tabs all show that they are not muted. Sound was fine two minutes ago and now it's gone. I can't restart because I'm downloading something and if the download is interrupted the last 12 hours...
  8. Sound suddenly goes very quiet?

Sound suddenly goes very quiet?: It's not a problem like dust. If I set it to 100 max it's loud for the first few seconds and then goes extremely quiet. I can't even hear it properly. I've tried checking the sound mixer, unpairing audio devices, checking for new drives (apparently I have the best), disabling...
  9. Computer audio out suddenly sounds very weak

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer audio out suddenly sounds very weak: Hi, My Pc was running fine this week. When I started work today, I noticed the speakers and headphones were weak. I've tried connecting them to my phone and the speakers and headphones are fine. It is the audio out from the back of the pc. I have turned the volume to max on...
  10. Weak audio/sound since updating

Weak audio/sound since updating: I'm using a Lenovo Flex 3 laptop with windows 10 installed. 2 days ago, my windows installed updates automatically and I have not been able to hear audio on most videos clearly. Prior to this update, I would even lower the volume on most YT and facebook videos. Now, even the...