Windows 10: Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict

Discus and support Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, first time posting here so if I'm in the wrong category, I'll make the appropriate switch. Anyways, so I'm running Windows 10 and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by slipknot603, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict

Hey guys, first time posting here so if I'm in the wrong category, I'll make the appropriate switch.
    Anyways, so I'm running Windows 10 and have Realtek Audio manager installed. I've had no issues so far, until I recently purchased a headset for gaming. My issue is either the PC itself or Realtek will detect the headset and mic, but if my speakers are plugged in, the speakers over-ride the headset and the sound comes through them. The microphone works as expected. I cannot seem to find a way to make my headset the default playback device, or to automatically over-ride speakers when plugged in. I have to unplug the speakers for the headset to work properly.
    It's not a crippling issue, just annoying. I'd imagined both speakers and headset could be plugged in and I could disable/enable them in the Sounds menu/Realtek at leisure depending on the situation. If anyone has an idea about how to fix this it would be appreciated. Thanks guys

:)

slipknot603, Feb 22, 2016

2. N95 8GB vs N81 8GB sound quality

which is better in audio quality?

which is louder in speakers?

which is louder in headset?

reference

Audiotest:N95 vs. N91 8Gb vs. N73ME

pseudo---01, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Poor audio in Lumia 710

The audio quality from the default headsets provided is horrible. Also, speaker playback is horrible.

However, ive used my ipod's headset with lumia 710 and the resulting audio clarity is awesome.

Thought this info might help others.

Cheers

Windowsfan---01, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict

1. Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict - Similar Threads - Audio playback speakers

2. Audio playback through headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playback through headset microphone: Hi there, so to elaborate a little if any sound comes from an app my headset will show that it is transmitting sound through the "headphones" function designed for speakers. but somehow, this sound is also being played through my microphone somehow. Uninstalling the driver...
  3. Speakers won't show up in playback audio

Speakers won't show up in playback audio: Back story , few days ago i bought a new gaming laptop ASUS ROG Strix G15 G512LI-HN279T and it was working fine . My brother borrowed it a yesterday and because got a few softwares like ccleaner and tried to update the drivers . When i got...
  4. Playback issues with headset

Playback issues with headset: So i have a legitech G433 headset and recently i have been reciving playback even though listen to this device is off can somebody help me please thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-issues-with-headset/1c4e10dd-0e1a-46d6-9334-849e894ed052
  5. Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback

Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback: I have a large number of redundant audio drivers for the speakers in my Windows 10 computer Acer Aspire TC-885-ES14. This sometimes makes speaker access very confusing. For example, using Zoom today for the first time I had no audio and had to cycle through all these devices...
  6. speakers make popping sound with audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers make popping sound with audio playback: Recently I’ve had an audio problem where I press play on a sound iTunes, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube the playback stutters and delays for a quick second, a bigboom and click comes from my speakers plugged in Logitech speakers w subwoofer and then the audio plays as normal. I’ve...
  7. Playback with my headset

Playback with my headset: Hello When I'm in a vocal chat with friends they can hear everything what I hear youtube, games, their own voice, etc. I'm using a headset with a mic on it and I'm using Realtek R audio as audio driver. I already disabled the "listen to the device" option and I'm still...
  8. Headset audio quality vs headphone audio quality

Headset audio quality vs headphone audio quality: So I have a pair of headphones that have a mic built into them and in the sound control panel I can set them as either "Headphones" or as a "Headset". The difference is, I can't use the built-in mic when I have it set as headphones. But the audio quality is drastically worse...
  9. Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers

Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers: How do I set up Stereo Mix in Windows 10? In Windows 8.1 I used to set my speakers as default playback device, then enable Stereo Mix and set it to listen to my headset. Then I would get two volume controls in taskbar, one for speakers and one for headset. But now, in Windows...
  10. Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...

Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...: I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, bought only a few months ago and I've been trying to fix this since day 1. The laptop audio, whether through the built-in speakers, external monitors or headphones, keeps popping and crackling. So I followed other people's advice and switched to...