Windows 10: Audio popping and cracking

Discus and support Audio popping and cracking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My build System Builder - Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING, Zondda-B ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker I've had issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theridon, Jun 8, 2018.

1. theridon Win User

Audio popping and cracking

My build System Builder - Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING, Zondda-B ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

I've had issues with my build since I built it 2 years ago. I replaced the gigabyte motherboard once, same issues. I got audio popping and its very annoying, sometimes more than others. It seems to happen the most on online videos youtube, twitch, netflix etc, but also on saved files. Doesn't seem to happen in video games.

Here is a youtube video which for some reason replicates the popping very frequently and easily: Star Trek TNG Ambient Engine Noise (Idling for 1 hr) - YouTube

Tried on all internet browsers. If I play this for about 30 seconds it's guaranteed to give me some audio popping, whether rear or front audio. Interestingly enough if I download the youtube video and play it locally on my computer...I get the same issue.

I've tried all different audio drivers, I've tried just about everything other than updating my bios. I'd love to solve this problem. Tried latencymon doesn't show anything huge. Thanks!

:)

theridon, Jun 8, 2018

2. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 9, 2018
  3. ak4life Win User
    Audio cracking sound in the laptop speakers.

Experiencing cracking sound on my laptop, seems as though the speaker is broken. Sound is fine with headphones .Windows 10.

Any help please.

Original title : Audio cracking

ak4life, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Audio popping and cracking

1. Audio popping and cracking - Similar Threads - Audio popping cracking

2. Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I have trouble with Windows about the sound crackling and popping almost all the time.// Hardware specs :CPU : Intel i9-9900KF 3.60 GhzGPU : Geforce RTX 3060Ram : 48GBAudio : Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen// Windows spec :System type : x64Edition : Windows 10...
  3. Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I have trouble with Windows about the sound crackling and popping almost all the time.// Hardware specs :CPU : Intel i9-9900KF 3.60 GhzGPU : Geforce RTX 3060Ram : 48GBAudio : Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen// Windows spec :System type : x64Edition : Windows 10...
  4. Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio Cracking

Audio Cracking: My audio was working fine when I plug in my headphones then I took it out. Then I had audio cracking. Can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-cracking/c3b75143-6ad3-428b-a505-c3889a7b521d
  6. Cracking/popping Audio and Out of sync audio please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cracking/popping Audio and Out of sync audio please help: Ever since a couple days ago I've been frequently getting this audio issue where it starts to crack/pop which I initially thought was a hardware problem and my headphones broke or the connection, but I later realised that with every audio and video from my PC, the audio...
  7. Bluetooth audio cracking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio cracking: After I've done with the latest windows updates, my bluetooth audio system not working properly, it just cracks. I've tried many bt audio devices but the sound is still cracking. Please guide me to solve this problem. submitted by /u/yogbeeThe [link] [comments]...
  8. Crackly Airpod's audio

Crackly Airpod's audio: Hello, I have made the same question like this a couple of days ago about my Airpod's audio problem. My Airpod's have this weird audio problem where every 10-20 seconds it makes a weird crackly, annoying sound. The person who answered my question before did solve my problem,...
  9. Audio cracks and problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cracks and problems: Hey I have windows 10 home on my asus laptop 16gb RAM and an i7- 8gen proscesor. at using audio progrems i started having cracked sound sometimes, and after i checked all my gear thats conected , and run the Latencymon app to check where the problem it detected this:...
  10. popping/cracking

in Windows 10 Customization
    popping/cracking: So occasionly there will be horrible constant popping with my computer. its not my headphones because it does it with the speaker too. I have only found a temporary fix if you change the quality of the sound (16bit 48000Hz to 24bit 44100 Hz) it stops. if there is a repeated...