Windows 10: Audio Problem after installing Windows 10

Discus and support Audio Problem after installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this audio problem when i use windows 10, but not when i use Windows 7. the Problem: i have a headset(including microphone) plugged in at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Heikki L, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Heikki L Win User

Audio Problem after installing Windows 10

I have this audio problem when i use windows 10, but not when i use Windows 7.
    the Problem: i have a headset(including microphone) plugged in at all times, but after installing windows 10, i cannot use my "audio" and Microphone at the same time. Everything is like normal, but i cannot hear ANY sound played through my headset when my headset is set to "stereo" (which is the normal state) but if i change it to 7.1, my microphone says "not connected" in red text but then i can hear audio through my headset*cry. I am really sorry if i couldn't describe my problem the best way i could.. i am desperate and feel free to share this and ask me more info if needed. Thank you for your help.
    Audio Problem after installing Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Heikki L, Aug 12, 2015
  2. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 12, 2015
  3. audio problem after installing windows 10

i have a lenovo G50-70 laptop with windows 8.1 pro. i upgraded it to windows 10 day before yesterday. it was working perfectly fine but when i restart it today i found a problem in its audio. no audio is heard through headset. but there is no problem in
    sound without headset. please help me

RANJITKHANGEMBAM, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Audio Problem after installing Windows 10

have realtek headset with mic...same problem. something post-10240 did it. Sound works fine from Windows Control Panel/sound; VLC plays but without most of the spoken dialogue being audible - very strange. Skype sees the headset driver but no volume can be generated, not in test mode nor any other.

I've uninstalled skype, cold booted, reinstalled it. Re-imaged the partition with a previously-functioning win8.1 - SAMEPROBLEM. Reinstalled windows 10 pro 64 using CreateInstallMedia tool running on Microsoft website against iso of 10240, atop that win 8.1 (the SAME 8.1 image that formerly had no sound issues, and that this win 10 had previously been atop, where it had briefly worked.

It's something to do with the headset phone driver and plug-n-play.

Neither Skype nor MS Answer text chat techs had a clue, although we did spend half a day trying this and that.

johnwerneken, Aug 12, 2015
  5. edwinthe49th, Aug 12, 2015
  6. in theory there's a couple of services that if disabled prevent auto-driver-update; there's a group policy setting also.

From what I read though the root issue is neither the accessory (skype, vlc, some browser) nor the driver, nor windows updates in general, but in the windows audio stack---allegedly the reason why quite a few things work, until they don't upon reboot or further general updating of windows.

cant say, until I can solve it; keep it solved; and also reproduce the problem...

I always have hated Plug-n_Pray lol

PS: a lot of comments on the nearly innumerable threads about this say its configuration specific: the machine the hardware it is aware of the software the settings the user behavior. BUT. that changing the audio bit rate to some alternative value, if anything will work, will work. Haven't got more that 1/3 of a day per day to toss at this, so that I have not so far tried.

Those settings are somewhere in the sound cpl for the audio device that isn't working, there's a lot of clips of it scattered around up in here

johnwerneken, Aug 13, 2015
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Hi,
    Go to System Properties, select Hardware tab, click Device Installation settings, click No in the next window, select Never install driver software from WU.

brummyfan, Aug 13, 2015
  8. FriedEgg Win User

That was happening to me. I would install the new driver and when it rebooted, it would only work, for 30 seconds. I followed brunnyfan's advice, but it still persisted. I finally had to stop the Realtek driver from completing the install after first reboot and then it worked. The driver listed in Device Manger is now a generic MS driver. Not happy with the fix, but at least I have sound now.

FriedEgg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio Problem after installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio Problem installing

2. Problem after installing Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem after installing Windows 10.: Hi, I have a problem with my Asus X540LA-XX596D laptop.Respected Experts,When I install Windows 10 in my laptop, it freezes,lags and sometimes runs slow. When I install Windows 8.1, it runs fine. My laptop is compatible with Windows. Neither old version nor latest version...
  3. Problem after installing Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem after installing Windows 10.: Hi, I have a problem with my Asus X540LA-XX596D laptop.Respected Experts,When I install Windows 10 in my laptop, it freezes,lags and sometimes runs slow. When I install Windows 8.1, it runs fine. My laptop is compatible with Windows. Neither old version nor latest version...
  4. Problem after installing Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio not clear - problems with audio after Nahimic installed itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not clear - problems with audio after Nahimic installed itself: Hey hello I'm using Windows 10 and my headphones at a front panel for audio problem is at every port, I tried. The audio is not missing but there are like cracking sounds in between all few seconds. Uninstalling and reinstalling driver didnt help, other audio device doesnt...
  6. Audio problems after Windows 10 update

Audio problems after Windows 10 update: Yesterday my laptop installed an update, everything seemed fine, but then I noticed a very strange problem with the audio which was the following: I think the general sound is normal but if I try to enter a game, the sounds feel distorted, the Background sounds, for example,...
  7. Audio issue after Windows 10 installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio issue after Windows 10 installed: The sound is too quiet after installing Windows 10. What is the fix? Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-issue-after-windows-10-installed/3f870e1f-e017-4a00-96e9-de7f8ca4bfff
  8. Audio problems after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio problems after windows 10 update: Yesterday my laptop installed a bigger than usual update for windows 10 everything seemed fine but then i noticed a very weird problem with the audio which was the following : i believe the overall sound is normal if i tried testing it without entering any app but if i try...
  9. Audio problems after Windows 10 December update

Audio problems after Windows 10 December update: Ever since the newest Windows update I've experienced echoing audio through all my different speakers and headsets. My headphone/Mic combo also seems to have an undetectable mic. Is there anyone else that has experienced any of these problems? I've checked the hardware on...
  10. Problem with No Audio Output Device is Installed in Windows 10

Problem with No Audio Output Device is Installed in Windows 10: I recently reset my windows 10 then I got problem my laptop can't produce sound so I can't hear sound from it the speaker logo in the task bar have x mark and when clicked it opens troubleshooter then windows can't find the trouble. I also uninstall and reinstall my audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Audio problem after Windows update KB5015878