Windows 10: Audio problem over HDMI

Discus and support Audio problem over HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi to everyone! I have this problem in last few month from a day when i install Win10 pro x64 (1511). I did not have this problem when i had Win7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RockyIV, Nov 25, 2015.

1. RockyIV Win User

Audio problem over HDMI

Hi to everyone!
    I have this problem in last few month from a day when i install Win10 pro x64 (1511). I did not have this problem when i had Win7.

When i want to watch on TV Panasonic ST50 i have problem with audio. Somehow Win10 always mess up drivers for audio after restart. I found where is the problem but i do not know what to do to stop Win10 to doesn't update.

Here is short video what all i have to do to can listen audio from TV

2015-11-26_1226 - Skrenshot's library

When i do all this from video it change from digital to optical jack for HDMI too.

In other forum i get suggest to install HDMI_R270.exe but it doesn't help me. When i uninstall i have the same problem.

GPU is: R9 280x and i have installed the latest Catalyst drivers.

:)

RockyIV, Nov 25, 2015

2. Continuum display dock work with a DVI monitor?

Yes, should be no different using HDMI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI with either a converter or an HDMI to DVI cable. DVI does of course not support audio (normally), so you will loose that, if the monitor supports audio over HDMI.

Sven Johannsen, Nov 25, 2015
  3. gomer23 Win User
    Intel Display Audio and Hyper V

A week ago I setup a new machine with a Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard and a Intel i5-4590 processor running Windows 10. I have all of the latest intel drivers for video and the hdmi audio driver. I use the machine for a media server connected to my Samsung
    TV via HDMI. I had been having trouble with the Audio not working over HDMI. I had uninstalled and reinstalled the video/hdmi drivers many times with no change. I have a spare Nvidia graphics card that has HDMI audio that I tried and this card and the audio
    works fine. After alot of research and trial and error I uninstalled Hyper-V and the Intel HDMI audio worked fine after that.

So I was wondering if there were any updates to Hyper-V that will allow me to have that installed and be able to use the Intel Display Audio over HDMI.

gomer23, Nov 25, 2015
  4. RockyIV Win User

Audio problem over HDMI

64 views *Sad Any idea?

--------------
    edit:

Today it is updated Catalyst for now it looks all ok. When i moved picture on TV there is a sound, when i back on PC it back sound on speakers for PC. I hope it will all ok and wont have this problem anymore.

For now i wont mark as solved.

--------------
    edit:

Something change it without restart. This is so annoying *Mad

RockyIV, Nov 29, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    The "normal" operation is when there is an HDMI cable plugged into the PC, Windows will change the default audio playback device to HDMI. When the cable is unplugged it will change the default audio playback to "Speakers" (PC Sound card). The PC's sound card provides the audio for the PC's speakers, the HDMI audio is generated by an audio chip on the Video card.

Without full PC spec's filled in that is all I can offer.

fireberd, Dec 6, 2015
  6. RockyIV Win User
    I filled my system. Please help me this is very annoying.

RockyIV, Dec 6, 2015
  7. fireberd Win User
    This apparently worked OK, for a while, after you updated the video drivers (Catalyst). The Catalyst drivers are old drivers, I have a Radeon HD7700 video card and received an updated driver with a control panel that replaced the Catalyst control panel. Update to the latest driver and see if that helps.
    Download Drivers

fireberd, Dec 8, 2015
  8. RockyIV Win User

Audio problem over HDMI

I already have Crimson the latest drivers. I did not know they change the name, update was 10 days ago i think.

RockyIV, Dec 8, 2015
  9. fireberd Win User
    Regular PC audio (Realtek/Speakers) works properly, correct?
    The problem is the HDMI audio? Usually that is an issue with the Video card's drivers.

fireberd, Dec 8, 2015
  10. RockyIV Win User
    As you can see on video it works perfect. I tried to uninstall drivers for GPU (with app which uninstall it) and reinstall fresh one but i wasn't help.

RockyIV, Dec 8, 2015
  11. RockyIV Win User
    I thought i come on the best place to finish this problem...
    I really do not know why i was asked for PC configuration, i thought you will continue to eliminate potential problems . If i have 280x probably other components are newer. I hope i will get any other questions for this problem, but that is all.

RockyIV, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio problem over HDMI

1. Audio problem over HDMI - Similar Threads - Audio problem HDMI

2. Problem with HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with HDMI audio: So when I closed the lid the video shows on the TV that is connected by HDMI, but, Windows stops detecting the TV as an audio device and transferís the audio to the laptop speakers....
  3. Problem with HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with HDMI audio: So when I closed the lid the video shows on the TV that is connected by HDMI, but, Windows stops detecting the TV as an audio device and transferís the audio to the laptop speakers....
  4. Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI: This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio. But when I use miracast and connect my laptop over ethernet, I don't have any audio stutter. To be clear, the audio stutters...
  5. Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI: This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio. But when I use miracast and connect my laptop over ethernet, I don't have any audio stutter. To be clear, the audio stutters...
  6. No sound over HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound over HDMI: Hi. I have a Dell optiplex 7010. [ATTACH] I have a Intel HD 4000 graphic card, with 2 Display Ports. I connected a "DP to HDMI" adapter to one DP, and an HDMI cable to an HDMI port of a Hitachi Smart TV. I installed the newer drivers, and in Device Manager I can see the...
  7. 1 Audio channel on one audio card and rest over hdmi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1 Audio channel on one audio card and rest over hdmi?: Hi, bit of a weird question: I need to output only the subWoofer channel using an audio card (audigy FX) connected to an external amplifier, and the rest of the channels FRONT/RIGHT over HDMI (TV Speaker). Is it doable? Thanks. submitted by /u/sim0ne82 [link] [comments]...
  8. HDMI and audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI and audio: Hi So i decided i wanted to watch a long video from my laptop to my tv so i connected the hdmi cable into my laptop like i always do but when i pressed play no audio came out of the tv so looked up on this and apparently i have to switch my default settings to the tv...
  9. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...
  10. 4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem: Hello! I'm trying to connect my new PC with a LG TV (49UF7077), but the TV keeps saying "no signal" no matter what I try. The TV sees that something is connected though. And the Geforce control panel quickly and correctly finds the TV and its native resolution and other...