Windows 10: Audio problems after clean reinstall

Discus and support Audio problems after clean reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just did a clean reinstall of windows and have no audio. I'm showing a little red "X" on the audio icon at the lower right of the screen, and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mczonie, Dec 3, 2016.

1. mczonie Win User

Audio problems after clean reinstall

Just did a clean reinstall of windows and have no audio. I'm showing a little red "X" on the audio icon at the lower right of the screen, and when I click on it, it Days "detecting problems" and then "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

I also went to device manager and tried to update the driver but it said "windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." It also said that "a device attached to the system was not functioning."

I think maybe this could be a hardware problem because my speakers have a short in them near the jack and I've jury rigged them so that they still work. Maybe the CPU isn't able to find the device because of this?

TIA for any help anyone can give.

:)

mczonie, Dec 3, 2016

2. VOIP Calls make me sound high pitched like a chipmunk

I have read many answers to these sort of questions and have come across this problem after installing windows 10 64bit. The setup was a clean install I have deleted %APPDATA% Skype folder restarted, reinstalled audio drivers, checked for update even did
    a new account for VIBER and this also gives me the same effects, my soundcard is a PCI c-media audio card

IntoneDesignltd, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Audio Problem After Windows Reinstall

Since updating the driver and reinstalling the program didn’t work, there is a possibility that you’re experiencing an issue with compatibility between the Codec and the Next PVR. It is best if you will be contacting either the
    Original Equipment Manufacturer or the Developer, so they can provide you the correct Codec that can be applied.

Feel free to reply to this post, if you have other questions.

Kristine Arp, Dec 3, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

After the clean install.....did you go to HP's website for your make/model PC and download/install all necessary drivers. Windows 10 uses the OS generic drivers which may or may not work.

Plankton, Dec 3, 2016
  5. mczonie Win User
    OK, I've downloaded this program driver easy that has downloaded the driver, but now I can't figure out how to install it...

mczonie, Dec 3, 2016
  6. mczonie Win User
  7. spunk Win User
    You do not need a 3rd party app. Just go to the HP Drivers site for your model HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
    Download the Chipset driver and install this first. Then the Audio driver, download the latest driver Ver 6.10.6457.0 Rev. A
    When you Run the driver, it unzips to a place on your C: drive usually C:\Drivers or some such, take note of where it unzips to. After unzipping, it should start the install. If not, then browse to the unzipped location and open the folder and double click Setup.exe

spunk, Dec 3, 2016
  8. mczonie Win User

OK, thanks. But I noticed that you posted the 410 drivers and I've got the 034 version. Will that work?

mczonie, Dec 3, 2016
  9. spunk Win User
    Type in your model #, choose your version of Windows (ie) 32bit, or 64bit. Download the driver with the highest (latest) number

spunk, Dec 3, 2016
  10. mczonie Win User
    Ok, everything is good now. Thanks, all (especially Spunk.)

mczonie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio problems after clean reinstall - Similar Threads - Audio problems clean

2. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  3. after clean install no audio detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after clean install no audio detected: After clean install on a new sata SSD, I am facing issue of no audio device detected. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, reset the PC, done everything but no use....
  4. Audio CD's Not Recognized, Even After a Clean Format & Reinstall

Audio CD's Not Recognized, Even After a Clean Format & Reinstall: Hello, everyone. I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve, regarding playing audio cd's on my computer. I've researched the problem, but I still haven't been able to solve it, so I'm seeking help with it. I'm running the most current version of Windows 10 (21H1), on...
  5. Display and Audio problems after reinstall

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display and Audio problems after reinstall: I expect this to be an oversight that i've made but after reinstalling windows 10 on a new HDD, I am having problems recieving any audio and I am getting a black border round the edge of the display. Before the reinstall it all worked fine. I had a toshiba 43 4k tv connected...
  6. Many problems after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many problems after reinstallation: So i reinstalled Win10 few days ago cause of irrelevant things. I chose the option that keeps my personal files and stuff. Now something obviously went wrong and my programmes lost their icon, in controll panel my programmes won't show up on the list, even if their data is on...
  7. Windows Audio Not Working after reinstall

Windows Audio Not Working after reinstall: Hello I have tried every fix I know for this. My audio is in the green slot, I have tried Downloading drivers from my devices manufacturer, I have tried using windows drivers. None of these have worked. I have even tried going through my BIOS to see if there was a problem...
  8. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  9. Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10: Hi, I have just sold my pc to a friend. The original operating system was Windows 10 (a free upgrade from Windows 7). In preparation for the sale, I chose the formatting option (everything cleaned from the hard drive) and downloaded and installed a clean reinstall of Windows...
  10. Internet Problems after Reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Problems after Reinstall: Hi guys, I have a dual boot setup with Windows 10 and Windows 7. Recently, I was having trouble with Windows 10 and I went ahead and reinstalled it. Now I have a problem with my internet connection every time I boot Windows 10 after using Windows 7. I've googled around...