Windows 10: Audio Service not running Windows 10

Discus and support Audio Service not running Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Audio Services keep failing to start up. I'm unable to restart the Windows Audio End point builder. It also gives me the message "Windows could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidLumadue, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Audio Service not running Windows 10

My Audio Services keep failing to start up.

I'm unable to restart the Windows Audio End point builder.
    It also gives me the message "Windows could not stop the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service on Local Computer. Error 1061: The service cannot accept control messages at this time".

I don't want to constantly reboot the PC in order for my Audio to work.

I went into the Services, and tried restarting a few times, but there are times where I'm unable to select any of the options for it besides "Refresh, Properties, and Help". I refreshed it a few times but it doesn't do anything, It's basically stuck on the Status "Stopping".

Solution Found:

1) Click on start menu, type in the search box, Services and hit enter.

2) find "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder", right click on it and then click on properties.

3) Under "startup type" in the drop down box, select "Disabled" then click apply.

4) At the top of the properties window, click on the "Log On" tab.

5) under "Log on as:" select "This account:" and in the box, type in: Local Service

6) For the "Password" and "Confirm password" use your account password that you used to log in to Windows. (must be a administrator account type)

7) click on "Apply" and click "OK" when the dialog box appears.

8) Click "OK" to close the properties window.

9) find "Windows Audio", right click on it and then click on properties

10) Repeat steps 3 through 8.

11) close the "Services" window, and restart your computer.

12) When you have logged back on ,click on start menu, type in the search box, "services" and hit enter

13) find "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder", right click on it and then click on properties.

14) Under "startup type" in the drop down box, select "Automatic"then click apply and click on "Start".

15) Click "OK" to close the properties window.

16) find "Windows Audio", right click on it and then click on properties.

17) Repeat steps 14 and 15.

18) close the "Services" window, and check your sound to see if it works.

:)

DavidLumadue, Jul 14, 2018

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 14, 2018
  3. The audio service is not running?!

Hello Abu,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Please refer to the below steps to start the Audio service and cherck if it helps to resolve the issue

• Open Control Panel and select Administrative Tools, then View Local Services
    • Look for "Windows Audio" NOT "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"

[Just click on any service, then press the letter "W" on your keyboard, it will take you to the services starting with the "w" letter]
    • Right click on the "Windows Audio" service and choose "Properties"
    • You will see 4 tabs, click on the last one, labeled "Dependencies"
    • In that tab, you will see the "This service depends on the following system components" box, it displays 3 services.

Beside each service there is a "+" icon, click on it to expand the list. The 2nd service will have 2 child services, the 3rd service will have 1 child service.
    • Now make sure that all the 6 services (3 main, 3 child) have the "Started" status in the "Services" window you opened earlier.
    • Most probably you will find one of those services are not running, just start all of them, then try to start the "Window Audio" service from the "General" tab.

However, if the issue is still unresolved, I would suggest you to
    check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this helps.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Audio Service not running Windows 10

Windows 10 pro 64 "the audio service is not running" every 5 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

First lets make sure the Windows Audio service
    is running or not.

• Search for Services in the search bar and search Windows Audio service
      in the list of services.
    • Right-click on the Windows Audio service, and then click Properties.
    • On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic
      is selected.
    • Also make sure that the service is started
    Also suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve issue with Audio Issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the issue related o edge I suggest you to try to restart Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.
    This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Audio Service not running Windows 10

1. Audio Service not running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio Service running

2. Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Service not running: After several trouble free years with my laptop I am now getting this message. I have tried all the recommended solutions on this and other forums but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 10 and yes, my drivers are up to date. Could this possibly be a hardware problem?...
  3. Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service not running: After several trouble free years with my laptop I am now getting this message. I have tried all the recommended solutions on this and other forums but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 10 and yes, my drivers are up to date. Could this possibly be a hardware problem?...
  4. Audio Service is not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Service is not running: My speaker Icon has a red X and says that the audio service is not running. I played some audio and it worked just fine. Ran Trouble shooter and no problem was found. Checked the services and all were running as well. This is occurring after the June 8th update....
  5. Windows 10 Audio Services not Responding, both Audio Services running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Audio Services not Responding, both Audio Services running.: My DELL computer now has the "Audio Services Not Responding" Bug and the "No Speakers or Headphones connected" bug but it still recognizes the Speakers and the Headphones.I have tried checking both the Windows Audio Service and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and both of them...
  6. audio service not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio service not running: my audio service is not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-service-not-running/d1ab9aaf-cf39-47ef-ab72-d94add37d377
  7. Audio service not running

Audio service not running: Hi, Since the last two days, my Audio service has stopped. My sound card is working fine, and I have tried the following actions, but they have failed: Tried uninstalling, re-installing and rolling back my audio drivers. Tried to update my audio drivers to the latest...
  8. Audio Service not running Windows 10

Audio Service not running Windows 10: I have followed the instructions for disabling both the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Windows Audio. Then, setting both back to automatic and I get this error message: "Windows could not start Windows Audio services on local computer" "Error 0x80070005: Access is...
  9. Audio Services Not Running

Audio Services Not Running: I had audio service until ~7-10 days ago. I think that a Windows update changed the settings. I have tried EVERYTHING to restore or re-install the audio. I even tried a System Restore without success even though I disabled Defender (which blocks a System Restore). What...
  10. the audio service is not running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the audio service is not running: i have tried everything found online.... as soon as i open any type of audio i get the x. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/the-audio-service-is-not-running/3857d1fc-3c27-43b6-8f71-ebb86e83220b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not stop audio service

2. windows could not stop the windows audio endpoind builder error 1061