Windows 10: Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Discus and support Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My first post on the forum as Ive had it with w10 and it randomly screwing up. Yesterday I switch on my machine and notice the little red... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by miracleman, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Hi,

My first post on the forum as Ive had it with w10 and it randomly screwing up.

Yesterday I switch on my machine and notice the little red cross on the speaker and no sound.

when i run troubleshooter I get the "Audio services not responding" and no fix.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, and also restarting the services (Windows audio etc) but nothing worked.

How to fix Audio services not responding in windows 10 - Troubleshooter

I have also tried rolling back to a restore point (which was a palava in itself as I had the error with Windows Apps folder and needing me to rename it).

Im at a loss now. No idea wth is going on.

Any ideas or help would be great!

Thanks

Matt

:)

miracleman, Apr 1, 2017
  2. sirinal12 Win User

Audio Service crashing Windows 10

I have searched all over the internet for this issue and have only found 1 other person with this problem. This is an issue with Windows 10 itself that I believe needs to be patched ASAP. It's a little hard to explain so I will do my best.

Randomly, the audio service will simply stop responding. Programs that require sound (which is most of them) will not function properly. I will attempt to open them and they will stop responding halfway through the loading. When I try to open the volume
    mixer to change the volume, it stops responding. I cannot open the Sounds panel, it also stops responding. When I try to force restart the audio service in command prompt, it gets hung up and never stops the audio service, it just says "The audio service is
    stopping..." forever. The only fix is to force restart the computer as attempting to restart normally will cause hang ups and it will not shut down completely.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, I have turned off audio enhancements. What seems to work the best is disabling/uninstalling all but one audio driver. This usually works fine for a few days/weeks then the audio service will start crashing again. Usually
    if it happens once it will happen several times in the span of a couple days then not again for several weeks.

I have run antivirus/anti-malware programs and found nothing. My best guess is that there is an issue with multiple sound drivers in Windows 10.

Has anybody else had this issue and do you have a solution?

sirinal12, Apr 1, 2017
  3. Audio service is not working

For the past 3 days my audio has been randomly not working. They ended up working eventually but now my computer says "The Audio Service is not running." I've tried to sfc /scannow and that doesn't work. I have also tried to go into services but it's says
    that windows audio is "stopping". If anyone could help that would be great ^.^

Bobbby797977979, Apr 1, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Hi, you could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool.. a random stab, but covers some ground.

E.g. repairs 3,4, 26,27

dalchina, Apr 1, 2017
  5. Thanks,

I tried it but no cigar *Sad

miracleman, Apr 1, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)
    (from Guide: How to Fix Audio Not Working in Windows 10 : Windows10)

Note: as you may have found, a number of threads on this topic are unsolved.

You may wish to consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install if no solution is found.

Also consider the possibility of hardware failure. You could check the card is seated, cables secure.

dalchina, Apr 1, 2017
  7. Thanks guys, its onboard sound so unless thats fubared then I think its the software related

I cannot find 'IDT High Definition Audio Codec' in Device Manager?

miracleman, Apr 1, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, it will depend on the actual hardware/driver you have hence I said
    Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)

So you will need to adapt as necessary, if you can work that out.

Just something I came across- you can only try it, I'm afraid, no guarantees...

You could post a screenshot of your expanded Device Manager as mentioned there.

dalchina, Apr 1, 2017
  9. I had exactly the same issue and this is what solved it for me:

This solution worked for me:

go to start search and type cmd search will return cmd.exe right click on this and select 'run as administrator' at the prompt type:-

net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
    press enter then type:
    net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
    press enter then type:
    exit
    press enter and restart your computer

millemiglia, Apr 2, 2017
  10. so.

Im afraid non of the above has worked. I have tried doing a repair install however everytime it finishes it gets into windows (and yeay I have sound!) But then BSOD's with a 'system_thread_exception_not_handled' and goes into a boot loop with startup repair unable to fix the issue and im unable to get into safemode.

Im about to try and pre-uninstall my graphics drivers before trying the update as some searching around points the issue at them.

miracleman, Apr 3, 2017
  11. so.

Im afraid non of the above has worked. I have tried doing a repair install however everytime it finishes it gets into windows (and yeay I have sound!) But then BSOD's with a 'system_thread_exception_not_handled' and goes into a boot loop with startup repair unable to fix the issue and im unable to get into safemode.

Im about to try and pre-uninstall my graphics drivers before trying the update as some searching around points the issue at them.

miracleman, Apr 3, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    Hi, try two basic checks on your disk - you mentioned this occurred after switching on your system.

1. Download and run Crystal Diskinfo (free) -easy to find. Gives a quick Good/caution/bad indication.

2. Your file system integrity (I always recommend doing this before an in-place upgrade repair install)
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

dalchina, Apr 3, 2017
  13. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Ill try that next,

update:

After deleting my graphics drivers, disconnecting the internet and setting windows high def driver for the gpu, THEN doing the repair install I got into windows fine. I then installed the latest AMD driver and rebooted all fine.

I then reconnect interweb and start surfing the net and then after abou 5/10 mins BSOD with the same error message. (Im now rolled back to previous version).

miracleman, Apr 3, 2017
  14. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working [​IMG]

miracleman, Apr 3, 2017
  15. check disc log.txt

See attached log... nothing of note from my perusal?

miracleman, Apr 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working - Similar Threads - Audio services responding

2. Audio Services Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Services Not Responding: hello, i'd like to reporr a problem won my device. It doesnt have any sound and when i run the troubleshoot it says Audio Services Not Responding. i've tried all of the method in this link https://appuals.com/fix-audio-services-not-responding-windows-10/ but still doesnt...
  3. audio services not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio services not responding: hi, my windows 10 audio is not work and i dont know why, it keeps on say audio services not reponding and i tried multiple methods on fixing it, including restarting my audio services multiple times...
  4. Audio service suddenly stopped responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio service suddenly stopped responding: My audio service stopped responding yesterday and ive been trying to fix it the whole day but nothing worked theres sound if i use headphones though.. ive tried uninstalling driver using cmd prompt updating driver and what not but theres still no sound can someone help?...
  5. Audio service suddenly stopped responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio service suddenly stopped responding: My audio service stopped responding yesterday and ive been trying to fix it the whole day but nothing worked theres sound if i use headphones though.. ive tried uninstalling driver using cmd prompt updating driver and what not but theres still no sound can someone help?...
  6. Audio has suddenly stopped working on my laptop - "Audio Services Not Responding"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio has suddenly stopped working on my laptop - "Audio Services Not Responding": I'm running Windows 10 on a 1-year old Acer Nitro 5. All has been running smoothly until today when the audio suddenly stopped working. At the time i believe i may have been trying to connect a set of bluetooth headphones, already connected to this laptop, to my iphone....
  7. Speaker RealtekR Audio not working. Audio services are not responding.

Speaker RealtekR Audio not working. Audio services are not responding.: I haven't heard a sound on my laptop in a week HP Envy 13-6 months old. On headphones the sound works perfectly, but when I take off the headphones the whole laptop goes silent. I tried several solutions found on the internet: updating the sound driver, disabling / activating...
  8. Audio services not responding

Audio services not responding: Hi, I am having trouble with the speakers on my Lenovo ideapad Slim 3, the speakers and microphones do not work. When I troubleshoot it, the devices is RealtekR Audio, it says that "audio services is not responding" and then it says "turn off sound effects and enhancements"...
  9. Audio Services not responding

Audio Services not responding: Dear All, I have an HP laptop, Windows 10 and until relatively recently had no problems with it at all, particularly sound, ie speaker and microphone. Headset plugs into jack port on front right. Now it is a disaster. 90% of the time I get no audio service. No...
  10. Audio Service Not Responding

Audio Service Not Responding: Hi recently the audio in my laptop, which runs Windows 10, completely stopped working. The troubleshooting has told me the audio service isn't responding. So I opened the services app and it was stopped. When I started the audio services however the audio still didn't work....