Windows 10: Audio Sleep and

Discus and support Audio Sleep and in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I like Win10 - beautiful graphic and smooth transition from 8.1. One issue only. I have an audio app. DFX audio enhancer latest update, supposedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by geomazo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. geomazo Win User

Audio Sleep and

I like Win10 - beautiful graphic and smooth transition from 8.1.
    One issue only.
    I have an audio app. DFX audio enhancer latest update, supposedly compatible with Win10.
    The following happens: when after 20 min the system puts to sleep, the audio from Google Chrome YouTube is muted and the only solution is to restart Windoes.
    All drivers are updated, the speakers are built in with the monitor TV Samsung T24D390.
    Pls notice the silent wake-up only appears id the app DFX audio enhancer is installed. Without that the wake-up is OK.
    Any suggestion?

Thank you

:)

geomazo, Aug 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 wont sleep when audio stream is currently in use

This question is asked a few times, but I'm not finding any solutions that work.

Windows 10 for some reason forces a wake at 2:15am to check for updates (UpdateOrchestrator/Reboot task).

Unfortunately I cannot change that schedule since Windows just overrides my changes.

So if I leave a program open that might use audio stream (Chrome, IE, Unity 3D) Windows will not automatically return to sleep. Lots of programs use the audio stream and prevent sleep...

When I check powercfg /requests I am told the an audio stream is currently in use. This happens whether the audio driver is Realtek High Definition Audio or Logitech G930 Audio.

If I add an override to the requests with powercfg /requestsoverride driver "driver name" SYSTEM the sleep issue persists.

So, basically I have to wake up at 2am every night to force my computer to sleep because Microsoft decided to run a scheduled task at that preposterous time and they decided to not address this common sleep issue (search google for it, you'll see 100s of
    results).

Microsoft: Just add an option that audio stream does not prevent sleep. Is it really that hard to address issues that so many of your customers have?

PS - Drivers are up to date for both of these items. I've tried resetting power scheme as well. I've tried full reinstall of the drivers. This is a Windows power settings issue, this is not a driver issue.

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Audio driver preventing sleep mode/audio playing while in sleep mode windows 10

Hi David,

Sleep mode uses very little power and once you wake up your computer, you're instantly back to where you left off. To turn off audio playing while on sleep mode, you can try to turn off audio jack sensing and the mic on the Realtek audio manager app.

Update us with the result.

Ar Rom, Aug 8, 2015
  4. geomazo Win User

Audio Sleep and

Just an updating and some finding.
    First of all: the Audio enhancer software DFX is not part of the problem.
    The problem rests with HDMI audio of a monitor TV Samsumg after sleep. The Audio service is not resumed after sleep. Before the upgrading to Win 8.1. in the same computer the resumption odf audio was regular. As now, audio restart after rebooting or i have to turn off the monitor tv before sleep, a kind of annoyance.

Any suggestion?

geomazo, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Svenster Win User
    Funny you should mention this - I get the exact same.
    Running audio & video via HDMI out of an ATI card into Samsung TV, worked like a charm on Win8 / 8.1 with no problems.
    Now, when the screen blanks and I wait a few moments, there is no audio and the only option is to reboot this problem away.

I ran into this problem when trying to stream NetFlix and got an error about "unable to stream DRM protected media"

Svenster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio Sleep and

1. Audio Sleep and - Similar Threads - Audio Sleep

2. New Realtech universal audio driver 11/14/23 allows use of microphone and computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Realtech universal audio driver 11/14/23 allows use of microphone and computer to sleep: Have been unable to use microphone as it causes the computer to fail to sleep. Have tried everything, literally. Realteck just made an update driver available 11/14/23. I installed the new driver, and my computer now sleeps as it should with the microphone installed and left...
  3. New Realtech universal audio driver 11/14/23 allows use of microphone and computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Realtech universal audio driver 11/14/23 allows use of microphone and computer to sleep: Have been unable to use microphone as it causes the computer to fail to sleep. Have tried everything, literally. Realteck just made an update driver available 11/14/23. I installed the new driver, and my computer now sleeps as it should with the microphone installed and left...
  4. Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode: Dear developer,I'm from a audio device manufacturer, we make USB audio devices. The device works as an external sound card for a PC. Some customer feedback a issue to us recently, they keep the audio device always connected to their PC. And they never shut down their PC, only...
  5. Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode

Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode: Dear developer,I'm from a audio device manufacturer, we make USB audio devices. The device works as an external sound card for a PC. Some customer feedback a issue to us recently, they keep the audio device always connected to their PC. And they never shut down their PC, only...
  6. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  7. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  8. audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem

audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem: sometimes audio and video gets unsync. And laptop can't boot properly after sleep. after sleep BSOD appears and the error is critical process died and it restarts.I changed windows version, updated all drivers and bios and do things like CMD codes. I ran a RAM check in...
  9. audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem: sometimes audio and video gets unsync. And laptop can't boot properly after sleep. after sleep BSOD appears and the error is critical process died and it restarts.I changed windows version, updated all drivers and bios and do things like CMD codes. I ran a RAM check in...
  10. audio and video unsync, laptop sleep problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging