Windows 10: Audio Stuttering after Upgrade

Discus and support Audio Stuttering after Upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today, I upgraded my Toshiba Laptop to Windows 10, it was previously windows 8 but the computer was windows 7 default. My sound was working fine until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Equation, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Equation Win User

Audio Stuttering after Upgrade

Today, I upgraded my Toshiba Laptop to Windows 10, it was previously windows 8 but the computer was windows 7 default. My sound was working fine until I installed Windows 10..I upgraded to Win10 and I played a youtube video and I hear choppy glitchy like sounds few once in a while.. How do I stop it from chopping out? My brother has the same computer as me and he upgraded, his doesn't make the choppy sound. I tried with his headphones in my computer, it still occurred. So any help on this? How do I stop it from chopping out?

:)

Equation, Oct 30, 2015

2. Video streaming issues in Windows 10

FWIW this suggestion worked for me, thank you! I upgraded to RTM Windows 10 (have been upgrading betas for last year, upgraded to RTM, had issues and then did refresh PC). After refresh and installation of all HP Win 10 drivers my audio off my laptop would
    do the electronic "stutter" on certain applications, namely videos from web and Skype for Business/Lync calls. The audio issue also affected video as videos played through web pages would stutter due to audio not being processed correctly. Making this change
    fixed both problems.

SQLChicken, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Eqaution Win User

Alright thanks, I installed the driver and an PC update also came along. If anything goes wrong, I'll post in this section again.

Eqaution, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Equation Win User

Someone answer me please, this is getting quite frustrating...

Equation, Oct 31, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Probably Windows replaced the audio driver with Microsoft generic one that doesn't work properly. Go at manufacturer's site, download the audio driver and install it. No problem if it is not for Windows 10. Windows 8 or 7 driver will work. If it is Realtek, you can find Windows 10 driver at www.realtek.com

spapakons, Oct 31, 2015
  6. Equation Win User
    How do I know if it is realtek?

And by manufacturer you mean toshiba?

Could you also give me a direct link?

Equation, Oct 31, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    If your notebook is Toshiba, then go to the computer support site, click the model family (eg Satellite) and then continue to select your exact model (see label underneath). Then find the drivers download and you should see various devices. You are looking for audio or sound and chipset. If you see Realtek audio in the description, then it is a Realtek and you can download newer driver directly from their site. Otherwise download the driver from Toshiba and it should work.

spapakons, Oct 31, 2015
  8. Equation Win User

Ok, I went to computer support site, and identified my satellite, these are all the drivers that are found in sound section;

Audio Stuttering after Upgrade [​IMG]

Do I install all the drivers or a specific one?

Equation, Oct 31, 2015
  9. satchmo Win User
    Go ahead and install the Conexant one. It's the most recently updated driver for your laptop.

satchmo, Oct 31, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    Yes, nVidia is only used with an HDMI cable and it is installed automatically if you install the nVidia graphics drivers. So you have to install Conexant which is your main audio device. If you look carefully you will see that there are different versions of the same drivers. Install the latest (see date) and you shouldn't have any problem. You could also install the SRS audio utility.

spapakons, Oct 31, 2015
  11. Equation Win User
    Alright thanks, I installed the driver and an PC update also came along. If anything goes wrong, I'll post in this section again.

Equation, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio Stuttering after Upgrade - Similar Threads - Audio Stuttering Upgrade

2. Audio stuttering after wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stuttering after wake: Hi,I've been suffering from this issue for a long while now.When watching videos there's an audio stutter usually accompanied with an electrical noise once every 5-10 seconds.This only happens once the computer wakes back up from sleep. There is not any problem after a fresh...
  3. Audio stuttering after wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stuttering after wake: Hi,I've been suffering from this issue for a long while now.When watching videos there's an audio stutter usually accompanied with an electrical noise once every 5-10 seconds.This happens once the computer wakes back up from sleep. There is not any problem after a fresh...
  4. Audio stuttering after wake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio stuttering after wake: Hi,I've been suffering from this issue for a long while now.When watching videos there's an audio stutter usually accompanied with an electrical noise once every 5-10 seconds.This only happens once the computer wakes back up from sleep. There is not any problem after a fresh...
  5. Audio stuttering after wake

Audio stuttering after wake: Hi,I've been suffering from this issue for a long while now.When watching videos there's an audio stutter usually accompanied with an electrical noise once every 5-10 seconds.This happens once the computer wakes back up from sleep. There is not any problem after a fresh...
  6. audio Stuttering after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio Stuttering after update: As you can see on the title, there is an update happened and now my audio is stuttering. I am connected via wired connection and this is ongoing. I tried my headset on different computer and it works fine so it is not my headset which is having issue its the PC....
  7. audio Stuttering after update

audio Stuttering after update: As you can see on the title, there is an update happened and now my audio is stuttering. I am connected via wired connection and this is ongoing. I tried my headset on different computer and it works fine so it is not my headset which is having issue its the PC....
  8. audio Stuttering after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stuttering: Hello, I have this problem for like 6+ months. Started back in 2019. When I watch youtube/twitch streams I have weird audio stutter for like 1s, the video doesnt lag out, but the audio cuts off/stutter and has weird like robotic sound TRRRRR. I started having this problem on...
  10. Audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stuttering: Audio stuttering Hello, so I have this problem since last year. This problem started on my old computer on windows 7, then I upgraded there to windows 10 but problem didnt fix. So I have this problem for quite long, and cant find solution. So when I watch youtube video's or...