Windows 10: Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms

Discus and support Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So a couple weeks ago I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU and ever since I've been having problems with audio sync. Whenever I play video,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rammblin, Jul 18, 2018.

1. rammblin Win User

Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms

So a couple weeks ago I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU and ever since I've been having problems with audio sync. Whenever I play video, over time, usually about 30 minutes to an hour, the audio will become noticeably out of sync. The audio always plays ahead of the video. This happens across multiple platforms - chrome, firefox, edge, the twitch app, even just playing a video offline in the default windows video player.

Initially I was booting off of the windows on my old drive, so I did a fresh install on a brand new drive to see if that would fix the problem and nope, didn't work. I've also tried switching from the Realtek audio drivers to the generic windows one, but that didn't help. Also made sure that windows and all of my drivers are up to date.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. It seems to be a windows issue since it happens no matter how I play the video, and it isn't a connection issue because it happens offline too. Is there anything else I can try?

:)

rammblin, Jul 18, 2018
  2. michael Win User

Please suggest me best Audio Video Syncing application.

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me best Audio Video Syncing application.

I have created one animation with few frames and the i have adjusted the movement of those frames as per audio bit which I had connected to my ears while making that animation. but now I want to sync that animation video with audio file. I did that with virtual dub software as well but somewhere in video the frames left behind the audio.

Please give me proper suggestion of application which can do that.

Thanks
    micheal.

michael, Jul 18, 2018
  3. spl1ff Win User
    Audio is out of sync on browsers

After countless hours of research and troubleshooting I finally found the culprit. It seems that BenQ's Display Pilot causes this audio lag for whatever reason. Here are the steps I made to find the solution:
    • uninstallled and reinstalled every driver of every component
    • checked system/cpu/temperature -- all in nominal/normal values/
    • reinstalled a fresh copy of windows
    • one-by-one I disabled every program that ran at startup (this led me to BenQ's Display Pilot)
    I did not even suspected that something that has to do with my display would even cause this issue.

spl1ff, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms

Audio out of sync in video Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue with particular video file or all the video files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving this issue.

Note: The steps mentioned below are applicable to Windows Media player only.

Make sure “Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized

1. Open Windows Media Player.

2. Click on Tools and then on Options

3. Switch to Performance tab.

4. Ensure that a check is next to the "Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files" options.

5. Click "Apply" and click "OK."

Restart Windows Media Player and open a video file. Ensure that the audio and video are in sync.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms

1. Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms - Similar Threads - Audio Sync Issue

2. Videos keep rewinding across all platforms#2 All Platforms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Videos keep rewinding across all platforms#2 All Platforms: why WHY WHY WHY, this I going on for last 2 years now more on msn.com than anywhere.png viruses or jpegs something happening.Does it in android does it windows 10 and 11 does it on iOS and macOS.flaw somewhere in videos on msn.17/11/22...
  3. Videos keep rewinding across all platforms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos keep rewinding across all platforms: I upgraded to W11 a week ago. Lately, every time I play a video anywhere YouTUbe, DataCamp, Coursera, etc, the video keeps rewinding and it gets stuck there. If I am in the middle of a playlist then it'll just keep going to the previous video.At first, I thought maybe a key...
  4. Videos keep rewinding across all platforms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos keep rewinding across all platforms: I upgraded to W11 a week ago. Lately, every time I play a video anywhere YouTUbe, DataCamp, Coursera, etc, the video keeps rewinding and it gets stuck there. If I am in the middle of a playlist then it'll just keep going to the previous video.At first, I thought maybe a key...
  5. Issue with google across all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with google across all browsers: Posting here because I feel this is a different issue from Google. When I try to access my Gmail by clicking on either the MENU icon or my Avatar Picture Icon, nothing happens, they are now unresponsive, across ALL browsers I use MSedge, Chrome and Firefox I have:...
  6. Using paid apps across platforms.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using paid apps across platforms.: So, my brother has a game on his computer. My computer is better than his, therefore he wants to use my computer. He has Minecraft and he wants to play it on my computer and play it on his Vr headset. We can't seem to find out on how to install it on my computer. He fully...
  7. Audio sync issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio sync issues: I've been having issues with audio on videos running a few seconds later than the video. It's happened with Netflix, Youtube, and Kast, but is only noticeable if the video has been running longer than about five or six minutes. Doesn't happen when I play video games. I've...
  8. Announcing new version of Microsoft To Do app across all platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing new version of Microsoft To Do app across all platforms: When Wunderlist became part of the Microsoft family, our mission was to bring the delightful, simple, and elegant daily task experience and build it into Microsoft’s intelligent, interconnected, and security-centric ecosystem to create a new app—Microsoft To Do. Today, we’re...
  9. Chrome will sync clipboard across Windows PCs and other platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome will sync clipboard across Windows PCs and other platforms: Google might be adding ‘shared clipboard’ support to Chrome to allow users to sync the clipboard contents across all platforms. In an upcoming version of Google Chrome, users will be able to copy the content or URL on one device and access it on another device. For example,...
  10. audio sync issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio sync issue: for the past month any videos played on Netflix or YouTube go out of sync at the start of the video its fine but after a while is get further out of sync. I've tried it on edge still sync issues, I've re-installed chrome, i went through every single driver on my computer but...