Windows 10: Audio via Bluetooth - 2 headsets at same time?

Discus and support Audio via Bluetooth - 2 headsets at same time? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I must say I'm a bit surprised that I can't seem to find a definitive answer as I would have thought they'd be plenty of people in my position. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sprootle, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Sprootle Win User

Audio via Bluetooth - 2 headsets at same time?

I must say I'm a bit surprised that I can't seem to find a definitive answer as I would have thought they'd be plenty of people in my position.

I simply want to connect two bluetooth headsets (would they have to be identical?) to my laptop at the same time so that my wife and I can either listen to music or watch movies together.

I've seen a couple of answers on the web stating the Bluesoleil software will do it but they might be just saying that get me to buy the software. There also seems to be a device that you plug into the audio port (3.5mm) although not popular and that's not using the onboard Bluetooth chip.

Obviously this can be done using wired headsets but I just want wireless.

Thanks very much and hope you can help.

:)

Sprootle, Oct 20, 2016
  2. nikolaiak Win User

E71 + Bluetooth car kit + Maps voice navigation

The voice goes via Bluetooth A2DP audio channel. My Pioneer has 2 blueotoh profiles and for calls I use headset profile and for Audio I use Bluetooth Audio profile. There are 2 LEDs on front panel on Pioneer.

Check if your stereo supports Blutooth Audio.

nikolaiak, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Bruceneo Win User
    My Bluetooth headset will not pair properly

First I had a Turtle Beach XP 510 headset that about 8 months ago worked great. I don't use my headset all that much which is the reason for the 8 months without using it.

I go to try and use my headset to talk to someone via Skype but I could not get the headset to pair properly.

Over the next two weeks I worked with Turtle Beach tech support and nothing we did helped. So they RMA'd me a new PX51 unit (basically the same headset). This was extremely awesome because my old XP510 headset was out of warranty.

I get this new headset in today and try connecting it and I am getting the same issues as with my old XP510.

Here is the issue:

The headset gets audio through the connection to the base unit which is connected to the PC via optical cable. The headset connects to the base unit via wifi.

The unit is supposed to connect the mic to the bluetooth on my PC but when I try to pair it the only thing that is paired is the audio and not the mic, basically it removes the audio from the connection to the base unit and pairs the audio to the PC via
    bluetooth.

So I am thinking this is a windows issue and I need help troubleshooting it.

When the PX51 is paired with my PC it indicates that it is connected for "Audio Music".

When I go to the sound properties menu for playback and recording devices I have 3 options for the Turtle Beach headset and they are;

1. Playback tab

A. Headset, Turtle Beach PX51 Hands-Free, Disconnected

B. Headphones, Turtle Beach PX51 Stereo, Default Communication Device

2. Recording tab

A. Headset, Turtle Beach PX51 Hands-Free, Disconnected

I try clicking to connect on either of the Hands-Free options but it does nothing. I even try disconnecting it from option 1B and I am still unable to connect it via the Hands-Free options.

Any ideas on how to get this fix and connect my headset mic to my PC via bluetooth (instead of it connecting to my headset for audio only?

Bruceneo, Oct 20, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

One issue to be concered about. Windows only allows one default audio playback device. Thus if "Bluetooth" is set as default audio playback device and it does not support more than one device you can't have another.

However, I see separate Bluetooth devices that will handle more than one headset on the US Amazon site. Same or similar items should be available in the UK.
    Amazon.com: multiple wireless headphones with one receiver

fireberd, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Audio via Bluetooth - 2 headsets at same time? - Similar Threads - Audio via Bluetooth

2. Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time: Whenever I try to play video games, I can either hear audio, but can't communicate to others, or can communicate to others, but I can't hear anything. I don't know what to do with this problem since I've been trying for a few days but nothing happened. I originally thought...
  3. Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time: Whenever I try to play video games, I can either hear audio, but can't communicate to others, or can communicate to others, but I can't hear anything. I don't know what to do with this problem since I've been trying for a few days but nothing happened. I originally thought...
  4. Bluetooth Headset , can't hear and talk at the same time only at a time !

Bluetooth Headset , can't hear and talk at the same time only at a time !: Hello , i got a bluetooth headset Hyper X could mix and a CSR 5 dongle !Connected to the desktop , but microphone isn't even recognized !and when i try to test it or go to settings sound is shutdown can't hear anything .with cable evrything is working fine ! on laptop...
  5. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time: I have a headset with a dedicated mic. When I plug it into any port, I am asked to select whether it is headphones, a microphone, or a line-in. Whichever option I select, it works, but it does not function in the other way. If I select microphone, it records audio fine but...
  6. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time: I have a headset with a dedicated mic. When I plug it into any port, I am asked to select whether it is headphones, a microphone, or a line-in. Whichever option I select, it works, but it does not function in the other way. If I select microphone, it records audio fine but...
  7. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio crackling when 2 or more bluetooth devices are connected at the same time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio crackling when 2 or more bluetooth devices are connected at the same time: Whenever I connect my bluetooth headphones, they work perfectly fine on their own. However, when I also connect my xbox one controller to my laptop, a few seconds later I start hearing the audio cracking and lagging. Is it something to do with my low end laptop? Something to...
  9. Bluetooth-Headset and Microphone not working at the same time.

Bluetooth-Headset and Microphone not working at the same time.: Hi, i purchased the Motorola Pulse Escape headphones and im not able to use the headphones and its mic at the same time, i dont know why but i can hear evryting ok but no one hears me and i did already check my drivers too. My headphones are selected as the standard entry and...
  10. is there a software-solution to use 2 headsets at the same time ?

is there a software-solution to use 2 headsets at the same time ?: Hello, there was plenty of time where i wanted to watch a movie or a play a game with a friend or gf late at night and we had to use the headset, but we just couldn't cause windows doesn't support that (or its very well hidden). I have plenty of USB headsets, some of...