Windows 10: Audio via HDMI to TV

Discus and support Audio via HDMI to TV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scopio, Aug 19, 2016.

1. scopio Win User

Audio via HDMI to TV

My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV when the TV is switchedoff. Could this be because Windows 10 Anniversary Update has installed adifferent driver?

:)

scopio, Aug 19, 2016
  2. loughney Win User

Audio out from HDMI port?

I have connected my TV and Booklet via a standard HDMI cable. This same HDMI cable works fine with my DVD player. When I use it with my booklet, only video seems to be sent to the TV via the HDMI cable. Is the HDMI out port supporting only video, or
    audio as well? I understand the booklet supports HDMI 1.2, which should support an audio profile, as far as I know.

Let me know if you have been able to get audio to work over HDMI.

thanks,

John

loughney, Aug 19, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge interferes with HDMI audio

I stream TV using a browser and connect to TV via HDMI output. Some resent update eliminated the HDMI audio from the output signal. There was no change in the audio driver and the HDMI audio controls seem unaffected but there is no audio output.

To check on whether it is a Microsoft Edge problem I downloaded and installed the Chrome broswer. The HDMI audio works well streaming under Chrome but not Microsoft Edge.

Is there a fix or workaround for HDMI audio under the latest version of Microsoft Edge?

This is very problematic for videostreaming. Thanks

Magicsteveb, Aug 19, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Audio via HDMI to TV

Probably. You'd get better help with that if you could supply the detailed Acer model number, which isn't Aspire E15.

I'm a little surprised that the TV ever played sound from an HDMI connection while the TV was nominally turned off, but I've never tried anything like that.

bobkn, Aug 20, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Ditto.

Logically thinking how on earth can a TV play incoming HDMI audio when TV is turned off?

6. scopio Win User
    Ditto.
    I could not believe what my friend was say and insisting on when he said he could play audio from the pc when the TV switched off but as I do not have a TV I thought I would ask here to confirm that it was impossible. So thank you for the confirmation.

What I have found out is that he can turn the screen off on the TV whilst he can listen to the audio on the TV.

scopio, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio via HDMI to TV

1. Audio via HDMI to TV - Similar Threads - Audio via HDMI

2. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  3. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  4. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  5. Samsung TV via HDMI device & Audio Driver diasbling itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung TV via HDMI device & Audio Driver diasbling itself: over the past 6 months ive had this annoying little problem with the device and Audio driver vanishing and disabling the audio between my mac mini that i use as a media server which i run windows 10 home on, and a wide screen Samsung plasma TV via HDMI. during down time where...
  6. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  7. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio on HDMI PC to tv: I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even tried a dvi cord and a display port cord, same issue. The smart TV and PC are both brand new so I don't understand why a...
  8. Interfacing to ultra 4k TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interfacing to ultra 4k TV via HDMI: Having trouble with latest windows 10 pro version (1809) interfacing with an ultra 4k tv via HDMI. When entering text in any text entry box, it will not display until the cursor is moved. Has something changed? Used to work on earlier versions of windows 10. My system is...
  9. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...
  10. Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI

Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI: When I connect them the PC doesn't even detect it, and the TV just says no signal, even though I allowed it in the TV settings. My video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 with the latest drivers installed and it supports the resolution of the TV. Also, it says PC Input on...