Windows 10: Audio works but see red x on icon

Discus and support Audio works but see red x on icon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pc is only 2 weeks old (brand new out of box) but I turned it on this morning and there is a red x on the sound icon, but the sound is working fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephanie19884, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Audio works but see red x on icon

My pc is only 2 weeks old (brand new out of box) but I turned it on this morning and there is a red x on the sound icon, but the sound is working fine. I checked for updates but don't have any, what can I do to fix it or make the red x go away? I ran a sound test and it came back fine, I can hear the sound, just see a red x on the icon for some reason.

:)

Stephanie19884, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 15, 2018
  3. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Audio works but see red x on icon

Red X by my speaker icon.

Red X by my speaker icon. Message says "No Audio Output Device Installed" but the speakers are plugged in and work fine. I checked them on another computer.

Danny Yarbrough, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Audio works but see red x on icon

1. Audio works but see red x on icon - Similar Threads - Audio works red

2. Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon: the audio cut out and seems to no longer be available on my laptop. The speaker icon has a red x on it. I restarted the laptop twice, please help....
  3. Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon: the audio cut out and seems to no longer be available on my laptop. The speaker icon has a red x on it. I restarted the laptop twice, please help....
  4. Audio is suddenly not working there is a red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon: Greetings,Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and...
  6. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon: Greetings,Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and...
  7. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Audio is suddenly not working. Red X on speaker icon.

Audio is suddenly not working. Red X on speaker icon.: While on headphones on my laptop windows 10, the audio cut out and seems to no longer be available on my laptop. The speaker icon has a red x on it. I restarted the laptop twice. Any ideas?...
  9. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

My Audio icon has a red X and no sound: Dear everyone, I am writing to you on behalf of Sound Problem in device. My laptop band is Asus, it is so old 3-4 years. I have just updated win 10, it isn't activated. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound. I saw many webs and solutions but It was not effective. It...
  10. Red X on Tray Icon appears on Wifi and Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Red X on Tray Icon appears on Wifi and Audio: Hi guys. Im having a problem. What happened was i tried opening a software called Pokemon Revolution online. People call it a client. When i did, it crashed and became "not responding." So what i did was held the power button to force restart it. Now, when it restarted it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red x on volume icon after update

2. Red x sound

3. audio has red x but works