Windows 10: Audiophiles --BBC Concert Sound -- Browser to use

Discus and support Audiophiles --BBC Concert Sound -- Browser to use in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks Those of you who have access to BBC and like Classical Music can now get the BBC radio streams for some shows (BBC Proms for example) in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jul 28, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Audiophiles --BBC Concert Sound -- Browser to use

Hi folks

Those of you who have access to BBC and like Classical Music can now get the BBC radio streams for some shows (BBC Proms for example) in the best quality sound (FLAC @ 550 kbits /s - 1.5Mbits /s) . You'll need really good quality speakers but be sure to throw away those bud headphones for this type of listening !!!.

This may well get used for other music in future - but it's brilliant --- amazing when so much else seems "Cash strapped" or problematical in that corner of N.W Europe the BBC can come out with really high quality music streams.

Enjoy :

Here's the link -- Firefox 51 or greater seems a good browser for this purpose -- you need decent soundcard of course and "proper" speakers.

Delivering Radio 3 Concert Sound - BBC RD

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 28, 2017

2. BBC iplayer radio

The BBC are making much of the BBC iplayer radio app during the current season of Proms concerts

Does anybody know why this does not seem to available in the Windows store?

MaxwellWild, Jul 28, 2017
  3. about nokia 5200

well normally most phones sound a bit crackalily after you record at a concert my mum used a samsung forget which no. at a Mcfly concert and it was still crackly because of all of the speakers everywhere but i dont have the same problem with the video
    and syncs. so ...

megan26---01, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Audiophiles --BBC Concert Sound -- Browser to use

No IE 11 support, no subscription for me

theveterans, Jul 28, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Jul 28, 2017
  6. DavidY Win User
    As I understand it, it's Live only (and not available for catch-up listening)?

DavidY, Jul 29, 2017
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    currently it's live only -- but I suppose with a decent audio card you could capture in real time and play later.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2017
  8. DavidY Win User

Thanks - I'm not sure I have good enough recording technology to get the benefits.

DavidY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audiophiles --BBC Concert Sound -- Browser to use - Similar Threads - Audiophiles BBC Concert

2. Windows sounds like a distant concert hall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sounds like a distant concert hall: To get started, I've not touched anything like a sound equalizer program and this suddenly happened. My hyperx cloud alpha headset has a weird distant sound like you are in a really large room where the sounds echo against the wall and on the other end of this hallway music...
  3. BBC iPlayer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer: Why is the BBC iPlayer no longer available on the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer/c1a63175-7012-48f9-9665-a2d50bd9bc2f
  4. fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites): Hi folks Seems the BBC has got a whole load of TV series on their iPlayer -- probably good for people stuck for long times at home. If you've got access to BBC site and / or UK based VPN then there's an excellent app called get_iplayer. perfectly 100% legal. get_iPlayer •...
  5. BBC Radio stopped on -- Smart speakers etc Alexa no good for BBC

BBC Radio stopped on -- Smart speakers etc Alexa no good for BBC: Hi folks I see BBC has stopped its Radio services on Tunein - which a load of apps like smart speakers, Alexa devices etc use. Reason given is they can't collect data about their users --I assumed that the BBC was a broadcasting organisation not a Data collection service...
  6. how can i download bbc sounds app in windows 10

how can i download bbc sounds app in windows 10: why cant I download bbc sounds app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-bbc-sounds-app-in-windows-10/0928b552-7576-4658-85a7-1fb8811c4c13
  7. BBC i-player to be used on a Windows 10 PC & Laptop

BBC i-player to be used on a Windows 10 PC & Laptop: Why is it impossible to operate BBC I-player on Windows 10 why is it only on an Xbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/bbc-i-player-to-be-used-on-a-windows-10-pc-laptop/095fd795-2958-4589-8e8a-9468ca9dea8d
  8. bbc iPlayer downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bbc iPlayer downloads: hi i have a Lenovo ideapad 110 running windows 10 3 months ago I downloaded the BBC iPlayer download and it worked perfectly 3 weeks ago it stopped working when you download it says download failed and the program that are there will not play I have uninstalled it and cleared...
  9. No sound on Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    No sound on Edge Browser: Hi All And Happy New Year, Since the update before the most recent I have no sound on any video played on "Edge". YouTube or news and sports videos from all sites play without sound. I have tried everything except the thing that will fix this. Its not an emergency since I...
  10. BBC iPlayer

BBC iPlayer: iPlayer required me to sign in having replaced my old comp. No problem as I live in UK. However, I am now only allowed to stream as usual but not download to the computer. I received notification that I had to obtain an app through Windows Store! There are none there....