Windows 10: Audit Mode going into OOBE

Discus and support Audit Mode going into OOBE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, Why is it that when I am in audit mode and I set my .theme package, I then OOBE out, and it deletes the theme that I installed? Do I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinM, Feb 26, 2017.

1. JustinM Win User

Audit Mode going into OOBE

Hello all,

Why is it that when I am in audit mode and I set my .theme package, I then OOBE out, and it deletes the theme that I installed? Do I need to add the theme to an unattended XML file?

:)

JustinM, Feb 26, 2017

2. Installation of Windows 10 - Pause restart for new PC Owner

You would need to some OEM Preinstallation Kit to do that, which normally a part of OEM Licenses.

Another option is to just turn off the computer when it reaches OOBE or configure Audit Mode:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2017
  3. How to exit System Audit Mode WITHOUT CMD or Logging in

Hi,

As long as the Audit Mode is not specifically told to exit, Windows stays and returns to Audit Mode even when rebooted. There is one valid method to exit Audit Mode: running the Sysprep and telling Windows to boot to OOBE/Welcome Mode. If you try to reboot
    your PC, are you getting the Sysprep dialog? Are you getting any other error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Simply because you are doing it wrong, most probably sysprepping without a correct answer file and / or not using the /generalize switch.

All desktop modifications and theme personalisations done in Audit Mode are copied to Default user profile and kept and carried over to all later user profiles only if you sysprep with an answer file where the CopyProfile component is set to be TRUE, and sysprep command is run with /generalize switch.

Set CopyProfile = TRUE in answer file and use /generalize switch with sysprep command.

5. JustinM Win User
    Thank you Kari. I just watched some of your videos yesterday!

JustinM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Audit Mode going into OOBE - Similar Threads - Audit Mode going

2. URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep: WOW! I just installed Windows 11, and it looks very beautiful! Don't know why people have bad reputation though. Anyways, I missed the user account creation OOBE which looks absolutely beautiful, so I wanted to see that again, that is why I used Sysprep, just to know that...
  3. URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT - Windows 11 can't exit OOBE/Audit mode after using sysprep: WOW! I just installed Windows 11, and it looks very beautiful! Don't know why people have bad reputation though. Anyways, I missed the user account creation OOBE which looks absolutely beautiful, so I wanted to see that again, that is why I used Sysprep, just to know that...
  4. OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE Loop leading to Audit Mode screen of death: So my company provided me a new Lenovo Yoga laptop, but accidentally ordered it with 10 Home instead of Pro. After some wrangling with an ISO of Pro that we had on hand, I was upgrading my computer only to run into the OOBE Loop. I tried detaching all peripherals, disabling...
  5. Audit mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  6. Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE

Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE: Hi, I'm new to customizing Windows images and I'm confused by something that I hope you can clear up. I understand that audit mode gives OEMs the ability to install software, drivers, customize etc before capturing a master image, and that that this uses a hidden admin...
  7. what is audit mode

what is audit mode: my win 10 won't install because it's in audit mode. what is audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-audit-mode/d0b1a6aa-be1e-4abb-b82b-1a3e54675033
  8. Audit Mode and Robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audit Mode and Robocopy: So today I had an interesting issue. I had a data transfer from an old hard drive to a newly purchased system. It wasnt my system, else I would've follow windows oobe and then transfered the files. Instead, i hit control+shift+F3 to enter audit mode and then I opened PS as...
  9. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE: IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep, At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive) then boot into windows and on the first screen...
  10. CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT

CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT: Hi Dears, I'm just trying to change the profiles directory and ProgramData directory paths after a Windows 10 upgrade to allocate these in D:\Users and D:\ProgramData respectively (source OS: Windows 8 Pro installed just to perform a clean upgrade), but I'm having a problem....