Windows 10: August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

Discus and support August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Swaysome, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Swaysome Win User

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i got a forced update last night and i chose the update and shutdown option. Today, in the morning my computer booted up but said that it needed to finish completing updates. A few reboots later my computer booted with a black screen (not a windows or spinning dots) my keyboard and mouse were inactive. In fact, none of thr keyboard lights were active. I can only assume that the windows updated mess up the drivers. So, i tried a CMOS clean boot because usually restores my default drivers but that did work. Even powered down and unplugged my PC for several hours (nope). Now, I'm in a conundrum because most solutions i found tell me about assessing safe mode or somehow using media recovery tool but the thing is i can't use my keyboard or mouse so how can i even do those things. Worst of all, it seem like any of my GPU driver updated either so om visually impaired. So, I'm at a lost at what i can do.

:)

Swaysome, Aug 16, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 16, 2018
  4. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

1. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank - Similar Threads - August 2018 Update

2. Pc monitor blank screen with fans on, but keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc monitor blank screen with fans on, but keyboard and mouse not working: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-monitor-blank-screen-with-fans-on-but-keyboard/da8bd223-8e00-49be-8017-c4e6c0dd8a62
  3. Pc monitor blank screen with fans on, but keyboard and mouse not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc monitor blank screen with fans on, but keyboard and mouse not working.: Hi, I have set my computer to turn off display after 5 minutes or so of inactivity, and today when I tried to turn the display on again using the keyboard, it didn't work, and also the mouse was off. I tried turning on the caps lock light of the keyboard and it didn't work,...
  4. August 2018 update (1809)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    August 2018 update (1809): Hi, after trying to install an update in 3DMark I discovered that I have somehow missed the August 2018 1809 update! Windows update is telling me I am up to date, but I am currently on version 1803. I ran the update troubleshooter and it did say that it had found and...
  5. Screen lagging after August 2018 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen lagging after August 2018 update: what problems are there with this August 2018 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-lagging-after-august-2018-update/3d13e16a-9f44-4167-8450-c55390e38d76
  6. August 2018 windows 10 update killed my laptop

August 2018 windows 10 update killed my laptop: the laptop I am using is an Asus Rog gaming laptop with windows 10 home installed on it. I am also apart of the windows insider program. Microsoft if you keep on this path of creating updates to kill people's laptops and computers, you are eventually going to loose your...
  7. WINDOWS 10 August 15 2018 Update Network ISSUE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 August 15 2018 Update Network ISSUE: Hello, My computer auto updated Aug 15 2018 and now my computer has no connection to internet. I used system restore to undo the update as you can see, it came back. I tried applying the update a few times and each time no connection to network. I disabled windows update in...
  8. August 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    August 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in August 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update, click the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Update 2018-August-5th Error

Windows 10 Pro Update 2018-August-5th Error: Failed to install on ‎05/‎08/‎2018 - 0x80240034 17631.1002.rs_onecore_ens.180320-1822 (UUP-CTv2) Should I ignore this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-pro-update-2018-august-5th-error/a3993e11-9494-45c1-a49f-c08c9024f53f
  10. Updates for Surface Book 2 - August 1, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Book 2 - August 1, 2018: On August 1st we released updates for Surface Book 2 devices running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 or greater to Windows Update. These updates are now available in MSI format on the Microsoft Download Center from the following links: Click Download to download...