Windows 10: Auto Arrange

Discus and support Auto Arrange in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anybody find a fix to disable auto arrange for items in a folder??? This is after the CU update??? 86428 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wingman1800, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Auto Arrange

Anybody find a fix to disable auto arrange for items in a folder??? This is after the CU update???

:)

wingman1800, Jun 9, 2017

2. Rearranging picture order in Windows 7 and Windows 10

The developers removed the Auto-Arrange option in Windows 7. Either of these third party fixes will add it back so you can disable it.

How to Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 7? - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-auto-arrange-folders-windows-7/

Windows 7 - Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable

Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

For Win10:

Auto Arrange in Folders - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

Or:

How to Disable Full Row Select and Auto Arrange in Windows 10?

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-full-row-select-auto-arrange-folders-windows-10/

Bruce Hagen, Jun 9, 2017
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Unkn0wn Win User

Auto Arrange

Unkn0wn, Jun 11, 2017
  5. As stated DOES NOT wotk in the CU ..... So still no solution for anybody with latest updates???

wingman1800, Jun 11, 2017
  6. Unkn0wn Win User
    Well sorry, stay tuned for future tutorials probably Brink is going to find the solution soon enough.

Unkn0wn, Jun 11, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Don't want to sound like I'm "bashing" or whatever, but you decide.

I've noticed a bunch of other features that I had earlier on Windows before the "Creators Update", have been removed. Windows is even getting more handicapped with the lack of customizations. (I had thick borders around all windows, but that no longer exists).

Isn't the whole intention on the word "Creators" intended for you to be customizable and do many different options and settings? There's a lot of things that Microsoft is doing that seems to be contradictory.
    It's SAD to see such a huge company make bad decisions on change =/

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Auto Arrange

1. Auto Arrange - Similar Threads - Auto Arrange

2. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  3. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  4. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  5. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  6. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  8. Auto arrange icons after update

Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  9. task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops: I have a shared community of computers in a lab where users consistently play with the icons, looking for a way to reset the desktop for the next user?...
  10. task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops: I have a shared community of computers in a lab where users consistently play with the icons, looking for a way to reset the desktop for the next user?...