Windows 10: Auto backup and sync

Discus and support Auto backup and sync in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; HI everyone...I'm back again with a question. I have a new 2TB Portable Hard Drive. When I plug the drive into my computer I would like it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by lionwing, Sep 1, 2018.

1. lionwing Win User

Auto backup and sync

HI everyone...I'm back again with a question.

I have a new 2TB Portable Hard Drive. When I plug the drive into my computer I would like it to automatically synchronise with selected folders on my PC.

Windows 10 does have a "backup" option but that appears to only offer scheduled backups rather than only occurring when the portable drive is plugged in.

Are there any useful tools out there in general use you would recommend?

:)

lionwing, Sep 1, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 1, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Sep 1, 2018
  4. Auto backup and sync

Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

aoironowind, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

Auto backup and sync

1. Auto backup and sync - Similar Threads - Auto backup sync

2. Onedrive sync and backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...
  3. Desktop sync/ backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop sync/ backup: I use my account on my home and office computers. Some desktop shortcuts aren't on my home PC that are on my home PC and vice versa. I don't want my two PC's intermingling the shortcuts, so I turn off the desktop backup and stop the sync, but it always seems to be turning...
  4. Problem with Backup and Sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Backup and Sync: I uninstalled Backup and Sync from my Surface Pro 7 but the Google Drive folder stayed behind taking up space. When I tried to delete the folder I got a warning stating that it was still syncing with Google Drive. I need to clear that space off my computer because I'm using...
  5. Backup/sync problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup/sync problems: backup and sync never completes the whole backup. do I need to keep computer running for several days to complete backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backupsync-problems/4f49dda3-1abd-477d-a0bb-edbbce4f76b0
  6. Auto backups in Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto backups in Word: Is there any option to specify where the backup is created? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-backups-in-word/c70b282c-1eea-4931-b69e-5b0cd3bbb931
  7. Google+Auto backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google+Auto backup: Each time I boot up,I get an invitation from Google+ backup to backup my photos.I follow the instructions for email address and password and click submit.I then get an alarm sound with a box that says"ERROR failed to access account information"Then I get an email alert from...
  8. Auto backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto backup: I have Windows 10 Auto Backup on two Dell PCs. Both are connected to an external solid state drives with daily (preferred) settings. They work fine for a week or two then just quit. I can do an manual backup at any time. Anyone know why this happens and have a solution?...
  9. Backup and Sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Sync: Backup and sync is not working with the Microsoft photo app. The problem is somewhat random in that it syncs unedited photos, but not the edited versions. (This problem does not go with any of the offered topics)....
  10. Auto backup and sync

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto backup and sync: HI everyone...I'm back again with a question. I have a new 2TB Portable Hard Drive. When I plug the drive into my computer I would like it to automatically synchronise with selected folders on my PC. Windows 10 does have a "backup" option but that appears to only offer...