Windows 10: Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc

Discus and support Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems that everytime I enter folders with a large amount of images it needs to reload the thumbnails which can take a while. If I let them all load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc

It seems that everytime I enter folders with a large amount of images it needs to reload the thumbnails which can take a while. If I let them all load then come back the thumbnails will be loaded. But if I go back in a few days the same loading will happen. Nevertheless if I go to a totally new image folder I'll have to load the thumbnails again.

Is there somehow a way or a program to scan my pc "autogenerate" the thumbnails of all images it finds and cache them? So that when I view a folder it will load all the thumbnails instantly? Thanks

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Mar 12, 2017

2. Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache "Updated"

Over a week now and all is still good. How wonderful. Thumbnails have not been deleted since doing the "disabling Auto Run" for Thumbnail cache at the 2 locations in the registry.

Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc [​IMG]

seahawks65, Mar 12, 2017
  3. Customised folder pics reverting back to default?

This could be many reasons.

If you are just putting files into a folder and the folder shows thumbnail preview and then later is show default folder image

then it is probably because Windows 10 deletes your thumbnail cache when it reaches about 500MB.

You can in the properties>Customize

use a photo (jpg etc) to display that folder view

you can select an icon and use that for folder display

Note Icons and thumbnails are different and have separate caches to store them.

But you say it shows a thumbnail view and when putting in new item into that folder, the folder view goes back to default view.

That is a bit odd if the case

Maybe rebuild your thumb nail and icon caches

download and run tool, it works good

Thumbnail and Icon Cache Rebuilder for Windows 10

and disable auto deleting of your thumbnail cache. and increase icon cache

Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache "Updated"

Usually your folder will show 2 items on the thumbnail and usually after adding more items into that folder, the view will not change

go into folder options>view tab and make sure the first box is unchecked. Apply - Apply to folders - OK

seahawks65, Mar 12, 2017
  4. Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc

Are you using Disk Cleanup and/or a System Cleaner (like CCleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.)?
    If yes, check that it isn't set to clean "thumbnails".

lehnerus2000, Mar 12, 2017
  5. Nope, I stopped using those a while ago.

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc

1. Auto-cache thumbnails of all images on pc - Similar Threads - Auto cache thumbnails

2. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  3. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  4. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  5. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  6. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?: when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is that I can see the original image on my computer by opening the file, but there is no way to see it on IOS onedrive...
  8. Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache: "Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 - How to Stop Windows Auto Deleting the Thumbnail Cache" Updated June 2018 "Revised" I will first explain in a nut shell what I have did in this order to stop the thumbnail cache from being deleted. But, it might be possible to just take...
  9. Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache: Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache As most everyone knows, Windows 10 version, Microsoft is automatically deleting your thumbnail cache when it reaches about 500MB to 700Mb in size. This has made many thousands of people including myself IRATE loading all my...
  10. After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting

in Windows 10 Support
    After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting: After this second Creators Update (Creators Update 2), the thumbnail cache keeps deleting itself and having to rebuild after I wake it up from sleep mode, or just after a few hours of PC use (like maybe about 4 to 5 hours). Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks for...