Windows 10: Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...

Discus and support Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I do not want to hide my task bar. All I can find are issues about it not hiding. I go into the task bar properties and turn off Auto Hide, but after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Jul 12, 2016.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...

I do not want to hide my task bar. All I can find are issues about it not hiding. I go into the task bar properties and turn off Auto Hide, but after a while it is back on again.

Any suggestions?

:)

56Kruiser, Jul 12, 2016
  2. stimuli Win User

Taskbar stopped appearing on top of windows

I turned off auto hide and restarted the computer and then turned auto hide back on but the taskbar is still behind other windows.

I then created a test account as you suggested and the taskbar on that account seems to be behaving properly. On the test account I unlocked the taskbar and turned on auto hide and the taskbar raises up in front of other windows when I move the cursor to
    the bottom of the screen. I do not know why it is not doing that on my main account with the same settings. =(

stimuli, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Taskbar isnt hiding

The windows 10 taskbar wont (Frustratingly) hide when I do anything fullscreen related. For example, In youtube it goes fullscreen, but the taskbar wont hide. Same thing with games or anything fullscreen related. one example of "Anything fullscreen related"
    is a common steam game : Unturned. the taskbar wont hide during fullscreen mode. Also, Please do not suggest auto-hide. auto-hide is as cancerous as the problem itself, In my opinion.

AndyLimaVZ, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello 56Kruiser, *Smile

Do you have any 3rd party tweaking programs installed that may be overriding and changing this back?

For now, you might see if changing the setting manually in the registry using OPTION TWO in the tutorial below may have it stick for you.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 13, 2016
  5. 56Kruiser Win User
    Hi Brink

I appreciate your suggestion and time. I finally sat down long enough to give this a try.

I don't have any tweaking software (that I'm aware of) installed. I tried the option 2 as suggested, and upon reboot it did not help. Interestingly, I checked the registry, and it is still set to 03 (It was 02), but the taskbar was still hiding.

But, I again manually changed it on properties for the task bar, put it to sleep, woke it back up...and it is working. If that changes I will post back.

I really appreciate the help.

56Kruiser, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's great news so far. *Smile

Brink, Jul 30, 2016
  7. 56Kruiser Win User
    Well, today when I woke the computer, the registry setting was back to 02, and the task bar was hidden.

56Kruiser, Jul 31, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 31, 2016
  9. 56Kruiser Win User
    Just checked to be sure...no, it's not in tablelt mode. JFYI...I am experiencing this on an ASUS laptop, non-touch display.

56Kruiser, Jul 31, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I must admit that I'm not sure why auto-hide keeps getting turned back on. Does turning it off again still work?

Brink, Jul 31, 2016
  11. 56Kruiser Win User
    Yes, turn off still works.

Is pretty strange.

...strange for sure. Just did another reboot, and auto hide is off. I have no confidence it will stay off. I'll keep the thread updated.

I'm going to scrutinize the startup programs and see if I can find anything strange there.

56Kruiser, Jul 31, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It'll be interesting to find out what is causing it to do that.

Brink, Jul 31, 2016
  13. 56Kruiser Win User

Still a problem. But I do have another tidbit of information: It only happens when the computer goes into sleep mode. If I shut down, and restart, it does not happen.

56Kruiser, Aug 8, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 8, 2016
  15. 56Kruiser Win User
    56Kruiser, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on... - Similar Threads - Auto Hide Taskbar

2. Auto-Hide taskbar turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-Hide taskbar turns itself on: After ticking off the box it just turns itself back on. How do I keep the taskbar not hidden? submitted by /u/Epiqur [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wckm92/autohide_taskbar_turns_itself_on/
  3. Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default: Hello,Whenever I restart my computer, the taskbar setting to "Automatically hide the taskbar" resets and defaults to off, and requires manually turning it back on. It is quite frustrating. I have looked for an answer but have not found one that was referring to Windows 11 and...
  4. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: Split from this thread.I am having the opposite problem. I have turned off the auto-hide feature of the taskbar SEVERAL times. Every time the computer goes to sleep or reboots, the function turns itself back on in the settings....
  5. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: Split from this thread.I am having the opposite problem. I have turned off the auto-hide feature of the taskbar SEVERAL times. Every time the computer goes to sleep or reboots, the function turns itself back on in the settings....
  6. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to be away from the computer for a while before it will happen, and I believe it has something to do with me running dual...
  7. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to be away from the computer for a while before it will happen, and I believe it has something to do with me running dual...
  8. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  9. Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.: I noticed that while I'm playing minecraft or I'm on any other window, my task bar is still up, even when auto-hide is enabled. Can someone help me? 70207
  10. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto hide taskbar turning off

2. taskbar keeps hiding itself