Windows 10: Auto Import photos in Windows 10 - Need help!!

Discus and support Auto Import photos in Windows 10 - Need help!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I've been looking everywhere for a fix but unable to find. In Windows 7, i used to set autoplay to import photos upon detection of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smart, Oct 13, 2016.

1. smart Win User

Auto Import photos in Windows 10 - Need help!!

Hi All,

I've been looking everywhere for a fix but unable to find.

In Windows 7, i used to set autoplay to import photos upon detection of memory card and set import settings for photos accordingly ie. i set photos to tag on import, not rotate, erase from memory card once finished and also set default upload directory. Basically, as soon as i plugged in my device, Windows 7 would automatically detect photos in memory card of said camera, upload photos according to my preferences and all this was done silently no user interaction.

Auto Import photos in Windows 10 - Need help!! [​IMG]

Now with Windows 10, i can right click on the camera once detected and click import photos and videos which gives me the option to set tag/photo upload directory/rotate pictures on or off/etc etc as i used to do with Windows 7 (same windows as above)....and then i click on autoplay settings and set to import photos.

When i turn off and on the camera once i made the changes above, the autoplay uses the new windows photo app to try and upload photos, not the settings i specified earlier or the old auto app handler in windows 7, so it is not working properly or silenty??

Anyone have a fix for this?

:)

smart, Oct 13, 2016

2. cannot upload camera or camcorder pics & videos

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re unable to import photos and videos after upgrading to Windows 10.

This could be due to incorrect Auto play settings. I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Plug in the Camera.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your Camera Device, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    You may refer to the article “Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD” for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 13, 2016
  3. change default Import preference for windows 10

How do I change the default photo import preference in windows 10? I have light room 5 and have disabled the auto import, but when I install a memory card it still does an auto import to light room. I would like to choose the location for importing from
    a memory card.

GarlandBroussard, Oct 13, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. What is the camera as a lot have their own software which can import to your requirements and the software is free

Samuria, Oct 13, 2016
  5. smart Win User
    Thank You,

Unfourtunately the business has several different models and normally we used to just use the default windows handler for auto import of photos to set directory which worked fine...until Windows 10. I need to implement auto import again.

Basically i want to stop Windows 10 from using the Windows Photo app to import my photos, and instead let the old handler import them automatically.

smart, Oct 13, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    The simple task of auto importing photos is difficult to configure in newer versions of Windows - see http://www.eightforums.com/software-...matically.html

I now either cut and paste photos from my camera memory card to the photo folder I want or copy photos via WiFi from the camera which imports them into a standard import folder from where I copy them to where I want.

Steve C, Oct 13, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
Thema:

1. Auto Import photos in Windows 10 - Need help!! - Similar Threads - Auto Import photos

2. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  3. Importing photos - does not auto create folder now

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos - does not auto create folder now: Hi, when i used to import photos - windows auto created a dated folder, that was great and saved me lots of time. Now it doesn't and its a nightmare and takes a very long time. As a surveyor we are importing 100's of photos a week. Can it be rectified please ? Urgently!...
  4. Windows 10 photos import procedure?

Windows 10 photos import procedure?: Recently I have used Win 10 to import my pics from my Android S9 phone. In the past, Photo would see my phone an I could direct it to save the photos to my E:/ drive and it would create a folder for each day the pictures were taken. The folder name would be 2020-12-15....
  5. Windows 10 not importing photos

Windows 10 not importing photos: Hi, I downloaded photos from a Canon Nexus yesterday to my laptop windows 10 using the same USB port I use to download photos from my iphone 7. Today when I tried downloading photos from the Iphone having connected it via USB cable I am repeatedly getting the message...
  6. I Need Help with Windows 10 Auto Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Need Help with Windows 10 Auto Login: [ATTACH] I hate using passwords to login everytime so I always change it to auto login when I boot my computer up. The problem is that I'm currently using the top user account ( The user account with the Basquait painting), but when I boot up my computer, it tries to login...
  7. Importing photo setting for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photo setting for windows 10: Recently, I can not import my pictures from my camera . I m running windows 10 and wondering if some setting is preventing the import. When I connect my camera the window pops up but then freezes preventing me from choosing to import and then disappears. What is preventing me...
  8. Windows photo importer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows photo importer: I used to be able to plug an SD card into my computer, the importer would pop up, and in one click I would ask it to import my photos and videos while deleting them off the SD card when finished. Now, for some reason the importer won't remember my settings to delete the...
  9. Alternative software to auto-import photos from phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alternative software to auto-import photos from phone?: The Photos app is annoying the hell out of me. Constantly crashes, slow as hell, and now, at each import session it keeps throwing a list of garbage from my phone up and calling them photos (they're not), and I have to uncheck them all each time. So, does anyone know a bit...
  10. need help disabling windows 10 auto repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    need help disabling windows 10 auto repair: I know I can disable it using command prompt but ive locked down my drive so I cant use that way is there anyway to disable auto repair using a registry editor please help *Sad 99854