Windows 10: Auto login then switch user

Discus and support Auto login then switch user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Firebird5150, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Auto login then switch user

Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would load. I do not remember how I achieved this on 7 and wish to be able to do this since I have moved to Windows 10. Any help us greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Firebird5150, Mar 27, 2016
  2. odennehy Win User

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Thanks for the quick response. I am not locked out; I am able to login, and can change passwords. At this point my questions are:

Is it reasonable to switch back and forth between local login and MS login, or is it intended to you pick one and stay with it?

Is it intended that after switching to a local login, the ability to auto-login (by setting in netplzwix) no longer works?

When the laptop booted, it created a user directory with "rdenn" .. a mutilated 5 character version of my email name. And it also seems to have chosen that for my (only; admin) account user name. Is that associated with my MS login account, or my local login?
    If the former, why does switching to local login change it? If the latter, how can one hope to switch back to MS login without correcting that (which is what I had to do via netplwiz to untangled things).

odennehy, Mar 27, 2016
  3. garywlaw Win User
    Win 10 auto login

I have updated to win 10 and would like to use auto login . There are 3 different users in our household for this pc. I tried the "control userpasswords2" with no luck even though it says auto logon. Every time I switch to a different user a password must
    be entered. We never had this issue with win 7. Any fixes?

garywlaw, Mar 27, 2016
  4. Auto login then switch user

Hello Firebird5150 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

I haven't been running anything with a lan or other form of wake up method but perhaps what I use on both 10 as well as 7 and even on VMs to connect desktops back and forth as well as see VMs and a new 10 laptop connect remotely could prove to be a help there. Without spending on a commercial license you can use the Team Viewer program for the substitute of the usual remote access function seen in Windows.

Once the remote pc is woken up you would then simply connect to it by way of the TV program where you can switch from one account to another even when having the hidden built in system administrator account enabled. The process would be a fast logout of one and sign in to the other. That would mean having to re-enter the next account's password being the only inconvenience.

With 10 as well as with 7 the main account still requires a password there for the autologon option. The guide you will need to look over is seen in the 10F tutorial section. Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup - Windows 10 Forums

That's one I still have to go over here since between desktops and vms I get too busy signing in at times! *Eek*Biggrin I'm quite sure you are also looking to cut that time down a bit as well. The TV program will get timed out after any lengthy period of inactivity however since you are accessing one to the TV servers to see this type of connection work. Each machine connects to each other by way of the server.

Night Hawk, Mar 27, 2016
Thema:

Auto login then switch user

1. Auto login then switch user - Similar Threads - Auto login switch

2. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  3. I can’t login and switch users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login and switch users: I have problem that I can’t login to my user it’s says The user profile Service service failed the sign in The user profile cannot be loaded. but I don’t care much about this user account what brings me here that I don’t have access to my other user account there must be a...
  4. I can’t login and switch users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t login and switch users: I have problem that I can’t login to my user it’s says The user profile Service service failed the sign in The user profile cannot be loaded. but I don’t care much about this user account what brings me here that I don’t have access to my other user account there must be a...
  5. Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward: Hi everyone,I need to when turn on my PC by wake on LAN a or turn it on by bios timer on Windows 10 or 11 it Automatically longing to my specified User Account and Then lock for security reason need to run softwares that have no service mode. as i am not physically Present to...
  6. Auto Login from User Selection

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login from User Selection: Hi I have 5 users setup on my Windows 10 machine. All have a PIN and are required to log in using this. I shutdown my machine each day Power -> Shutdown. But when I start up my machine and it sits at the lock screen. It will Play the last YouTube video or NetFlix preview...
  7. User switching / login not possibe

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User switching / login not possibe: After following this in order to try fixing other problems, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-to-restore-default-security-permissions/ab58f918-da72-42c0-ba71-161d52b73d46 I can no longer see my other users on the system....
  8. Issue with users switching on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...
  9. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  10. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch user auto login

2. how to auto login then auto switch user

3. switch user and auto login problem