Windows 10: auto login

Discus and support auto login in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 3, 2014.

1. auto login

Where are the settings for auto login ?

I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required.

:)

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 3, 2014

2. Windows 10 automatic login issues.

I am using Win 10. I was using auto login but now I get 2 options of login and message that says wrong password so I have to login manually. How can I get back to auto login and I have tried the normal way to auto login

Original Title: login

Malcolm Rowland, Oct 3, 2014
  3. Can't get rid of Automatic Log In from 8.1 after upgrading to Windows 10

I had an auto login in set up on my computer in 8.1. When I had my computer upgraded to Windows 10, the auto login carried over. It worked fine until I needed to change my password. Now it tries the old auto login first and the I have to put in the
    new password. How can I get rid of the old auto login?

MOGoatGirl, Oct 3, 2014
  4. Dude Win User
  5. Thank's Doug, I gave it a try but don't get this box:

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 3, 2014
  6. Tews Win User
    From the start bar enter "netplwiz" and follow the prompts ... easy peasy *Nerd

Tews, Oct 3, 2014
  7. Maybe easy for you. Of course not easy for me, I get this and nothing else:

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 4, 2014
  8. BRU
    bru Win User

auto login

Uncheck "Users must enter..." and hit OK. It will ask you to confirm your password and from then on you will have automatic sign in. I think that's what you are asking for.

I got there by entering "control userpasswords2" from an elevated Command Prompt.

9. Dude Win User
    Yep, you have to uncheck that, then enter your stuff and your good

Dude, Oct 4, 2014
  10. Well pass the dunce hat.

I did not see the check box until now. Plus I kept leaving the password entry blank.
    Now after entering passwords it works as it should.

I kept looking at the tutorial and knew I was missing something I could not see, right in front of me.

Thank's everyone.

auto login [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 4, 2014
  11. AddRAM Win User
    Ya, I don`t like how it makes you put in a password during the install, but easily fixed *Wink

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  12. Tews Win User
    This is one of the first things that I do on a new install. Im the only one that uses this puter so there's no real need for a password.. *Tongue

13. AddRAM Win User

auto login

Yep, passwords are useless.

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  14. LittleJay Win User
    Agreed. I'm the only person to use this computer, so I always leave the password blank when I create my user account.

LittleJay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

auto login

1. auto login - Similar Threads - auto login

2. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...: Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So...
  3. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...: Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So...
  4. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz: So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling...
  6. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz: So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling...
  7. How to setup auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup auto login?: Hello, I've tried adjusting the registry and changing the sign in options to never require a password to log in. But in netplwiz I can't get the check box "user must better a user name and password to use this computer" to pop up. I only have one admin account logged created...
  8. Auto login stuck on welcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login stuck on welcome: Help i used cmd to activate administrator account but when I signed in it started setup process then when it was finally done my desktop was flashing black/grey and so was Taskbar I couldn't click on anything. Now when I boot it auto signs into administrator but gets stuck at...
  9. Auto login stuck on welcome

Auto login stuck on welcome: Help i used cmd to activate administrator account but when I signed in it started setup process then when it was finally done my desktop was flashing black/grey and so was Taskbar I couldn't click on anything. Now when I boot it auto signs into administrator but gets stuck at...
  10. Auto login stuck on welcome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging