Windows 10: Auto logoff in a timeframe.

Discus and support Auto logoff in a timeframe. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know how to block out time the pc can't be used in earlier Windows versions, but I don't see how in WIN10. Is it still possible? How? Thanks. 51874 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alant, May 30, 2016.

1. alant Win User

Auto logoff in a timeframe.

I know how to block out time the pc can't be used in earlier Windows versions, but I don't see how in WIN10. Is it still possible? How? Thanks.

:)

alant, May 30, 2016
  2. jones1941 Win User

How do I set auto logoff to specific time after idle?

How do I set auto logoff time after system idle on Windows 10?

Moved from Insider

jones1941, May 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Auto Logon

The Kiosk machines are a member of a Domain, we are using domain group policy to enforce the auto logon. We ahve used the same method for Win8.1 and there were no issues bypassing autologon - provided you hold shift for the duration of the logoff.

This PC is imaged with Win10 Creators Edition.

Iain Gilmour, May 30, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, May 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Auto logoff in a timeframe. - Similar Threads - Auto logoff timeframe

2. Logoff with Vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logoff with Vista: I have a problem with Vista. It will not logoff properly, so I must shut the power to get my laptop to close. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logoff-with-vista/30f52efa-0a6f-4eab-8b77-fe1d0fe9c4cd
  3. Logoff with Vista

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logoff with Vista: I have a problem with Vista. It will not logoff properly, so I must shut the power to get my laptop to close. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logoff-with-vista/30f52efa-0a6f-4eab-8b77-fe1d0fe9c4cd
  4. Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff: I have installed Win 11 TWICE. I ran into a strange issue that I couldn't resolve on both occasions. I am not tech ignorant. The issue:After I log in to my desktop, within about 30 seconds, regardless of activity using the computer or not, it will log me off, presenting a...
  5. Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff: I have installed Win 11 TWICE. I ran into a strange issue that I couldn't resolve on both occasions. I am not tech ignorant. The issue:After I log in to my desktop, within about 30 seconds, regardless of activity using the computer or not, it will log me off, presenting a...
  6. 1909 Freezing on Logoff?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1909 Freezing on Logoff?: Anyone else having issues lately with 1909 freezing on logoff? We have all domain joined computers and, in the past couple weeks, we've had 3 lockup during logoff. They sometimes can still be pinged, sometimes not. All systems have the latest KB's installed. Just curious if...
  7. windows 10 auto logoff

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 auto logoff: How do I turn this feature off. Under power settings I have the screen set to turn off at 2 hours. I have used this setting forever and when I return and move the mouse it comes back on. Now all of the sudden it is logging out. Screen saver is set to none....
  8. Auto-LogOff

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-LogOff: I need a solution either for server 2016&2019 or for Windows 10. That will force a logoff after a user has been inactive for 6 hours. Some specifics; 1. I don't care about their data or if they have saved their work. They need to be logged off after 6hrs. 2. The auto...
  9. Auto logoff time is too short

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto logoff time is too short: My laptop is too quick to shut off windows; I can't afford to waste time logging on with password every time I turn away to check paperwork. I estimate it closes after only maybe two minutes though I haven'[t timed it. I'd prefer it kept the screen I'm using open for at...
  10. How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge: I can't seem to find a setting that will either clear my Edge cookies or do whatever is necessary to log my Google account out when I close the Edge browser. As much as I prefer my family not go through my stuff, I don't want to see theirs after they're done using the...