Windows 10: auto re sizing of windows boxes

Discus and support auto re sizing of windows boxes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok so when I click on the top of a window to drag it to where I want it a ghost box appears. then when I let go of mouse button it resizes and moves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chappy, Oct 5, 2016.

1. chappy Win User

auto re sizing of windows boxes

ok so when I click on the top of a window to drag it to where I want it a ghost box appears. then when I let go of mouse button it resizes and moves the box that I have positioned to some where else. I have turned off the snap function yet this auto resizing is really annoying now.

how can I turn it off?

:)

chappy, Oct 5, 2016
  2. Fawad_Ali Win User

Unable to arrange folder icons and desktop icons and unable to re size them

I have unchecked auto arrange icons' box but still with refreshing my PC, the icons automatically rearranged themselves. Also with restart their size are automatically changed to medium. Similar is the case with folder icons size. I changed their size,
    but it was automatically re changed when I revisited the same location. Restarting did not solve the problem. Kindly tell someone, how can I fix?

Fawad_Ali, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Auto re sizing and moving icons after shut down1

Same problem here.

In a new profile the problem persists.

Pease give a solution

AlbertoLois, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

auto re sizing of windows boxes

1. auto re sizing of windows boxes - Similar Threads - auto sizing boxes

2. Win 10 re-sizing open window.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 re-sizing open window.: How do I stop Win 10 from moving and re-sizing windows when I return to them? I have tried unchecking the options in "multitasking" but it has no effect. This was a simple annoyance at first but I have lost all humor for it now....
  3. WIndows suggested re-sizing feature

WIndows suggested re-sizing feature: Dear Sirs, I first encountered this feature on my first windows 7 machine and found a way to turn it off (over 4 years ago). I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and the feature re-enabled itself. Every time I grab a title bar on any window, three small auto-size suggestion...
  4. SNAP windows using Windows key BUT NOT auto-size

SNAP windows using Windows key BUT NOT auto-size: Hi folks, I really like being able to click on a window and WIN-arrow it to right, top, left or bottom of the screen, but I want to TURN OFF the auto-enlarge to maximum size when I drag a window near to the edge of the display space. This auto-resize almost always blows the...
  5. Calculator not re-sizing properly

Calculator not re-sizing properly: Hi all, My calculator does not resize correctly when I drag the edges, I would like to expand the calculator box so my history of previous calculations I've just done is more easily readable. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  6. drop down auto fill boxes

drop down auto fill boxes: due to living in multiple places and having multiple people use the computer there are numerous names, addresses, email addresses, cities and zip codes in these autofill boxes....how do i permanately delete the ones already there and stop new ones from being saved...
  7. re-size problem in Windows 10

re-size problem in Windows 10: When I want to resize a windows in windows 10 and select the resize button (upper right), nothing happens. when I try Alt-S, the Size selection is grayed out. Why? How do I resize windows?...
  8. Re-sizing photos

Re-sizing photos: On my old W7 pc I always found it quick and easy to reduce photos etc for emailing; all I had to do was right click on the photo or document, then click on Re-size. There was a choice of reductions. How can I do this in W10? Thanks in anticipation. 79608
  9. Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows: More interesting is how to shrink it of course. Both increasing and decreasing disk size are covered in the VirtualBox documentation though thankfully. 41032
  10. Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Message Boxes Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Message Boxes in Windows 10 A message box is a predefined dialog box that displays application-related information to the user. Message boxes are also used to request information from the...