Windows 10: auto re sizing of windows boxes

Discus and support auto re sizing of windows boxes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok so when I click on the top of a window to drag it to where I want it a ghost box appears. then when I let go of mouse button it resizes and moves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chappy, Oct 5, 2016.

1. chappy Win User

auto re sizing of windows boxes

ok so when I click on the top of a window to drag it to where I want it a ghost box appears. then when I let go of mouse button it resizes and moves the box that I have positioned to some where else. I have turned off the snap function yet this auto resizing is really annoying now.

how can I turn it off?

:)

chappy, Oct 5, 2016
  2. Fawad_Ali Win User

Unable to arrange folder icons and desktop icons and unable to re size them

I have unchecked auto arrange icons' box but still with refreshing my PC, the icons automatically rearranged themselves. Also with restart their size are automatically changed to medium. Similar is the case with folder icons size. I changed their size,
    but it was automatically re changed when I revisited the same location. Restarting did not solve the problem. Kindly tell someone, how can I fix?

Fawad_Ali, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Auto re sizing and moving icons after shut down1

Same problem here.

In a new profile the problem persists.

Pease give a solution

AlbertoLois, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

auto re sizing of windows boxes

1. auto re sizing of windows boxes - Similar Threads - auto sizing boxes

2. Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.: HelloHave looked through many questions. I just had my work computer upgraded to Windows 11. When I open a file, either through Word, Excel, etc., or use Windows Explorer, or try to insert a photo -- the dialogue box that pops up with the files in them is usually far too...
  3. Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.: HelloHave looked through many questions. I just had my work computer upgraded to Windows 11. When I open a file, either through Word, Excel, etc., or use Windows Explorer, or try to insert a photo -- the dialogue box that pops up with the files in them is usually far too...
  4. Windows 10 Auto Re-direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Auto Re-direct: I purchased an HP laptop for a child. I have parental software installed that prevents the browser from opening unknown websites. I had an older laptop that had no issues with the software. Firefox is the browser being used.The new laptop keeps going to other IP addresses...
  5. Windows RE tools partition size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows RE tools partition size: How do I increase the size of my "Windows RE tools" partition? My Acronis disk backup is failing due to it not having enough free space 320 MB needed. If I open the Disk Management tool, that partition does not show up....
  6. Re: stopping windows auto update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re: stopping windows auto update: It took a lot of work to get to this point. and I would like to share it. This is on a Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop, OS Win 10 Home 32bit. This is what I did to keep the Windows auto updates in Win 10 Home 32bit from updating. I can't totally stop Windows from letting me...
  7. Re: stopping windows auto update

in Windows 10 Support
    Re: stopping windows auto update: It took a lot of work to get to this point. and I would like to share it. This is on a Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop, OS Win 10 Home 32bit. This is what I did to keep the Windows auto updates in Win 10 Home 32bit from updating. I can't totally stop Windows from letting me...
  8. WIndows suggested re-sizing feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows suggested re-sizing feature: Dear Sirs, I first encountered this feature on my first windows 7 machine and found a way to turn it off (over 4 years ago). I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and the feature re-enabled itself. Every time I grab a title bar on any window, three small auto-size suggestion...
  9. re-size problem in Windows 10

re-size problem in Windows 10: When I want to resize a windows in windows 10 and select the resize button (upper right), nothing happens. when I try Alt-S, the Size selection is grayed out. Why? How do I resize windows?...
  10. Re-sizing photos

Re-sizing photos: On my old W7 pc I always found it quick and easy to reduce photos etc for emailing; all I had to do was right click on the photo or document, then click on Re-size. There was a choice of reductions. How can I do this in W10? Thanks in anticipation. 79608