Windows 10: Auto rotate and g force

Discus and support Auto rotate and g force in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Installed widows 10 when I did a full reset and now of course these items no longer work. Has there been any fixes its got tobe software becsuse thry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by marvinb, Oct 6, 2015.

1. marvinb Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Installed widows 10 when I did a full reset and now of course these items no longer work. Has there been any fixes its got tobe software becsuse thry worked fine before. Thanks

:)

marvinb, Oct 6, 2015
  2. iyoungone Win User

nokia x auto rotation

For Nokia X with auto rotation problem.

Install Adaptive Rotation Lock - Installed complete - open - setting

chose Force Auto...auto rotate absolutely worked !!!

:w00t:

iyoungone, Oct 6, 2015
  3. DTab Win User
    Auto Rotate-Windows 10

I have an Asus Vivo Tab Note 8 with this same issue. Auto rotate will work for a while after a reboot, but after a few hours or a day, auto rotate stops working.

When it stops - and this next part is important - there are no options in windows to get it going again. The auto rotate icon, if it exists at all, will be grayed out.

In the display settings menu, the option to enable auto rotate does not exist. It just isn't there.

On the other hand, when auto rotate works, both above options exist - including in display settings a checkbox to enable auto rotate.

So, for what its worth, suggesting to 'tap the icon to enable rotate' or to 'check the box to enable rotate in display settings' does not resolve the issue. The issue is that we lose the ability to even select auto rotate.

Now, even when auto rotate is gone, from display settings I can still force the display to either portrait or landscape mode. However, what we really want is for auto rotate to work properly, just like it did in Windows 8.1

Hope this helps clarify the issue we are having.

DTab, Oct 6, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

• Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    • Click the Start
      Auto rotate and g force [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Display.
    • Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  5. marvinb Win User
    I dont have that option in settings. I go to settings and the display is in the sysyem folder and it doesn't have that option. This is a flexx11 that had win 8.1 did the upgrade about 5 weeks ago and everything was fine. Keyboard started messing up and cust support had me do a reset. During that time it installed a very different win 10 than the converted one. When using it for games it doesnt respond to turning either, figure it's connected. Thanks

marvinb, Oct 6, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  7. marvinb Win User
    Yes I have done the other suggestion and I can control tablet mode, still wont auto rotate. Your correct that it did work before the windows 10 update I have reistalled it twice with no change.

marvinb, Oct 6, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

See if you see this option

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected.

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  9. marvinb Win User
    Its the driver I got a new one from the manufacturer and it works, but now it rotates the wrong way, currently doing another reset. Any help with the reg change for rotation would be appreciated.

marvinb, Oct 6, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Which driver, display ? What do you mean exactly, reg change, registry edit ?

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  11. marvinb Win User
    Ive seen some talk about the reg edit and remapping . The driver was the sensor driver

marvinb, Oct 6, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Not familiar with any reg edits for this, far as i read about remapping is done with keyboards, so not sure of these further fixes.
    So rotation works but going in wrong direction ?

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  13. marvinb Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Ive got the info for the change and will be trying it later.

marvinb, Oct 6, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Before doing any regedit, make a system restore point manually or backup registry in regedit save it to a flash drive.

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  15. marvinb Win User
    Well ive installed the latest drivers and niw ive got the screen lock back but the sreen now rotates backwards, turn clockwise it rotates clockwise making it upside down in portrait. Can anybody help?

marvinb, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Auto rotate and g force

1. Auto rotate and g force - Similar Threads - Auto rotate force

2. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  3. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  4. Photos auto rotating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  5. g force not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    g force not installing: when I start my g force experience I get this 0x0003 error code so I go to Nvidia to download drivers but when I do this it doesn't finish so I try to uninstall GeForce experience it won't uninstall need help...
  6. auto rotation

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  7. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  8. auto rotate

auto rotate: Why is there no allow auto rotate option since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotate/52cf6afa-33d4-4455-8d47-1a2f6cb56a0f
  9. auto-rotating

auto-rotating: How can I make my windows tablet auto rotate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotating/ee898242-2b27-45e9-b96e-d3578554f0cd
  10. Auto rotation

Auto rotation: How do I turn off auto rotation it is grayed out on my windows 10 HP laptop after the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotation/190acc45-cb33-4bd6-b924-a814b18fe08d