Windows 10: Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

Discus and support Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your desktop, OneDrive or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

How to: Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your desktop, OneDrive or This PC by default.

This tutorial will show you how to auto save your desktop to either OneDrive or This PC for your account in Windows 10.

Warning This tutorial is no longer valid starting with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

See the new method in the tutorial below instead now:

*Arrow Turn On or Off Documents, Pictures, and Desktop Folder Protection with OneDrive in Windows 10

Here's How:

1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area, click/tap on the menu (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If OneDrive is currently not running to show this icon, then run: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

2. Click/tap on the Auto save tab, choose to save Desktop to either OneDrive or This PC only, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

There is one issue with this. After turning this on, the Documents and Picture shortcuts in Code:
    Code:
    This PC/Navigation Pane
    leads to Code:
    Code:
    OneDrive/Documents
    or Code:
    Code:
    OneDrive/Pictures.
    But when you turn this off i.e. when you change it to This PC again. The link doesn't change back to Code:
    Code:
    %Userprofile%/Documents.
    It still points to Code:
    Code:
    OneDrive/Documents
    Plus, turning this off also messed up with auto screenshot save.

The screenshot above was saved in Code:
    Code:
    %Userprofile%/Pictures
    instead of Code:
    Code:
    OneDrive/Pictures
    . The whole system is messed up completely. @Brink Please give a fix. I have tired registry at Code:
    Code:
    HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/MyComputer
    but modifying it doesn't help.

AnubhavArun, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    How to make MY PC mine?

There are options to have these below to autosave to OneDrive or "This PC".

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Auto Save Desktop

2. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  3. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  4. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?: I need these files to be on my computer as opposed to one drive, but it seems to automatically save it to one drive and I can't do anything about it. There must be a way to turn this off but I don't know how to do it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/fruitbowl99 [link]...
  6. Getting office to auto save locally and on onedrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Getting office to auto save locally and on onedrive: Ive used onedrive for quite some time now, but ive never used the sync feature before. - instead manually transferring files from my local drive. Every time I save (no just save as) an office doc I want it to 1: Save locally and 2: to onedrive. This should be simple but I...
  7. Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10: How to: Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC by default. This tutorial will show you how to auto save your Pictures in Quick access to either OneDrive or This PC for...
  8. Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10: How to: Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC by default. This tutorial will show you how to auto save your Documents in Quick access to either OneDrive or This PC for...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can select to automatically save screenshots you capture pressing the PrtScn, Alt+PrtScn,...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos from Devices to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever you...