Windows 10: Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

Discus and support Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AnubhavArun, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

How to: Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC by default.

This tutorial will show you how to auto save your Documents in Quick access to either OneDrive or This PC for your account in Windows 10.

Warning This tutorial is no longer valid starting with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

See the new method in the tutorial below instead now:

*Arrow Turn On or Off Documents, Pictures, and Desktop Folder Protection with OneDrive in Windows 10

EXAMPLE: Documents in Quick access

Here's How:

1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area, click/tap on the menu (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If OneDrive is currently not running to show this icon, then run: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

2. Click/tap on the Auto save tab, choose to save Documents to either OneDrive or This PC only, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AnubhavArun, Feb 20, 2016
  2. Taffy087 Win User

Is it RIP for My Documents in Win10? edit: Adding saved Docs to Win10

"And why is OneDrive involved in this process?"

Thanks Brink at tenforums
    FOR THIS ANSWER

Taffy087, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    OneDrive grabbing your documents when you save them?

Here's the answer from
    Brink at tenforums

Taffy087, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

Well @Brinks, thanks to your post at this Link:: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post476134 . I was able to fix my Documents and Pictures Folder (I tired the bat file for both and viola its fixed). Kindly, include same as option two in this post as well. It will help lots of (busy)people and save them hurdle of searching internet. I was suffering from this problem from very long time.

AnubhavArun, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello @AnubhavArun, and welcome to Ten Forums. I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

1. Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Auto Save Documents

2. Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents: When I go to export a PNG to This PC -> Documents Inkscape is saving to OneDrive/Documents instead. I don't have OneDrive installed. I don't want to have anything to do with OneDrive. 174830
  3. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  4. Getting office to auto save locally and on onedrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Getting office to auto save locally and on onedrive: Ive used onedrive for quite some time now, but ive never used the sync feature before. - instead manually transferring files from my local drive. Every time I save (no just save as) an office doc I want it to 1: Save locally and 2: to onedrive. This should be simple but I...
  5. How to stop pages from auto save as documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop pages from auto save as documents: When I open a file or document online, it automatically wants to save it to a file. How do I change the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-stop-pages-from-auto-save-as-documents/0e2162f0-ec78-4898-9d22-7a7b008c8690
  6. Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10: How to: Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC by default. This tutorial will show you how to auto save your Pictures in Quick access to either OneDrive or This PC for...
  7. Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10: How to: Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your desktop, OneDrive or This PC by default. This tutorial will show you how to auto save your desktop to either OneDrive or This PC for your...
  8. Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can select to automatically save screenshots you capture pressing the PrtScn, Alt+PrtScn,...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos from Devices to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever you...
  10. No authority to save files to Documents, OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    No authority to save files to Documents, OneDrive: I initially posted about this problem a few days ago to a thread that seemed to be addressing a similar problem, but the OP decided to stop pursuing active solutions so the advice dried up. I am running Win10 build 10240 and ever since build 10166 I have lost authority to...