Windows 10: Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

Discus and support Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

How to: Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC by default.

This tutorial will show you how to auto save your Pictures in Quick access to either OneDrive or This PC for your account in Windows 10.

Warning This tutorial is no longer valid starting with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

See the new method in the tutorial below instead now:

*Arrow Turn On or Off Documents, Pictures, and Desktop Folder Protection with OneDrive in Windows 10

EXAMPLE: Pictures in Quick access

Here's How:

1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area, click/tap on the menu (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If OneDrive is currently not running to show this icon, then run: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

2. Click/tap on the Auto save tab, choose to save Pictures to either OneDrive or This PC only, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 20, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

There is one issue with this. After turning this on, the Documents and Picture shortcuts in Code:
    Code:
    This PC/Navigation Pane
    leads to Code:
    Code:
    OneDrive/Documents
    or Code:
    Code:
    OneDrive/Pictures.
    But when you turn this off i.e. when you change it to This PC again. The link doesn't change back to Code:
    Code:
    %Userprofile%/Documents.
    It still points to Code:
    Code:
    OneDrive/Documents
    Plus, turning this off also messed up with auto screenshot save.

The screenshot above was saved in Code:
    Code:
    %Userprofile%/Pictures
    instead of Code:
    Code:
    OneDrive/Pictures
    . The whole system is messed up completely. @Brink Please give a fix. I have tired registry at Code:
    Code:
    HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/MyComputer
    but modifying it doesn't help.

AnubhavArun, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

Hello Arthur, and welcome to Ten Forums. Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 :)

Q1) I'm not aware of way to change it to save the screenshot as a .jpg instead of .png. If you like, you could open the .png in Paint (mspaint.exe) then save it as a .jpg. Of course this is not practical if you have too many to do.

Q2) Win+Prtscn would save to OneDrive instead of This PC if you used the setting in the tutorial below to set your pictures to automatically be saved to OneDrive.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

1. Auto Save Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Auto Save Pictures

2. Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location: Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue I have. I got a new pc with windows 11 on it. The issue I have is some how the save location for my pictures folder have more, with me asking to do so. it is now @ c:\user\username\OneDrive\PicturesIf I try and move the...
  3. pictures saved from iphone to onedrive and pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures saved from iphone to onedrive and pc: My iphone pictures get saved to icloud as heic. I want them also on OneDrive so I can access them on my PC. Ideal would be to save them to onecloud then download and translate to jpeg on my pc....
  4. pictures saved from iphone to onedrive and pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures saved from iphone to onedrive and pc: My iphone pictures get saved to icloud as heic. I want them also on OneDrive so I can access them on my PC. Ideal would be to save them to onecloud then download and translate to jpeg on my pc....
  5. saved pictures on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saved pictures on my pc: I used to be able to see the pictures I had saved but now it just shows a file so I don't know wot is behind the file unless I open all files separate. is there any way to display the pic again instead of the file?...
  6. Getting office to auto save locally and on onedrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Getting office to auto save locally and on onedrive: Ive used onedrive for quite some time now, but ive never used the sync feature before. - instead manually transferring files from my local drive. Every time I save (no just save as) an office doc I want it to 1: Save locally and 2: to onedrive. This should be simple but I...
  7. Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10: How to: Auto Save Desktop to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your desktop, OneDrive or This PC by default. This tutorial will show you how to auto save your desktop to either OneDrive or This PC for your...
  8. Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10: How to: Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC by default. This tutorial will show you how to auto save your Documents in Quick access to either OneDrive or This PC for...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can select to automatically save screenshots you capture pressing the PrtScn, Alt+PrtScn,...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos from Devices to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever you...