Windows 10: Auto update hangs about halfway through

Discus and support Auto update hangs about halfway through in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The latest auto update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496) almost hangs at 45%. At 45%, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Roger2362, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Roger2362 Win User

Auto update hangs about halfway through

The latest auto update

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496)

almost hangs at 45%.

At 45%, the download speed slows to about 1 MB per minute, and going from one page to the next page takes takes about a minute too. Firefox current version.

Help!

:)

Roger2362, Sep 30, 2016
  2. Kosh---01 Win User

Disconnected halfway through update

Hi matt__,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

From what you are describing it sound like the update was interrupted while it was actually in progress instead of writing to the device. In that case I suggest you visit a Nokia Care Point where they will be able to rewrite the firmware. This will however
    overwrite everything on the device so all your personal data and apps will be lost.

When finished you will get your contacts and calendar events back when you log into the respective accounts (like your LiveID). You will be able to get your apps back using the app

Reinstaller
    . With paid apps, just select 'buy' again and Marketplace will know you paid before and allow a re-install.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Kosh---01, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Disconnected halfway through update

Hi all,

Halfway through latest software update, usb cable was kicked and process interrupted. Now if I turn the phone on it just shows the not connected by usb picture, and if I try and connect to usb it just vibrates, attempts to connect and repeats with nothing
    on the phone screen (an no response from pc or zune). How do I fix this issue without losing any of my data on the phone?

Matt

matt__---01, Sep 30, 2016
Thema:

Auto update hangs about halfway through

1. Auto update hangs about halfway through - Similar Threads - Auto update hangs

2. Notification sounds start halfway through or not at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification sounds start halfway through or not at all: I am a chat representative and have multiple tabs open at any given point. Because of this, it is imperative that I hear notification sounds from my chats to efficiently do my job. I am constantly running into an issue that the notification sound does not play at all, or will...
  3. Notification sounds start halfway through or not at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification sounds start halfway through or not at all: I am a chat representative and have multiple tabs open at any given point. Because of this, it is imperative that I hear notification sounds from my chats to efficiently do my job. I am constantly running into an issue that the notification sound does not play at all, or will...
  4. Windows 10, update STOPS halfway through installation THEN uninstalls the update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, update STOPS halfway through installation THEN uninstalls the update: Windows 10, update STOPS halfway through installation THEN uninstalls the update...HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-stops-halfway-through/0de35e88-d3de-4f61-b097-59f67f707d70
  5. Windows 10, update STOPS halfway through installation THEN uninstalls the update

Windows 10, update STOPS halfway through installation THEN uninstalls the update: Windows 10, update STOPS halfway through installation THEN uninstalls the update...HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-stops-halfway-through/0de35e88-d3de-4f61-b097-59f67f707d70
  6. Windows 10, update STOPS halfway through installation THEN uninstalls the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. OS Migration stopped halfway through

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS Migration stopped halfway through: Hello,My friend was doing OS Migration from HDD to SSD but stopped halfway throughthis resulted on the creation of system reserved E and the disappearance of the SSD in the devices and printers accessed from "this pc"How can my friend fix this? Do they just format it?Thanks...
  8. OS Migration stopped halfway through

OS Migration stopped halfway through: Hello,My friend was doing OS Migration from HDD to SSD but stopped halfway throughthis resulted on the creation of system reserved E and the disappearance of the SSD in the devices and printers accessed from "this pc"How can my friend fix this? Do they just format it?Thanks...
  9. About the auto updation of windows 10

About the auto updation of windows 10: Last week.. Am doing some thesis work on pc.. Some files are stored in the drive D that are waiting to be burned...suddenly windows 10 starts to auto updation. It takes around 2 and half hour. After that files that is temporary stored in the D drive is vanished.. Is it...
  10. Windows doesn't update, halfway through goes to a black screen that says 'Undoing Changes...

Windows doesn't update, halfway through goes to a black screen that says 'Undoing Changes...: I'm using an Asus ROG GL552VW that I bought in 2014, the updates were working fine until the 2018 update 1803 where this issue occurred, and I waited for the next update to fix it 1903 it was the same issue. I tried few solutions that I saw on the community, I cleared the...