Windows 10: Auto Updates over a dialup connection

Discus and support Auto Updates over a dialup connection in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My sister lives back in the hills and does not have access to broadband. The best that she can have (and does have) is dialup. When she visits me, she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tron, Sep 13, 2015.

1. tron Win User

Auto Updates over a dialup connection

My sister lives back in the hills and does not have access to broadband. The best that she can have (and does have) is dialup. When she visits me, she will bring her computer and update Windows using my broadband connection. If she upgrades to Windows 10 Home, how is she suppose to get auto updates over a dialup phone line? The auto updates can be large and she would have to keep the dialup connection going for days. Is Microsoft forcing dialup users to remain on older Window versions?

:)

2. Pro Comm Plus / dail up software

Back in the days...windows mobile 2003 I used to use dialup to get into various systems that I worked on at verizon. At that time I just setup a dialup connection then used telnet software to control whatever I needed to control. As for telnet/ssh software
    I use mtoken, it's not free and may be a little more than what you need but it's worth checking out. I'll look further into the cellular dialup and see if I can find some step by steps. I know some cellular carrires ditched dialup over their network.

Eric Hicks, Sep 13, 2015
  3. sysway Win User
    NSU Error Message

hello mikeal i will check on dialup i found the problem main reason is speed if u update on dialup the start download in few second the file auto stop downloading without error only broadband net dsl update the nsu online if u have lan cable and the speed
    is slow 1kbs 2kbs i think is bad to update upgrate u net speed then download nsu Auto Updates over a dialup connection :)

sysway, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Elisha Win User

Hey tron I just upgraded to windows 10 and have the exact same question. I know this is an old thread but did you get an answer ?

Elisha, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Auto Updates over a dialup connection - Similar Threads - Auto Updates dialup

2. Disable auto-connect of microphone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable auto-connect of microphone?: So I've been trying to use my Jaybird X3s and now X4s with my home computer. Every time I go on and pair the earphones the first time it works just fine without the microphone playing back to the sound. But then I turn them off and put them away and when I come back and turn...
  3. Dialup Modem connection problem With windows update server in Windows 10 version 1809 build...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dialup Modem connection problem With windows update server in Windows 10 version 1809 build...: Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after install Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.1/17763.55/17763.104 even in (Now Re-released version) 17763.134 , But it was working fine before upgrading to 1809. In all version of windows 10 upto 1803, it was...
  4. Problem with connecting over Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with connecting over Bluetooth: I didn’t manage to connect to a controller using Bluetooth. I detected the wireless controller and answered “allow” to the question if I would like to pair to the Windows device. After that the device shut down and disconnected the PC. It is a loop. I use Dual Shock PS4...
  5. Auto connect to open network

Auto connect to open network: Hi, A couple of minutes after connecting to my home network, windows WI-FI automatically disconnects and connects to an open network in the region. I must disconnect it manually and reconnect to my home network every couple of minutes. How can I solve this problem? I am...
  6. AU and auto Update problem in metered wifi connection.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AU and auto Update problem in metered wifi connection.: I have read update problem under metered connection is solved in AU. I having 14393.105. Still in my metered wifi connection, it shows automatically "Downloading updates 0%" and hangs when I go to updates section of settings. 62879
  7. Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection

Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection: I have 3 windows 10 1703 machines on a Metered connection, however windows update just installed KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413) on each of them over the last 2 days why? Metered connection is set to "ON". Any advise would be appreciated. 86875
  8. How to update Windows 10 over metered connection?

How to update Windows 10 over metered connection?: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I've had it a week and notice that no updates have yet been downloaded - all the available updates are marked 'Waiting for download'. I use a mobile broadband dongle and I am limited to 10 GB data a month. My understanding is that Windows...
  9. Wifi not connecting auto anymore.

Wifi not connecting auto anymore.: The wifi was connecting automatically without problem before. Now every time i shut down the laptop and turn it on later it will not connect automatically. This is not the case if it is a reset done only. I tried "forgetting" the network and creating it again, but it did...
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop auto update using dial up connection