Windows 10: Auto Updates over a dialup connection

Discus and support Auto Updates over a dialup connection in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My sister lives back in the hills and does not have access to broadband. The best that she can have (and does have) is dialup. When she visits me, she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tron, Sep 13, 2015.

1. tron Win User

Auto Updates over a dialup connection

My sister lives back in the hills and does not have access to broadband. The best that she can have (and does have) is dialup. When she visits me, she will bring her computer and update Windows using my broadband connection. If she upgrades to Windows 10 Home, how is she suppose to get auto updates over a dialup phone line? The auto updates can be large and she would have to keep the dialup connection going for days. Is Microsoft forcing dialup users to remain on older Window versions?

:)

2. Pro Comm Plus / dail up software

Back in the days...windows mobile 2003 I used to use dialup to get into various systems that I worked on at verizon. At that time I just setup a dialup connection then used telnet software to control whatever I needed to control. As for telnet/ssh software
    I use mtoken, it's not free and may be a little more than what you need but it's worth checking out. I'll look further into the cellular dialup and see if I can find some step by steps. I know some cellular carrires ditched dialup over their network.

Eric Hicks, Sep 13, 2015
  3. sysway Win User
    NSU Error Message

hello mikeal i will check on dialup i found the problem main reason is speed if u update on dialup the start download in few second the file auto stop downloading without error only broadband net dsl update the nsu online if u have lan cable and the speed
    is slow 1kbs 2kbs i think is bad to update upgrate u net speed then download nsu Auto Updates over a dialup connection :)

sysway, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Elisha Win User

Hey tron I just upgraded to windows 10 and have the exact same question. I know this is an old thread but did you get an answer ?

Elisha, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Auto Updates over a dialup connection - Similar Threads - Auto Updates dialup

2. download updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download updates over metered connection: hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered connection. Yet, when I checked under advance options, the option to turn on metered connection is not on. How to get the...
  3. download updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download updates over metered connection: hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered connection. Yet, when I checked under advance options, the option to turn on metered connection is not on. How to get the...
  4. windows 10 - Internet - dialup connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 - Internet - dialup connection: 2021 July 12thHas anyone been able to setup a dialup connection in windows 10???I have used 3 different usb modems and two windows 10 pc's.the dialup connections starts the call, connects, but no traffic flows thru the connection....
  5. Windows 10 auto update stucks at 72% over and over again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 auto update stucks at 72% over and over again: My windows update stops on 72 % https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-update-stucks-at-72-over-and-over/e72aa301-6f04-42f2-86a9-402a211ea5ad
  6. Windows 10 dialup connection

Windows 10 dialup connection: Have PC with Windows 10 OS and Zoom modem 3095, recommended by my dialup ISP. Can't connect to my dialup ISP, system goes through dial, authorization/connect steps, gives error 720. Modem saayys working properly but additional installation needed. What's problem, please? Jack...
  7. Windows 10 dialup

Windows 10 dialup: Have new PC with Windows 10 and recommended Zoom 3095 modem but cannot connect to BasicIsp dialup account or other dialups. ISP's do authentication and connect steps, then give error 720. Basicisp support is no help but it connects fine on my old Vista PC. Tried numerous...
  8. Broadband connection dialup

Broadband connection dialup: Hi. Where does Windows store the network configuration? I'm particularly interested in the configuration of the broadband 'dialup' connection. It does work properly but i would like to know the phone number it calls when i access the net. It is not required to enter the...
  9. Dialup Modem connection problem With windows update server in Windows 10 version 1809 build...

Dialup Modem connection problem With windows update server in Windows 10 version 1809 build...: Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after install Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.1/17763.55/17763.104 even in (Now Re-released version) 17763.134 , But it was working fine before upgrading to 1809. In all version of windows 10 upto 1803, it was...
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop auto update using dial up connection