Windows 10: AutoLogon not working in domain environment

Discus and support AutoLogon not working in domain environment in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a strange problem with AutoLogon in our domain environment: we have several machines that are configured for autologon, where the registry... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jrothstein, Apr 17, 2018.

1. AutoLogon not working in domain environment

I have a strange problem with AutoLogon in our domain environment:

we have several machines that are configured for autologon, where the registry entries DefaultUsername, DefaultPassword, DefaultDomainName are all verified as having the correct data, and AutoAdminLogon is set to a value of '1'....

...but the machine does not autologon to that account, but instead shows the LOCK SCREEN for the account, and it is asking for email address instead of username, like it is not in a domain environment.

This occurs whether we run the Autologon.exe application, or manually configure the registry.

My guess is there is something else amiss, like a security setting, because everything I am reading says autologon itself is configured properly.

Has anyone experienced this? Do you know where I should start looking?

----------------------------------------------
    Windows 10 Enterprise, build 1709

:)

jrothstein, Apr 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 Auto Logon

The Kiosk machines are a member of a Domain, we are using domain group policy to enforce the auto logon. We ahve used the same method for Win8.1 and there were no issues bypassing autologon - provided you hold shift for the duration of the logoff.

This PC is imaged with Win10 Creators Edition.

Iain Gilmour, Apr 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Auto Logon

We have used a GPO to deploy the autologon.

The GPO was originally deployed to Win8.1 terminals and on those terminals i can by pass it to log in as an administrator as detailed above in my original post. When applied to Win10ce the autologon works perfectly.

My issue is that i am unable to bypass the autologon to log in as an admin user without editing the registry to turn auto logon off.

Iain Gilmour, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

AutoLogon not working in domain environment

1. AutoLogon not working in domain environment - Similar Threads - AutoLogon working domain

2. Windows Defender Application Guard doesn't work properly in domain environment .Hangs and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Application Guard doesn't work properly in domain environment .Hangs and...: I am trying to reduce attack surfaces via browsers by activating WADG -> Edge Chromium Sandbox Mode. I tested this on a standalone without enterprise configurations and it worked perfectly. I also tried to activate and test it on Clients in the enterprise - domain environment...
  3. Windows Defender Application Guard doesn't work properly in domain environment .Hangs and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Application Guard doesn't work properly in domain environment .Hangs and...: I am trying to reduce attack surfaces via browsers by activating WADG -> Edge Chromium Sandbox Mode. I tested this on a standalone without enterprise configurations and it worked perfectly. I also tried to activate and test it on Clients in the enterprise - domain environment...
  4. Windows Defender Application Guard doesn't work properly in domain environment .Hangs and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. IIS: autologon from current domain user work on name but on IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS: autologon from current domain user work on name but on IP: Then I try to access my intranet website hosted on IIS server via name : http://mywebsite I am automatically logged on with my current user Domain. That's what I want!If I try to access the website through IP :http://123.12.1.100 I receive a login request.If I save the login...
  6. IIS: autologon from current domain user work on name but on IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IIS: autologon from current domain user work on name but on IP: Then I try to access my intranet website hosted on IIS server via name : http://mywebsite I am automatically logged on with my current user Domain. That's what I want!If I try to access the website through IP :http://123.12.1.100 I receive a login request.If I save the login...
  7. Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment?: Hi I'm on a domain and I just want to share my publish docs folder. I can't access due to the error that basically says "it isn't even shared" -> "Windows cannot access \\pastrami\public\Documents" What else do I need to enable or configured for this to work? If its too...
  8. Delaying Windows Updates on Domain Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delaying Windows Updates on Domain Environment: I am a tech at a small business. I am trying to get windows to DL and update during non-work hours. I have specified the hours, but windows will sometimes DL the updates, and sometimes will only check for them. Even after it has DLed the updates, it never installs them...
  9. Autologon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Autologon: How to make autologon work in Windows 10 (I have version 1903) with a Microsoft account? Is it even possible? I can make it work with a local account, but not with an MS account....
  10. Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709: Hi, Its been a while we trying to resolve an issue with Autologon on Windows 10. We set registry values as recommended by MS to get Autologon done for domain user. Issue is after a reboot of machine autoadminlogon reaches to value 0 and never login . Also default password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 autologon domain not work

2. autologon with domain dont work

3. autologon domain email address or phone number