Windows 10: Automated Uploading to OneDrive Deltes Original Files on C: Drive

Discus and support Automated Uploading to OneDrive Deltes Original Files on C: Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. This has happened to me twice now. Apparently, when OneDrive, which is installed on my PC, decides to upload my Documents & Pictures into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RadCazz, Nov 9, 2017.

1. RadCazz Win User

Automated Uploading to OneDrive Deltes Original Files on C: Drive

Hello. This has happened to me twice now. Apparently, when OneDrive, which is installed on my PC, decides to upload my Documents & Pictures into Micorsoft's 'Cloud' the original files located on my C: Drive no longer exist (deleted?)!

Why does this happen?

The first time, I simply copied and pasted my files from my backup, external USB drive D:, back onto C:.

But then it happened again!

I could be wrong, but I noticed that when OneDrive is uploading/synching (as shown in the icon on Taskbar) this is when it seems to be happening.

Could this be correct?

:)

RadCazz, Nov 9, 2017
  2. VincentB. Win User

Back up external drive

Hello,

I have a regular use of OneDrive, for my Office documents and other but I'd like to save a folder that contains my pictures on an external drive. So is it possible to keep the OneDrive folder on C:, but upload and sync a folder on the external drive everytime
    it is connected ?

Thanks

[Moved from: OneDrive / Working with files and folders on OneDrive / Using external drives / OneDrive in Windows 10]

VincentB., Nov 9, 2017
  3. HOMEGROUP PROBLEM IN WINDOWS 10

"Like you said you do in backing up the desktop on One Drive, that still is not an automated process to update the file of your desktop, correct? You have to manually upload a newer desktop to one drive, correct?"

Nope it's totally automated.

OneDrive isn't "really" a backup solution in the traditional sense. I use it as part of my backup and strategy for never losing anything, but I don't "periodically back up my desktop to the OneDrive folder", but rather my desktop is actually inside
    my OneDrive folder
    . So anything I put on my desktop, is already instantly stored in OneDrive. They aren't two separate places, and I don't move or copy files from one to the other: they literally are one and the same thing. Neat eh?

And since I did this on all my computers, any file I dump on my desktop on one computer, shows up on all my other computer desktops too within a few seconds, without me having to do a thing.

Automated Uploading to OneDrive Deltes Original Files on C: Drive [​IMG]

And even better still: the files inside the OneDrive folder are not "links to files" or shortcuts, they truly are the files. So for example, even if you unplugged your Internet or the OneDrive service got shutdown or unavailable, all your files are still
    in your hard drive's folder.

(Okay there is an option to turn them into links to save space, but that's not the default and is jus an option they make for people who have tablets or small hard drives).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 9, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

You need to check your One Drive settings. One Drive is a active program that will look at what is in the Cloud Folder and remove them. If you want to keep the files, place them on a USB drive for backup or in a separate folder.

bro67, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Automated Uploading to OneDrive Deltes Original Files on C: Drive - Similar Threads - Automated Uploading OneDrive

2. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  3. Problem with files uploading on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with files uploading on OneDrive: My OneDrive will not upload anything in the last week or so. Every file that needs to be uploaded Adobe files, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc total about 20 files. When I click a link for more information on why the files will not upload, it says: "LibreOffice 6.2.Ink, No access...
  4. Problem with files uploading on OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with files uploading on OneDrive: My OneDrive will not upload anything in the last week or so. Every file that needs to be uploaded Adobe files, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc total about 20 files. When I click a link for more information on why the files will not upload, it says: "LibreOffice 6.2.Ink, No access...
  5. Problem with files uploading on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Onedrive Uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  7. Is it safe to delte Temp files?

Is it safe to delte Temp files?: Is it safe to delte these files in Windows>Temp?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delte-temp-files/41149233-a37b-4cd9-a03b-532a1af8d831
  8. OneDrive Not Uploading Files

OneDrive Not Uploading Files: I synced or whateve OneDrive to my PC. It does not add a single one of my files. I did this a week ago. There is a Document folder with all my folder names underneath and NOT ONE SINGLE FILE in any of the folders! I need super-easy explanation of how to make OneDrive work. I...
  9. Uploading files from external drive to OneDrive

Uploading files from external drive to OneDrive: I have about 200 GB of files on an external hard drive I want to upload to Onedrive. I can't just copy them to my OneDrive folder as I don't have the room on my main hard drive. Ideally I don't want to do it through a browser as when files are uploaded in such large batches...
  10. OneDrive settings for file uploads

OneDrive settings for file uploads: One drive eats up my internet data completely while uploading my files to cloud how can i set settings so it ask for my permissions before uploading files Or i can set size limit on the files to be uploaded....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive sync and every file deltes

2. automated archive folder to onedrive