Windows 10: automatic background downloads running?

Discus and support automatic background downloads running? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pralay, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Pralay Win User

automatic background downloads running?

i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file automatically which i can monitor on NetMeterEvo, and these automatic downloads r taking all of my bandwidth traffic and i dont understand wat i should do. i tried the following tryouts for solving my problem which did not help atall

1: i turned off my automatic windows update even form dos
    2: I went to SERVICES and turned off my BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service).and disabled it but everytime i reboot my lapy it gets turned on.
    3: even when i turn BITS off the bg downloads dont stop then i had to download TCPview to monitor my traffic

TCPView for Windows
    but still idk wats going on my windows is downloading some random bulk files in background . how do i stop BITs permanently ?

:)

Pralay, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Inner Workings?

Unfortunately no, it will download automatically in the background.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
  3. How to let Windows 10 perform all updates without prompts or popups?

Updates are downloaded in the background and automatically restarted by default, no intervention required.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

automatic background downloads running?

1. automatic background downloads running? - Similar Threads - automatic background downloads

2. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  3. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  4. Coinminers - Background running offline ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Coinminers - Background running offline ???: Hi there can these coinminers or whatever they are called run in the background even when you are offline. From what I gather these are algorithms so presumably there's a lot of mathematical stuff they can do without needing to be connected to the Internet. Is this true or...
  5. Apps running in Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps running in Background: HI, I'm new to Windows 10 and need some advice. Is it safe to turn off background apps or do I need some running? What about 'mixed reality viewer,' I don't know what it is? I do use MS Edge but do I need it running all the time. ? I like to keep my Gmail, Microsoft, outlook,...
  6. Virtual Desktop running in the background?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktop running in the background?: I know how to create virtual desktops and all in Windows 10, but is there any way to have them running in the background while I do other things? For instance I want a game to be running in fullscreen and a macro controlling the character on one desktop, while I do other...
  7. Does mail run in the background?

in Browsers and Email
    Does mail run in the background?: I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. I have three email accounts and was wondering if I 'X' out of the program if it runs in the background. I would rather not have it on my toolbar. Thank you in advance. 10353
  8. Background download constantly

Background download constantly: Hi, i'm new to this forum so what I want to ask might have been discussed here.. I just upgraded and clean installed my PC to win 10.so after i installed my LAN drivers it started downloading something.I thought it might have been the updates but when I checked the update...
  9. Background Downloading from Internet(?)

Background Downloading from Internet(?): I have a fairly new Dell Precision 3620 Work Station with an i5 processor that has a catastrophic problem trying to use the internet. I can use the internet at my DSL speed of .63 Mbps for about 1 minute after I turn on the computer then the speed drops to .06 Mbps. Not just...
  10. Program moves to background automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Program moves to background automatically: Hey, so I have had this problem from the start. It's a new computer, no upgrades. When I am in a program, Windows will automatically move that program to the background. It happens in different ways; --it's like an automatic alt-tab program switch --program is minimized...