Windows 10: automatic background downloads running?

Discus and support automatic background downloads running? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pralay, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Pralay Win User

automatic background downloads running?

i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file automatically which i can monitor on NetMeterEvo, and these automatic downloads r taking all of my bandwidth traffic and i dont understand wat i should do. i tried the following tryouts for solving my problem which did not help atall

1: i turned off my automatic windows update even form dos
    2: I went to SERVICES and turned off my BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service).and disabled it but everytime i reboot my lapy it gets turned on.
    3: even when i turn BITS off the bg downloads dont stop then i had to download TCPview to monitor my traffic

TCPView for Windows
    but still idk wats going on my windows is downloading some random bulk files in background . how do i stop BITs permanently ?

:)

Pralay, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Inner Workings?

Unfortunately no, it will download automatically in the background.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
  3. How to let Windows 10 perform all updates without prompts or popups?

Updates are downloaded in the background and automatically restarted by default, no intervention required.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

automatic background downloads running?

1. automatic background downloads running? - Similar Threads - automatic background downloads

2. Setup a python Project file as a automatically and background running application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a python Project file as a automatically and background running application.: Hello sir, I created a python AI program, I want to always run it whenever I start my pc, I know the settings>background apps settings but there are only limited apps, How I add my this program as running automatically and in background area ?...
  3. Setup a python Project file as a automatically and background running application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a python Project file as a automatically and background running application.: Hello sir, I created a python AI program, I want to always run it whenever I start my pc, I know the settings>background apps settings but there are only limited apps, How I add my this program as running automatically and in background area ?...
  4. Setup a python Project file as a automatically and background running application.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. background downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background downloads: i have data caps, so i have metered connection turned on for windows 10, but so far this month windows downloaded almost 10 gigs in the background, im assuming it was windows 11, since i have the this computer isnt compatible with windows 11 thing showing up on windows update...
  6. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  7. Skype just decides to download and run in the background?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype just decides to download and run in the background?: Hello, Today I peeked into my system tray and saw skype just hanging out, no warning, nothing. This is on a gaming rig, so I try to keep background processes from being too much. Luckily it had the courtesy to let me quit it, and also disable it on startup through Task...
  8. Background changes automatically

Background changes automatically: In background when picture changs either on time or on restart the following happens 1. Background: changes from slideshow to picture 2. Fit changes from Fit to Fill Following internet read advice I have tried A. Changing desktop from available to paused B....
  9. How to stop IdlingBuddy running in the background and starts automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop IdlingBuddy running in the background and starts automatically.: Says "action can't be completed because folder or a file in it is open in another program." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-idlingbuddy-running-in-the-background/777548bf-9698-4abd-a83f-8de5957cb812"
  10. downloading in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading in the background?: Hello. I keep seeing my gigs being used even though I am not doing anything on my computer. I have already done the following: 1. Shut off background apps 2. Turned off automatic download of apps 3. Turned off live tiles 4. Turned off automatic updates for my...