automatic background downloads running?

Discus and support automatic background downloads running? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pralay, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Pralay Win User

i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file automatically which i can monitor on NetMeterEvo, and these automatic downloads r taking all of my bandwidth traffic and i dont understand wat i should do. i tried the following tryouts for solving my problem which did not help atall

1: i turned off my automatic windows update even form dos
    2: I went to SERVICES and turned off my BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service).and disabled it but everytime i reboot my lapy it gets turned on.
    3: even when i turn BITS off the bg downloads dont stop then i had to download TCPview to monitor my traffic

TCPView for Windows
    but still idk wats going on my windows is downloading some random bulk files in background . how do i stop BITs permanently ?

:)

Pralay, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User

Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Inner Workings?

Unfortunately no, it will download automatically in the background.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    How to let Windows 10 perform all updates without prompts or popups?

Updates are downloaded in the background and automatically restarted by default, no intervention required.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. automatic background downloads running? - Similar Threads - automatic background downloads

2. How to get mouse running again ????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse running again ????: My machine aotumatic updated to 1803 17134.228 and it seems like it will NOT accept my USB ports ! I have my mouse in an USB !!!!!!!!!! Can you imaging install/troubleshoot with no mouse working ... mission imposible ! How can I get my mouse running again OR...
  3. Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...: Last night, I returned to my desk after going out for a meal, woke my machine from sleep with the intention of continuing to work where I'd left off, only to find that Windows had forced a restart after installing an update. The consequence of this was that although Edge...
  4. How to get mouse running again ????

How to get mouse running again ????: My machine aotumatic updated to 1803 17134.228 and it seems like it will NOT accept my USB ports ! I have my mouse in an USB !!!!!!!!!! Can you imaging install/troubleshoot with no mouse working ... mission imposible ! How can I get my mouse running again OR...
  5. Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session: Hi, Let's assume a PC accessing a UNC share (a NAS - \\MYNAS). The first time the NAS is accessed, the user must provide credentials for the share. OK. Now, I want this UNC share to be automatically disconnected when the user logs off, so that he has to reconnect when...
  6. how to download gpedit.msc

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to download gpedit.msc: I need it in order to disable getting Windows Updates automatically. I don't want them automatically because it has failed the last 2 attempts after hours of processing time....
  7. My computer internet speed is not downloading and uploading as fast as the plan I pay...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer internet speed is not downloading and uploading as fast as the plan I pay...: I have a Dell Latitude Laptop, running Windows 10, and for some reason, the internet plan I pay for, with download of 400Mbps and upload of 20Mbps is performing at "half" of that, at best. Sometimes only one-quarter of that speed. I have called Spectrum, and they are in...
  8. I can't run most of my programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run most of my programs: My computer was very slow and almost every program was crashing, so I decided to do chkdsk /f /r, I was getting very impatient so I resetted my computer and in 50% it said "There was a problem resetting your PC" so I restarted it, waited for chkdsk to finish, logged in to...
  9. Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow

Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Have used this page to use the download tool and chosen option 2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True Tried and aborted 3 times because of snails pace...
  10. (Fixed) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (Fixed) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it...: When I try to start some programs It shows this error [ATTACH] I have DirectX 12, Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 x64, and Windows 10....