Windows 10: Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi

Discus and support Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When my PC wakes up, the Wi-Fi connects automatically even though “Connect automatically when in range” is off. This happens even if the PC was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JLominac, Aug 20, 2018.

1. JLominac Win User

Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi

When my PC wakes up, the Wi-Fi connects automatically even though “Connect automatically when in range” is off. This happens even if the PC was disconnected from the Wi-Fi before it went into sleep mode. How can the automatic connection be stopped?

:)

JLominac, Aug 20, 2018
  2. jj2016 Win User

Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

Every time I started my computer, my wi-fi adapter would connect to the wi-fi network automatically. But now, I have to enter the password and connect manually every time I login to my computer. Even if I check "Connect Automatically" it doesn't help.

Tried the following, still isn't working.

Fix: Windows 10 will not connect to WIFI Automatically - Appuals.com

jj2016, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Amadeus51 Win User
    No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Aug 20, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Wi Fi

Hi Chris,

If your connection to a Wi-Fi network is being disconnected automatically, it could mean that the network adapter drivers are outdated, or the Wi-Fi profile doesn't match, etc. For us to assist you properly in your connection issue, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Does the issue happen when connecting only to the Wi-Fi from your work? Or, does it happen when connecting to a different network?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Automatic Connection

2. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  3. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  4. When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...: I have tried the following steps1- close , restart and reconnect2- SFC /scannow approach3- dism/online/clean-image/restorehealth approach4- chkdsk /f approachNothing works so far. Can you kindly help me out.Thank you very much....
  5. When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...

When ever I connect my External hard disc via USB port this error pops up and automatically...: I have tried the following steps1- close , restart and reconnect2- SFC /scannow approach3- dism/online/clean-image/restorehealth approach4- chkdsk /f approachNothing works so far. Can you kindly help me out.Thank you very much....
  6. i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...

i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...: i tried changing them back to normal headphones by going in printer and other devicies and unticking the hands freee tick option but when i untick it my headphones disconnect for a second then they reconnect now my headphones dont show as a audio device they just show as a...
  7. i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...: i tried changing them back to normal headphones by going in printer and other devicies and unticking the hands freee tick option but when i untick it my headphones disconnect for a second then they reconnect now my headphones dont show as a audio device they just show as a...
  8. AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth: Whenever I am using my Airpods Pro on my iPhone and I turn on my laptop, they automatically connect to my laptop. This is extremely frustrating as I have to then disconnect them from my laptop and then connect them to my iPhone again. How do I stop it from automatically...
  9. AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth

AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth: Whenever I am using my Airpods Pro on my iPhone and I turn on my laptop, they automatically connect to my laptop. This is extremely frustrating as I have to then disconnect them from my laptop and then connect them to my iPhone again. How do I stop it from automatically...
  10. Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN: Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-screenshot-not-taking-screenshots-while/d9b98a61-a037-4c8f-88a8-06a60c8ccc75