Windows 10: Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ?

Discus and support Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my desktop, whenever I restart my PC and sumtimes randomly out of nowhere the icon "All control Panel items" appears on my desktop.... Is anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Craige, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Craige Win User

Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ?

On my desktop, whenever I restart my PC and sumtimes randomly out of nowhere the icon "All control Panel items" appears on my desktop....

Is anybody else having this same issue ?
    How to solve this - as I cannot Right click and delete as there is no option as such....

PS: Using Windows 10 Pro with fresh Clean install.

Image of the icon below:

Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ? [​IMG]

:)

Craige, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Rakesh51 Win User

After creator version update, control panel gets hanged when opened and closes automatically after few seconds and desktop icons gets rearranged every time it happnes

Hi,

After creator version update, control panel gets hanged when opened and closes automatically after few seconds and desktop icons gets rearranged every time, control panel automatically closed.

I am using HP pavilion dv6 notebook and os Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

Please help.

Thanks

Rakesh

Rakesh51, Aug 20, 2015
  3. weird icon on list of programs on control panel

I tried to say I tried to paste it. here it is

Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ? [​IMG]

are these functions NOT working, or are they. BTW there are a LOT MORE like these

I was NOT trying to uninstall anything.

Robert

Robert1775, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Craig,

When this happens next, see if refreshing (F5) the desktop may clear it. *Smile

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Craige Win User
    Yup it did the trick !
    BTW, why this is appearing out of nowhere - Does it happen on everybodys PC ?

My virus scans are all clear - So it cant be tht OR is sumbody tryin to attack mah PC via sum backdoor as tht is a ghost command if I am right.

Craige, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. *Smile

It seems to be a glitch that happens for some, but mostly not though.

Others have the same issue, but with the Homegroup icon instead.

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Craige Win User
    Thx for clearing out my concern, so now tht everything is normal and a common problem I am relaxed..... Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ? :)
    Can u also help me here:
    IE Edge icon - Location pls ?

Craige, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I haven't found it yet either.

Brink, Aug 21, 2015
  9. cytherian Win User
    There's another scenario... if you create a VPN connection and then a shortcut to your desktop, the "All Control Panel Icons" shortcut appears. You can move it around anywhere, BUT, it won't go into Recycle Bin. F5 doesn't do the trick. In searching around, there appears to be other ways it will appear, often with creating shortcuts to the desktop, that triggers this icon to appear. It's a Windows 10 defect.

What you need to do is go into Settings --> Personalization --> Themes --> Desktop icon settings, then un-check "allow themes to change desktop icons." Clears it. Of course, this will disappoint someone who has multiple themes and different icons for each.

cytherian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ? - Similar Threads - Automatic Control Panel

2. Control Panel Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel Issues: I've been trying to edit my Windows 11 sounds to sound like XP for a long time now, but I've been stumped due to an issue I can't fix. The window which allows me to edit sounds is cropped way too much and I can't do anything about it. Any solutions to...
  3. Control Panel Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel Issues: I've been trying to edit my Windows 11 sounds to sound like XP for a long time now, but I've been stumped due to an issue I can't fix. The window which allows me to edit sounds is cropped way too much and I can't do anything about it. Any solutions to...
  4. Control Panel issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel issue: I've been having an issue with a Control Panel applet's name. As you can see in the snap shot, all the names are in English except the last one which is in Greek. It's a remnant of the first localized installation of Outlook mail client, after I uninstalled it and installed...
  5. Control Panel Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Icons: Hello, Could someone explain me I obtain these new icons in Control Panel. I've installed the French 2004 version updated June 2020 Build 19041.329 on two different machines. Fresh install after formatting the drive. One have these new icons, the other not. Many thanks for...
  6. desktop control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop control panel: I always liked the Control Panel on the desktop. With windows 10 we are denied that privilege. I found an easy way of putting it back where windows 7 had it. Go to the task bar and click on the ">>" Then look for control panel . Click on it and then click on do you want the...
  7. Desktop icons not showing up: Control panel, Network,

Desktop icons not showing up: Control panel, Network,: Just installed a fresh reset of Windows 10 and now Control Panel and Network icons are missing. Go to Start and they aren't there either. Big mistake installing a fresh version of Windows 10. Please help me find them. thanks....
  8. control panel issue

control panel issue: After start-up I receive a window stating reinstall Control Panel. I search on-line but have reluctant to use what I've seen on-line as solutions. This is the original W/10 version....
  9. Change Control Panel Icon

Change Control Panel Icon: Does anyone know how I can change the Control Panel icon? I have the Control Panel as a shortcut on my desktop. Can it be done with a reg key edit? Thanks 43982
  10. Desktop Icons/Text Bugged, Control Panel not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Text Bugged, Control Panel not working.: So after my computer randomly restarting itself my desktop items have gone crazy. The text is miniscule, the alignment is insane and the (for lack of a better word) hitboxes are whacked out like so: [img] And then I go to access my Control Panel, no luck. Doesn't...