Windows 10: automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled

Discus and support automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi On my laptop using Windows 10 with Edge browser or IE11 browser when I go to Hotmail (now Outlook mail) I must sign in....always. On My Windows 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ron3033, Apr 4, 2018.

1. ron3033 Win User

automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled

Hi
    On my laptop using Windows 10 with Edge browser or IE11 browser when I go to Hotmail (now Outlook mail) I must sign in....always.
    On My Windows 10 desktop using Edge browser when I select Hotmail (now Outlook mail) it automatically signs into my email. This is not good if others were to use my computer, they have acccess to my Hotmail email.
    How do I stop this automatic sign in from happening? I prefer to sign in every time like on my laptop. I have tried a few things with no luck.
    Help appreciated.

:)

ron3033, Apr 4, 2018
  2. SCSekaran Win User

Windows 10 Mail App not working with the Exchange Server

I have a working exchange account for the past two weeks.

1. I created a local account with administrative previlege and set up the mail account with my exchange mail account. I did not add my outlook(Hotmail) account. It asked me to change the login password into the windows account on next login(my original password
    was vey weak). I did that and not further issues. Unfortunately, I had to reset my surface pro as I opted in for insider preview fast update which was unstable

2. After resetting, I set up windows 10 installation from the beginning itself with a Local account. I setup exchange mail account first before outlook(Hotmail) account. Again it asked to change my windows login password on next boot/login. Then I setup
    my outlook(Hotmail) account and other accounts. So far I have not had no problems with my exchange mail account. I did develop similar problem with my outlook(Hotmail) account and I fixed it by disabling automatic time update(I found it by web search)

Likely to be a conflict between exchange mail account and activesync (subset of exchange server) exchange technology used by outlook(Hotmail) account which will be set automatically when you use Microsoft account to login.

So it seems local account( with windows administrator previleges) + setting up exchange mail account before outlook(Hotmail account) works so far (I am not a computer tech-my tech knowledge is very limited)

(Beware every time you set up Microsoft services such as onedrive, outlook mail, office, onenote, groove music, microsoft store, it will try to trick to convert the local account to Microsoft account. The option to stay in the local account will be at the
    bottom of the dialog box in a small size letters)

SCSekaran, Apr 4, 2018
  3. gmradel Win User
    No Outlook on Windows 8 Phone

My mail app on phone is Hotmail and shows a Hotmail tile. I want it to be Outlook.

I don't see an Outlook MS app available - just Outlook Free which has ads. A friend

got a new phone and the mail app is Outlook. Also the Hotmail app does not sync

very well. My phone is up to date - I would have thought it would have upgraded

Hotmail to Outlook automatically.

Thanks Mike

gmradel, Apr 4, 2018
  4. automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled

Hi Ron.

Is your password being saved by Edge. Three dots upper right, settings, Advance settings, Privacy and services, Manage Passwords.

Actually if I were you I would set up a Standard account for them to used. No admin rights and no access to your data or apps.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
  5. ron3033 Win User
    Hi Ken
    Thank You for the reply. I will try the three dots and look at manage passwords again... I may have missed something there.
    You mentioned this, "I were you I would set up a Standard account for them to used. No admin rights and no access to your data or apps."
    Could you give a heads up about what to do? for that suggestion Please.

Thanks

ron3033, Apr 5, 2018
  6. Sure.

Start => Settings => Accounts => Family and other people => Add

Watch MS will try to get you to use an MS account. Just say you don't have this person sign in information.

It will default to a standard account. If they are set up as standard they can't look at your stuff. You can test my signing in as this person.

When you are finish using PC and you are at your desktop you can ALT+F4 to get a menu. One option is sign out or switch user.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled

1. automatic login of Hotmail (Outlook mail) needs to be disabled - Similar Threads - automatic login Hotmail

2. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically login to Hotmail: On a new laptop I inadvertently checked to "not" log me in automatically to my outlook.live.com . I use a password manager and it fills in everything but I have to click a couple of screens now. How can I get back to the screen where I can correctly check "yes" to log me in...
  3. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically login to Hotmail: On a new laptop I inadvertently checked to "not" log me in automatically to my outlook.live.com . I use a password manager and it fills in everything but I have to click a couple of screens now. How can I get back to the screen where I can correctly check "yes" to log me in...
  4. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. outlook hotmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook hotmail: why do i have 2 inbox 2 sent 2 draft etc is there a way to fix this in my hotmail ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-hotmail/95c41955-1ac5-4668-a794-e242b9a7613c
  6. hotmail and Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail and Outlook: all my incoming mails from hotmail.com are going directly to trash. the same happens with my hotmail account set up in Outlook. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-and-outlook/d10b9d79-e209-493a-9cfd-f49f7e4cc08a"
  7. disable automatically logon to hotmail

disable automatically logon to hotmail: Hi I own a Windows 10 (1903) laptop. When I logon to Windows there seems to be what looks like a "Hotmail App" on the task bar (alongwith MS Edge etc). It is always already in login mode, there is no provision to logout, and when a new message arrives I receive a...
  8. Hotmail/Outlook

Hotmail/Outlook: I have Windows 10 and use Outlook as my email. Before Outlook I had a Hotmail email address and updated to Outlook when Microsoft said that Hotmail will no longer be used. I have been getting unwanted e-mails from my old Hotmail address. Is there any way I can delete my...
  9. Outlook & Hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook & Hotmail: Outlook Mail that I send to Hotmail.com is rejected. Any ideas Thanks 77094
  10. @hotmail or @outlook?

in Browsers and Email
    @hotmail or @outlook?: I have had a hotmail address for a very long time, does it make a difference if I use @Hotmail or @Outlook? 69931