Windows 10: Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am duel booting between Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro. While in Windows 10, some games such as Smite and Fortress-Forever(FF), my mouse will move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hagz, Dec 31, 2017.

1. hagz Win User

Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

I am duel booting between Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro. While in Windows 10, some games such as Smite and Fortress-Forever(FF), my mouse will move perfectly vertically or horizontally for about a half a second. This does not happen while moving mouse around in a browser or on the desktop. This is supposedly something that started happening to multiple people who play FF who are all on Windows 10 and some have said the issued cropped up after a recent Windows update.

Can anyone think of something that would be causing this? I have a legitimate version of Windows, no pirated software, and have all the latest drivers/updates.

Smite offers a 32bit and a 64bit version of their game and I haven't noticed the automatic mouse movements since playing the 64bit version. Perhaps it is a 32bit related issue...

Anyone else having similar issues or would like to help me troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks in advance!

:)

2. Cursor slow to respond

I've recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After the upgrade, I noticed that after pressing almost any key on the keyboard, the cursor freezes for approximately three seconds before responding. Responsiveness of clicks has not changed
    however, only movement.

RichmondLam, Dec 31, 2017
  3. steve_420 Win User
    Windows 10, Videos play slowly

Wife's computer: On windows 10 after doing a restore, videos still play slowly and mouse is erratic in its movement. When not on video mouse is Ok. Computer Dell Laptop

On my computer Windows 7 videos play normal. No problem with mouse. Computer Dell Desk Top

Restarted modem and routers nothing changed

Thanks for the help

Steve

steve_420, Dec 31, 2017
  4. Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Do you have any controllers plugged in? I find this happens sometimes when I have my PS3 or PS4 controller plugged into the PC.

SylenThunder, Dec 31, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    I started reading around on this too. Sometimes my pointer drifts off. I thought it may have do with my new USB laser mouse. I noticed it was in either my FCU or my Insider, but can't remember which. I'll be if it hasn't moved since the OP of this thread. LOL.

Anywho, some say it may be an outdated video driver.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Automatic Mouse Movement

2. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  3. no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7: Can someone please help me find out how to get my ethernet back> My computer also has wifi so I'm not completely disabled but after windows 7 to 10 upgrade I completely lost my ethernet connection and don't know how to get it back. thanks...
  4. Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7: One week ago I installed Windows 10 on my computer. I was upgrading from Windows 7. Not sure what happened but it is not working properly. I had a glitch during installation and think that may be the cause. Can I just revert back to Windows 7 and then install Windows 10...
  5. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  6. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  7. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  8. Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop: Hey guys. I'm honestly getting so annoyed with this. I have a laptop that I got about 1.5 years ago (HP), and recently every single mouse that I plug into the laptop seems to lag. By lag I mean when you drag it across the screen it will stop and stutter in places. My...
  9. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...
  10. PC not automatically booting up after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not automatically booting up after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: I had my PC set up through the BIOS settings to automatically boot up at certain times and days while running Windows 7. After the upgrade to 10, the PC doesn't boot up like before. I checked the BIOS settings, and they're still set up the same way so I'm not sure why the PC...