Windows 10: Automatic outlook startup

Discus and support Automatic outlook startup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running windows 10 Home, and having frequent issues with outlook. I never use it, and after some time it will automatically open it's setup to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hem981, Aug 10, 2015.

1. hem981 Win User

Automatic outlook startup

Hi,
    I'm running windows 10 Home, and having frequent issues with outlook. I never use it, and after some time it will automatically open it's setup to add email addresses.

Automatic outlook startup [​IMG]

Even if I cancel it, it will be okay for some time but will relaunch after some time again and again. Some times, I can hear an error or invalid click sound but no messages pop out. Sometimes, the screen turns upside down and you need to press Intel's assigned shortcut keys(Ctrl+Alt+Up) to reorient the screen to a usable state. I don't see anything suspicious running in the background. Can anyone, please help with this issue *Huh ?

:)

hem981, Aug 10, 2015
  2. MHSabq Win User

Outlook 2016 opens automatically when I startup?

Outlook 2016 opens automatically when I startup - how do I permanently disable this?

MHSabq, Aug 10, 2015
  3. OssieMac Win User
    High/100% Disk Usage on Win 10

I have been experiencing this problem for many months now. Periodically I would use Restart (not just Shut down) and the problem would go away but eventually return.

By accident I found out that if the computer is Shut down then when it is switched on again, any applications that were loaded prior to Shut down will automatically load after the computer is turned on. This meant that Office Outlook that I had in Startup does
    not really need to be in Startup so I took it out of the Startup.

After taking Outlook out of Startup about a month ago it does automatically load again when the computer is switched on and the excessive disk activity has not been apparent. I decided to see what occurs if I put it back in Startup and the problem returned.
    I removed it again and all appears OK again.

I am speculating that maybe it is going into an eternal loop because it cannot open 2 instances of Outlook (One automatically because it was loaded at Shut down and the other due to being in Startup).

When Restart is used, the previously loaded programs do not auto reload when the computer restarts and therefore if Outlook is in Startup, only one instance loads and that is possibly the reason that the problem would go away after the Restarts and it would
    return again after I Shut down and turned on again.

Note that I have said it is speculation but it appears to be working fine without Outlook in Startup.

OssieMac, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Automatic outlook startup

1. Automatic outlook startup - Similar Threads - Automatic outlook startup

2. Disable automatic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic startup: Whenever I try to play Roblox or Minecraft, Windows mixed reality and steamVR auto start and force the game into VR mode, Does anybody know how to stop this without physically disconnecting the headset?...
  3. Disable automatic startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable automatic startup: Whenever I try to play Roblox or Minecraft, Windows mixed reality and steamVR auto start and force the game into VR mode, Does anybody know how to stop this without physically disconnecting the headset?...
  4. outlook background changes automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook background changes automatically: I have an office 365 fmily account with 5 devices attached to it - whenever any of the user changes the outllook background to black it is affected to all the 5 devices how do i stop this...
  5. STARTUP AUTOMATIC REPAIR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STARTUP AUTOMATIC REPAIR: Hey guys I've been trying to fix my laptop these past few days. I've hit a Startup repair error and I've tried chkdsk, sfc, and dism. Please help me. I've already tried cmd prompt from a windows bootable usb media it doesn't work. I've also tried to install windows 10 over my...
  6. Outlook closes automatically.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook closes automatically.: Outlook closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-closes-automatically/dc5dca62-8303-4bb6-8fe9-d0edd8c9968b
  7. show clipboard in Outlook at Startup

show clipboard in Outlook at Startup: show clipboard in Windows 10 Outlook at startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-clipboard-in-outlook-at-startup/7901aec0-71e0-4b92-a276-4de6beb22b9a
  8. Outlook Appearing on Startup But Not showing in Task Manager - Startup

Outlook Appearing on Startup But Not showing in Task Manager - Startup: I'm trying to remove Outlook from opening whenever I sign-in to my computer. I have tried to go through msconfig > Startup and it redirects me to Task Manager. Outlook, or Office in general, doesn't show in the Startup section of Task Manager. This is really frustrating...
  9. Automatic startup repair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic startup repair: When i open my pc it shows automatic repair and automatic repair is not working how can i get out of that. It just keeps restarting and does nothing else please heop me and startup repair is also not working...
  10. Skype won't startup automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype won't startup automatically: I've looked over the internet kind of but none of the answers worked. I've been trying to find a way so my skype will startup automatically but I couldn't. So hopefully I find the answer here. Sincerely, Jeff Tiki...