Windows 10: Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall

Discus and support Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So my friend's PC just started doing this today. He went to search for something in his computer and got the error "Cortana has encountered a critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by zatchaaron, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall

So my friend's PC just started doing this today. He went to search for something in his computer and got the error "Cortana has encountered a critical error". His PC then restarted and now is in the automatic repair loop. He cannot reinstall...
    When he goes to tries to Keep his files error: "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."

Reset this PC error: "There was a problem resetting your PC."

At this point he doesn't really care whether or not he can keep his files or not he just wants the PC to work. Also this is not a PC that natively runs Win10 he upgraded from 8.1 (not sure if it matters).

I thought I would come post here because anytime I've had issues I get stumped on the guys at sevenforums were always very helpful so any advice at all would be appreciated!

Thanks

:)

zatchaaron, Aug 26, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

Automatic repair loop and can't reinstall windows 10

When you said you tried to reinstall Windows, are you attempting a clean installation? If so, it appears to be a hardware failure. Contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards.

John Ado, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Automatic repair loop and can't reinstall windows 10

I tried what you said, maybe even 10 times, but the advance setup didn't appear. What appeared was still the "preparing automatic repair" screen.

BunnyBoo126, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Nogs Win User

Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall

I'm in the same boat. I've tried several things, but they didn't work. Check to see if your boot order in your bios is your hard drive or windows boot manager.

It seems that my master boot record doesn't show up. My problem started with opening chrome and lots of Facebook tabs which then locked my computer up and crashes to black screen then the loop process.

Thankfully I have a back up of my win7 install and will be doing the upgrade dance over.

Thema:

Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall

1. Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair Loop

2. Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop: Can i put windows on my ssd? Or do i have to put it on the drive i had it on before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-after-automatic-repair-loop/adefbb97-dd3c-4c0f-9cb8-ef2c98abbebf
  3. Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop: Can i put windows on my ssd? Or do i have to put it on the drive i had it on before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-after-automatic-repair-loop/adefbb97-dd3c-4c0f-9cb8-ef2c98abbebf
  4. Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop: When I turn my laptop on it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and goes black. Then it turns off. I've looked for some solutions but none match my problem. Thank you : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-loop/83cc9400-b3a9-4b51-a99c-f0510ad80dff
  6. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop: Hi, I'm currently experiencing this automatic repair loop, I already tried restarting and watched videos of how to fix it but none of them works, I stumbled upon a video where you use command prompt but in my case, I couldn't use it because it needs me to sigj in, I forgot to...
  7. Automatic Repair Loop, Cannot Startup PC

Automatic Repair Loop, Cannot Startup PC: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and I experienced a problem that prevents my PC to startup or open to desktop. There is no way or any option that will make me even boot it to safe mode or anything. Most of the same cases I've read on the internet have the automatic repair loop but...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Loop: One day, when i went to turn on my laptop, it went into an automatic repair. I tried every type os solution i could find on google but nothing works. It either says it can not perform this action, or says it encountered some problems, “now restarting”, but it does not...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop

Automatic Repair Loop: Can someone please help me. My laptop is stuck in automatic repair loop. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10. It was working alright this morning until I turn it off then tryed to turn it back on. It was really slow starting up and when it did a message come up...
  10. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair Loop: Have an existing W-10 Home on a Dell 660 Desktop. It keeps starting with the Automatic Repair that goes to the "Diagnosing your PC" to the "Pc did not start correctly". Going to "Advanced" and "Troubleshooting" I first tried to "Reset". Went thru the motions then "Could not...