Windows 10: Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

Discus and support Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, if not I apologize. A couple of nights ago my computer was in the process of going to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolff215, Jun 24, 2018.

1. wolff215 Win User

Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, if not I apologize.

A couple of nights ago my computer was in the process of going to sleep and it decided instead it wanted to crash. I restarted it the next morning and was greeted by the screen telling me that Windows was attempting to repair. I was then greeted by this screen:

Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore [​IMG]

I have attached the file mentioned in the screenshot.
    I have no access to safe mode, it goes into the loop as well.
    I tried system restore, it said it was successful, but yet the loop continued.
    When I use bcdedit to turn off the automatic recovery I am greeted with this screen:

I have run chkdsk and it says there are no errors. I can load into a linux dual boot I have so I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue. Running "sfc /scannow" returns and error, I will try to post what it is soon, I forgot to write it down.

Thanks for any help,
    Isaac

:)

wolff215, Jun 24, 2018
  2. djoatmeal Win User

Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

Last night around 9pm I noticed the pc was doing another update. Endless boot loop again. I ran through the steps from yesterday with one new result and it will not boot.

djoatmeal, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

Automatic repair, system restore error 0x80070091

When I turn on my PC, I get a "preparing automatic repair" message, followed by a "diagnosing your PC message," and ending with "automatic repair Your PC did not start correctly."

Through the subsequent troubleshooting screens that were available, I attempted to do a system restore, but I got system restore error 0x80070091:

System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point.

Source: AppxStaging

Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070091)

There are several places where people have mentioned this problem, and they say to rename WindowsApps. They say to do this by booting in safe mode, or by using the command line as administrator. Through automatic repair I was able to enable safe mode,
    but when I tried to use F4 during the restart, the "preparing automatic repair" cycle just repeated itself. I tried to use the command line in automatic repair, but when I entered the suggested command "attrib WindowsApps -h" I received the message "File
    not found WindowsApps."

Is there anything else to try?

DavidPollock_456, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

1. Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore - Similar Threads - Automatic repair loop

2. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore: Hello, I was trying to boot up my Razer Blade 15 2020 laptop. It has windows 10. After installing the newest windows update, the laptop was attempting automatic Repairs. Usually, when this happens the laptop starts up, but this time it said there were no repairs found and it...
  3. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore: Hello, I was trying to boot up my Razer Blade 15 2020 laptop. It has windows 10. After installing the newest windows update, the laptop was attempting automatic Repairs. Usually, when this happens the laptop starts up, but this time it said there were no repairs found and it...
  4. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot perform system restore to fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot perform system restore to fix automatic repair loop: My PC running on Windows 10 is caught in an automatic repair loop. I have tried to restore the system using system restore point. I was able to choose and execute a restore but that somehow failed and now I am told that no restore point is found on my PC.I have tried other...
  6. Cannot perform system restore to fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot perform system restore to fix automatic repair loop: My PC running on Windows 10 is caught in an automatic repair loop. I have tried to restore the system using system restore point. I was able to choose and execute a restore but that somehow failed and now I am told that no restore point is found on my PC.I have tried other...
  7. Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt: My laptop is a Lenovo 20NF0012US ThinkPad E595 AMD Ryzen 5 3500U w/ Radeon Nega Mobile GfxProcessor Bios Lenovo R11et40W 1.20 Windows 20H2 with all updates installed through April 8. After running updates last week my Logitech headset microphone stopped working. I use...
  8. Automatic System Repair loop

Automatic System Repair loop: Yesterday I selected "shutdown and update" option my PC. The next time I attempted to start my pc it began running the Automatic System Repair but it doesn't repair anything. I've tried system restore option from 6 different restore points, I've tried Reset PC option, I...
  9. Automatic repair boot loop after system restore

Automatic repair boot loop after system restore: I recently installed an update through windows update and noticed the wifi wasnt working so i did a system restore, all worked fine until 5 minutes after rebooting when a blue screen came up and now my laptop is stuck in a loop of turning on. Automatic repair failing and...
  10. System Restore in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Safe Mode: Hi all, Okay, this is the first time I ran System Restore and not sure if it worked or not. I had an incompatibility issue with the system and figured I'll revert back to a previous configuration that worked. Using the regular method always gave an error and saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 repair loop and no safe mode