Windows 10: Automatic Repair Loop - Solutions Not Working

Discus and support Automatic Repair Loop - Solutions Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all! I'm sorry for not posting specs per the new thread instructions, but I can't access them at the moment due to my particular problem. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wallcrawler16, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Automatic Repair Loop - Solutions Not Working

Hello all! I'm sorry for not posting specs per the new thread instructions, but I can't access them at the moment due to my particular problem.

My home-built PC is experiencing the automatic repair loop. I was running Win7 when I built it in 2009, and got the free Win10 update when it was offered last year. I had minimal issues with Win10 until recently when my computer would randomly freeze and force me to hard reboot. The last time it happened, the system did not restart normally and instead took me to the black screen with the blue Windows logo. The screen indicated it was beginning an automatic repair, but after a few seconds it would reboot the system, cycle through the initial boot screens, take me back to the auto repair screen, then reboot and start all over again.

In researching the issue online, it seems that the automatic repair loop is a common problem with a number of fixes. However, I can't attempt any of those fixes because my system never makes it past the initial screen before it reboots and starts all over. I saw one fix that recommended rebooting from disc, so I put my old Win7 disc in and gave it a shot. However, after the screen where the Windows files are "unloaded" my system automatically reboots.

Can anyone help me escape this endless loop? Advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance! *Smile

:)

Wallcrawler16, Mar 29, 2016
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 is stuck in Automatic Repair loop

Hi Robert,

Automatic Repair loop is a feature designed to help you fix some PC issues in Windows. It might fail to work sometimes and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10.

The two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue are:

1. Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" error message.

2. Windows Automatic Repair failed and said, "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

We suggest that you try the solutions provided by community experts on this
    link
    and let us know how it goes.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop

I am also stuck in the Automatic Repair Loop after installing Windows 10. Have tried all fixes in this forum and found elsewhere on the web. No fixes have worked. What's the solution Microsoft??

MattFitzgibbon, Mar 29, 2016
  4. Conners Win User

Automatic Repair Loop - Solutions Not Working

I guess a person could try to reset the CMOS.

Conners, Mar 29, 2016
  5. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not computer-savvy enough to know what that is or how to do it though. Can you explain?

Wallcrawler16, Mar 30, 2016
  6. Conners Win User
    Well It would be beneficial I we knew you motherboard specs.

But hey if all else fails...Shut down your computer and unplug.
    Then Press the start button for a few seconds.
    Then find your battery (coin type) and remove for about 30 minutes., reinstall and see what happens.

If it works your good to go , If not a OS reinstall is probably in the works...

Conners, Mar 31, 2016
  7. Thanks. I gave it a try, but it didn't change anything. The loop continues.

I would be happy to reinstall the OS at this point, but as I said in my original post, those attempts have also been thwarted.

I'm getting ready to cave and just bring my tower to a repair shop where I'm sure they'll charge me way too much. Any other suggestions?

Wallcrawler16, Apr 9, 2016
  8. Conners Win User

Still no sys spec from you, but hey I guess you like people guessing what you have in your system.

I do not work in Vegas as a mind reader so I need your input to try and help you with your problem.

For that reason... I'm out!

Good luck

Conners, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic Repair Loop - Solutions Not Working - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair Loop

2. Automatic repair loop nothing will work for repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair loop nothing will work for repair: So i force shut down my gaming pc because when i tabbed out of my game everything was like a white screen. I boot back up and i get stuck in a loop of “automatic repair wont work”. Ive tried several of the advanced options and nothing is helping. I cannot run chkdsk, dism,...
  3. Automatic repair loop nothing will work for repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop nothing will work for repair: So i force shut down my gaming pc because when i tabbed out of my game everything was like a white screen. I boot back up and i get stuck in a loop of “automatic repair wont work”. Ive tried several of the advanced options and nothing is helping. I cannot run chkdsk, dism,...
  4. Automatic repair loop nothing will work for repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Automatic Repair loop solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Automatic Repair loop solution: After changing processor core number to 12 from msconfig in Windows without entering bios got endless loop with entering Automatic Repair in result. I can't enter Windows or msconfig at all nor with safe mode neither with recovery. Also reseting doesn't help. Is it solvable?...
  6. Windows Automatic Repair loop solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Automatic Repair loop solution: After changing processor core number to 12 from msconfig in Windows without entering bios got endless loop with entering Automatic Repair in result. I can't enter Windows or msconfig at all nor with safe mode neither with recovery. Also reseting doesn't help. Is it solvable?...
  7. Windows Automatic Repair loop solution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Automatic repair loop... nothing works!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair loop... nothing works!!: Hello, my laptop has been stuck in the automatic repair for weeks!! I’ve literally tried everything but nothing works. Most of the command prompt commands don’t work. I think ive tried them all. i do startup repair and it says unable to repair i’ve tries to uninstall...
  9. Automatic repair loop, but nothing works?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair loop, but nothing works?: Hey, Today I left my pc on while I went out into the city and when I came back, it was on the blue screen 'automatic repair'. I clicked restart to see if it would fix it but it would just go back to the same screen over and over again. so then I clicked 'advanced options'...
  10. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair Loop: Have an existing W-10 Home on a Dell 660 Desktop. It keeps starting with the Automatic Repair that goes to the "Diagnosing your PC" to the "Pc did not start correctly". Going to "Advanced" and "Troubleshooting" I first tried to "Reset". Went thru the motions then "Could not...