Windows 10: automatic restart

Discus and support automatic restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The pc did not start correctly. Loop of Advanced Startup Options (ASO) is a centralized menu of recovery, repair, and troubleshooting. Steps done:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Miuku, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Miuku Win User

automatic restart

The pc did not start correctly. Loop of Advanced Startup Options (ASO) is a centralized menu of recovery, repair, and troubleshooting.
    Steps done:
    1.repair from last configuration 02/01/2017 23:44:46
    2.fixmbr from commandline
    3.fix
    4.Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

:)

Miuku, Jan 12, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

automatically restart

Connect to WiFi. Go to settings, phone update, check for updates.

There is an update for this problem. Takes about 15 to 20 minutes for the phone to restart.

garym123, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Automatically restarting

Yeah it's our pleasure.... automatic restart :)

angapparajnataraj, Jan 12, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

automatic restart

From the command line you can also try:

1. sfc /scannow
    2. chkdsk c: /f

philc43, Jan 16, 2017
  5. Miuku Win User
    Thank you philc43.

Successfully did step 1&2. After step 2 it mentions error 50, after which I exited, and am back in the Automatic options. I have downloaded some tools on usb and will continue to see if I can copy the files across and reinstall.

Miuku, Jan 17, 2017
  6. Miuku,

Did you try starting the machine in Safe Mode?

cottonball, Jan 18, 2017
  7. Miuku Win User
    So I copied the files away to USB.

None of the restart, reinstall deleting all files were succesfull. Therefore I downloaded windows 10 to USB.

Does anyone know in restart (cloud/command) where to find license. I was unsuccesfull with below 'not found'.

slmgr.vbs /dli
    wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query...

Miuku, Jan 19, 2017
  8. Miuku Win User

automatic restart

I tried F5-8 but not restarted in safe mode.

However F9-11 are able to select boot device etc.

Also the windows 10 usb is not selected. Fyi the aoi-srt "tool" usb was selected no problem. its a compaq 6710b. Boot v10.0.9

Miuku, Jan 19, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    If you have successfully copied all your data files you are in a good position to do a this tutorial.

philc43, Jan 19, 2017
  10. Miuku Win User
    ..started the install of windows 10. Unfortunetey none of the automatic restart options worked, and the product key was not available.

Miuku, Jan 19, 2017
  11. Miuku Win User
    The situation is USB runs to the first Install step screen prompt 'Report Compatibility' w/ information that this is a new version and need to enter the productkey?
    If I exit and run winver in command line, I get exception 'incompatible winver to the version being executed. verify the information and contact software distributor.' Therefore I exit and restart however repeating the commandline winver, gets exception not found - I verified the directory windows/system32 does not list winver. Therefore looked for ntoskrnl.exe, and I get 'not possible in Win32 mode'. Therefore I try Dism /Online.., I get '
    Version:10.0.14393
    Error: 50
    ..in command line using notepad to view the Dism.log, I search for 'err' but not much of interest, 'architecture=x86' Number of processors=2

Target Windows version: 10.0.14393
    Source Windows Version: (current download) - (install media on USB is both 32 & 64 versions and done on a working Laptop w/ Windows Core Edition Key Licensed )

Miuku, Jan 19, 2017
  12. Miuku Win User
  13. philc43 Win User

automatic restart

Please follow the instructions in the tutorial I linked to for a clean install.

philc43, Jan 19, 2017
  14. Miuku Win User
    Miuku, Jan 19, 2017
  15. Miuku Win User
    Thanks Phil.

The document mentions step 7. Enter your Windows 10 activate Windows 10. I don't have this.[/b]

Otherwise the instructions are the same (Media Creation Tool Access Denied)

Miuku, Jan 19, 2017
Thema:

automatic restart

1. automatic restart - Similar Threads - automatic restart

2. My laptop restart automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop restart automatically: Hi Team,It's been 4-5 months. i'm facing this issue.When i open 3-4 tabs in google chrome. After sometime, my laptop restart automatically.I have update my graphic card driver.But i couldn'd find any solution as of now.Kindly help me asap....
  3. My laptop restart automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop restart automatically: Hi Team,It's been 4-5 months. i'm facing this issue.When i open 3-4 tabs in google chrome. After sometime, my laptop restart automatically.I have update my graphic card driver.But i couldn'd find any solution as of now.Kindly help me asap....
  4. How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?: Hello I recently joined the IT department as a technician, I have laptops HP ProBook 455 G7 that automatically restart during use and close all applications. I use Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.I've even disabled automatic restart on system error in settings but it still hasn't...
  5. How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?

How can I find/prevent automatic computer restart?: Hello I recently joined the IT department as a technician, I have laptops HP ProBook 455 G7 that automatically restart during use and close all applications. I use Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.I've even disabled automatic restart on system error in settings but it still hasn't...
  6. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  7. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  8. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  9. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  10. My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds: As it restarts automatically. I can't complete the shift + f10 method. After writing regedit and browsing to to setup or status it just turns off...