Windows 10: Automatic screen dimming.

Discus and support Automatic screen dimming. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This annoys me for some time now. And I tried everything I can, but can't seem to fix it. I reinstalled windows several times (actually, seven times),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Automatic screen dimming.

This annoys me for some time now. And I tried everything I can, but can't seem to fix it. I reinstalled windows several times (actually, seven times), trying to get an update to not install, but it still got installed.

So basically, what's happening is that whenever my screen is light, it's brightness goes up, and whenever my screen is dark it's brightness goes down. Now I wouldn't have minded if it were not noticeable, but it's very distracting.

I went to Lenovo's forums (several times now) but they were not willing to help. I got basically no reply. So I hope that there's some expert out here that's willing to help.

Please help me fix this. I'm totally out of ideas. Let's debug together. *Smile

Anticipated thanks,

:)

Marron, Sep 14, 2015
  2. CarlCappo Win User

Windows 10 screen brightness is dim

Original title: ASUS PT2001 with Win 10 screen brightness

When running on battery power screen automatically dims. My area is very bright and I have trouble viewing a dim screen. I have to bring the power cord where ever the monitor is located to increase the brightness. Is there no setting to adjust this?

CarlCappo, Sep 14, 2015
  3. JohnP_859 Win User
    Windows 10 - Sceen Dims Automatically

The screen automatically dims in Windows 10 after 15 seconds. Does anyone know how to fix this problem that recently started to occur?

JohnP_859, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Automatic screen dimming.

It sounds like automatic dimming, hopefully it is that, and that you can follow the screenshots I've provided, let us know if this helps or not *Smile

Automatic screen dimming. [​IMG]

TheSmokey76, Sep 14, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    They're both off. But I started asking around people in my company, if they know something about this. And it turns out there's an easy fix. Plug in your power cable. :\
    And so far it seems to work. Too bad I wasted 3 days trying all the fixes I could find ...

Marron, Sep 14, 2015
  6. Cody21 Win User
    I'm having the xact same issue on my HP Pavilion dv7 -- even though I have the laptop plugged in, the screen auto-dims from time to time. Very very annoying. I checked all the settings outlined above and I have it "OFF" for both Power & Battery ... wth ??? This really sucks when playing a slideshow of pics. (hating windows 10 more and more).

Cody21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Automatic screen dimming.

1. Automatic screen dimming. - Similar Threads - Automatic screen dimming

2. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  3. Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically: I have Windows 11. Whenever I change my display settings Extend, PC Screen Only, etc. my laptop's screen changes to the minimum. If I click on the bottom-right and I check my brightness, the scale is set to max. If I move the slider a little it changes back. It happens...
  4. Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically: I have Windows 11. Whenever I change my display settings Extend, PC Screen Only, etc. my laptop's screen changes to the minimum. If I click on the bottom-right and I check my brightness, the scale is set to max. If I move the slider a little it changes back. It happens...
  5. Automatic dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic dimming: Hello,My screen keeps dimming when I go to dark websites such as Disney plus and settings.I want this to stop, but I don't know how.I have tried to do it in the power plan advanced settings, but no such option exists.Help?...
  6. Screen Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Dimming: Hello, Ever since a few days ago, the screen brightness on my Surface Laptop keeps reducing to the minimum. I have turned off automatic adjustment to brightness in the Display section in Settings, and still this keeps happening. The brightness indicator on the top left of...
  7. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  8. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  9. Display Automatic Dimming

Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  10. Screen automatically dims when watching videos

Screen automatically dims when watching videos: I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep...