Windows 10: Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update?

Discus and support Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, As of late, I've been having a reoccuring problem with automatic scrolling with my Windows 10 laptop. Windows 10 came preinstalled on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nevbix, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Nevbix Win User

Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update?

Hello,

As of late, I've been having a reoccuring problem with automatic scrolling with my Windows 10 laptop. Windows 10 came preinstalled on the system, and it is an HP laptop currently (at the time of writing this post, since Microsoft updates far too often) running Windows 10 Home edition, version 1803 with OS build number 17134.228. I had previously managed to correct this issue, but it returned when my laptop was unceremoniously shut down and restarted automatically today while I was in the middle of working on a project that I hadn't saved.

I have been through multiple threads at this point, and I have attempted to follow their instructions to correct the issue. However, despite the supposed fixes for the problem, it persists. Ways I have attempted are as follows:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling mouse drivers.
    • Updating drivers.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling my USB mouse.
    • Using an external USB mouse.
    • Using an external USB keyboard.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers.
    • Scanning system files for possible corruptions using the Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Checking physical hardware for damages.
    • Disabling the touchpad.
    • Reverting to previous updates of Windows 10 (This was an ineffective step, as it merely gave me an error upon attempting from the repair menu).
    • Creating a new user account (This was ineffective, as logging into said account continued the issue).

I personally find this issue to be the most irritating problem I've encountered thus far (this being out of 203 other bugs that I have had to fix while using Windows 10), and overall it's made me consider installing another operating system or assembling another laptop to use. The problem only occurs in programs that require the default scroll bar for Windows, such as the start menu, Windows' preinstalled programs (Control Panel, Settings, ect.), and in any program assembled using the Visual Studio program. As a user of programs such as MikuMikuDance and PMX Editor, which run from this coding system, I would really like to see this problem resolved so that I may continue to properly utilize my laptop as intended.

On another, slightly unrelated note, I find it to be absolutely ridiculous that Microsoft never thought to automatically update drivers with the automatic Windows updates to make sure that the devices the computers use are still functional when they choose to put out another bug fixing build.

:)

Nevbix, Aug 15, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 15, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 15, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update? - Similar Threads - Automatic Scrolling Update

2. Automatic scroll up in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic scroll up in windows 10: I was updated my windows 8.1 computer towindows 10.I face some issues like,when I use pycharm or Microsoft edge it's automatically scroll up didn't go downafter clicking shift for few time it's fixed.But it happen again and again.Every time I pressshift for few times to fix...
  3. Automatic scroll up in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic scroll up in windows 10: I was updated my windows 8.1 computer towindows 10.I face some issues like,when I use pycharm or Microsoft edge it's automatically scroll up didn't go downafter clicking shift for few time it's fixed.But it happen again and again.Every time I pressshift for few times to fix...
  4. Automatic scroll up in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatic Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Scrolling: Is there a way to use the automatic scrolling in the text field of programs, in which it is not possible to activate it by clicking the mouse wheel?I use this funktion a lot, because it's very helpfull to read large texts on the computer, but there are some programms for...
  6. Automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic scrolling: My computer does not let me use the scroll bar on my right, so I have to use the scroll wheel. Also, for some reason, my computer auto zooms. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-scrolling/5a40a063-5fd7-4412-8af8-c0a3594858a3
  7. Windows 10 automatically scrolling

Windows 10 automatically scrolling: Hi there, I am having a problem with Windows 10 automatically scrolling downwards in certain situations. My system was fine this afternoon, but when loaded Google Maps to check an address, I noticed a problem. I did not install new software or hardware today. I have no...
  8. Automatic scrolling on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic scrolling on Windows 10 Pro: Date: 9/13/2019 Windows 10 Pro and automatic scrolling of all documents, browsers. Reset Windows 10 OS with latest updates installed and troubleshooting, all without effect. Thinking Microsoft will need to fix issue with new update solution. Jerome...
  9. Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 scrolling down automatically (sometimes!) after update: Hi I recently updated Windows 10 and have a very odd and very frustrating issue with some apps scrolling down all the time. The issue only appears to happen in some Microsoft apps like Mail or OneNote. It does not happen in other Microsoft apps like Word or Edge. Basically...
  10. Automatic Scroll Down in Windows 10

Automatic Scroll Down in Windows 10: Hii, In my Windows 10, whenever i open any program its automatic scroll down to bottom. Please Help to Fix that. Thanks in Advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-scroll-down-in-windows-10/c5be9596-e87e-419e-b35c-c2f5b44bc841