Windows 10: Automatic Update Despair.

Discus and support Automatic Update Despair. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I set the updates to download in the background then once they are in, wait for a date where I can just turn the computer on and let it work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by foodandart, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Automatic Update Despair.

Can I set the updates to download in the background then once they are in, wait for a date where I can just turn the computer on and let it work overnight?

Mac OS does this, why can't Windows?

I am really getting discouraged by the behavior of Windows 10 Pro - it was not an inexpensive purchase and since one of the updates last spring, it has become nearly unworkable. It is installed on a computer that is a gaming machine - so it is not on constantly, and is not used to surf the web. No e-mail, no Outlook account. Nothing. (Let's not even get in to the games that no longer work.)

Games only and the game installs and updates.

When I DO on occasion fire it up, it often will go straightaway to an OS update install, as it is doing now..

I have been busy and have an hour to get in some screen time.. But nope. Gotta update. Been almost an hour and at this point, heck, my MacPro with the obsolete Snow Leopard 10.6.8 is by far a superior experience. I am using the Mac right now, to get help, as the PC is updating.

Not happy at all with how the OS is becoming intrusive and needy and things are breaking. Is there an solution to this needy update mechanism, and it's non-existent scheduling or should I just back up the games and wipe and reinstall to the Windows 10 version that came on the USB installer and never let it update again?

I really do want to like Windows, but this is starting to make me question what is going on with Microsoft.

Help!

:)

foodandart, Aug 11, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 11, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic Update Despair. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 11, 2018
  4. bigscale Win User

Automatic Update Despair.

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Automatic Update Despair.

1. Automatic Update Despair. - Similar Threads - Automatic Update Despair

2. Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Automatic updates: W10 Home version 10.0.19042 Back in the day, I was never on auto updates. I always wanted to know first what each available update was about and it was up to me to install or not. Now with W10, updates are installed automatically (except optional drivers). The only way to...
  3. sshing to localhost WSL2 is unstable at best. misery and despair

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    sshing to localhost WSL2 is unstable at best. misery and despair: I have a wsl issue that's been driving me mad for weeks: when booting the pc, there's a big chance that ssh connections to wsl won't be operational until one or more reboots. I get a Connection refused error. I went through lots and lots of similar github issues, but none of...
  4. automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    automatic updates: windows update kb4560960 causes my Brother MFC-240C printer to stop printing. When I remove it automatic updates puts it back. How can I choose which updates to install. Bob Hood *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. automatic update

automatic update: My 'automatic update' is not listed in services and I have to 'check for updates' every day. Request help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-update/ff0b60a6-0c54-4986-8035-e6b88614e068
  6. how to recover my suddenly despairing photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover my suddenly despairing photos: hello sir I am feeling very much insecure for a reason. yesterday I transfers few intimate picture of mine from my Samsung mobile phone.I did cut from my phone memory and and pest it my computer ,after a minute while I sow my transferred pictures are despaired .I thought...
  7. Automatic updates

Automatic updates: I am getting updated every day for Windows 10. How can I stop automatic updates and do them on my own? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-updates/602cff1b-fb0f-4ce5-946d-8d40aa9b9315
  8. automatic updates

automatic updates: How can i stop updates to Windows 10 from downloading at inconvenient times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-updates/b2289718-0412-4e65-8918-8cca0d45bab5
  9. Automatic Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Automatic Updates?: My general practice is to turn on our PC check for updates, allow any to process then browse or whatever. Then the PC is either put to sleep or turned off. Using this process I do not have automatic update processing therefore I assume either my PC must be left on or left on...
  10. Im Despaired please help me

in Windows 10 Support
    Im Despaired please help me: In the afternoon my tablet crashed so i rebooted it by pressing the power and volume button, but if i go to the lock screen it does not react if i touch it. In the boot menu i was beforehand the touchscreen worked. If i try to completly reset the tablet it either asks for my...