Windows 10: Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

Discus and support Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AA14536456456, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off seconds after I turn it on. Highly unusual, I've never had this happen on any laptop or PC I've had before, be it Windows 10 or 8 or 7 for that matter. Anybody have any ideas of what could be causing it?

(If it's relevant, I am using Wi-fi, and I only use Windows Defender so I don't have Norton or anything else telling it to turn off. I literally use this laptop for browsing/emails, it's got minimal software installed.)

:)

AA14536456456, Aug 3, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 3, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

Win XP automatic updates

Turning off automatic updates will delete it.

wazzledoozle, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

1. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on - Similar Threads - Automatic Updates automatically

2. Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus assist does not automatically turn itself off: Hey everyone, I've been using focus assist for quite some time now and I quite like it, but lately it has been showing a weird behavior. When I start playing a game it turns itself on, as it should, but it does not turn itself off once I stop playing games. This did not...
  3. Xbox game bar is automatically turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar is automatically turning itself off: I had clean install of windows and after a week of using it my xbox game bar win + g stopped working, everytime I turn on gamedvr in setting it turns itself off after going to other tab. So i tried turning it on in registry also turned itself to 0 after reboot. I figured out...
  4. Windows defender automatically turns itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender automatically turns itself off: Hello, my store app crashed after updating apps and I couldn't fix it for a day, whenever i tried to re sign it using powershell it said my firewall was off, I checked to see that no matter what I did, I couldn't turn it on so I decided to reset my pc, but after a couple of...
  5. wifi turns off automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi turns off automatically: My laptop wifi automatically turns off whenever any system work is being done such as turning on the blue-tooth connection or installing a virtual OS box. Is it any fault of the software or should I check up on my laptop hardwares?...
  6. how to turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off automatic updates: how to turn off windows automatic updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-automatic-updates/582cc4a2-708b-4b43-a1eb-38bd4781877e
  7. Turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off automatic updates: I have followed the directions for stopping the automatic updates, but when I try to execute them, it tells me I can't access that feature. How do I turn this feature off?...
  8. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  9. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  10. how to turn off automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to turn off automatic updates?: I'm having a laptop with eMMC with only 32GB of storage.I had 18 GB of free space and last night I recived some updates which left me only 10 GB of free space.I want to turn off option of auto updating if there is any. I switched meter connection to ON.Is there anything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatic updates turns itself off