Windows 10: Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers)

Discus and support Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, Wondering if anyone could answer something regarding Windows 10. I'm curious about the auto updates. A lot of the drivers I download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Flax Seed, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Flax Seed Win User

Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers)

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone could answer something regarding Windows 10.

I'm curious about the auto updates. A lot of the drivers I download manually always seem to ship with unnecessary extras I don't require. For eg. Nvidia drivers I custom install and deselect Nvidia Update, the 3D stuff, Nvidia Experience and HD Audio because I have no use for them.

When I install W7 all of this is installed for me and I have to uninstall it along with the drivers before running DDU uninstaller before installing the latest. How does this work with W10? Will all this stuff be installed automatically with no way to remove since from what I gather the auto updates would just reinstall it if I removed it?

Thanks

:)

Flax Seed, Aug 11, 2015

2. Windows 10's Automatic Updates For NVidia Drivers Causing Trouble

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?

Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers) [​IMG]

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Andre Da Costa, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10's Automatic Updates For NVidia Drivers Causing Trouble

Windows 10's Automatic Updates For NVidia Drivers Causing Trouble
    This scares me, I am a senior and do not need all these nerdy headaches and costs because of Microsoft not looking after basic needs of their new system why should I send hours and $$$ problem, fixing
    something that was never broken until windows 10. this is my feelings exactly.

Why I should stay away from Windows 10.....until Microsoft make some changes to the driver update problem. What is Microsoft thinking? Do Microsoft want to take over drivers from Nvidia and AMD? Why should Nvidia and AMD writing
    new drivers, when Microsoft is doing this ****? I am on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 and NO way I'm going to upgrade to Windows 10. Maybe in 2020....and maybe not. Stupid Microsoft. You are alien people from upgrading....destroying "the best OS ever". Stay away
    from Windows 10 and keep control over which drivers to install.

fred Schindel, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers)

1. Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers) - Similar Threads - Automatic Updates Non

2. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  3. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  4. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. update windows/non working display driver

update windows/non working display driver: I have tried all the solutions on the internet I installed the driver from HP site get fetal error go to device manager but could not see the display card also audio card not working also all that happens when I tried to update windows [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Automatic driver updates

Automatic driver updates: Windows Update regularly replaces my carefully selected working audio drivers with the buggy default one. Not only is this incredibly annoying, but it's actually dangerous. The bug causes volume to jump to 100 when resuming paused playback, which can cause hearing damage...
  7. Workaround for automatic driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Workaround for automatic driver updates?: Is there a way to stop Windows update from installing driver updates in Windows 10 HOME? Today I was working on some audio rendering on my laptop and the PC started freezing with multiple TDR errors - right in the middle of the job. Windows had updated my graphics driver...
  8. Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have been using my PC manufacturers Synaptics touch-pad driver for years without issue, it is from 2015. The other day Windows 10 automatically updated to some 2017 Synpatics driver. I lost the ability to scroll up or down...
  9. Non stop recurring driver update

Non stop recurring driver update: Hi all I have a problem which is beginning to make go a little insane. I have this non stop update almost every time i restart my pc. I say almost because sometimes it does not. In a normal day, it will install this update about 6 times. ASUS - Other hardware - Asus...
  10. Windows Update / automatic driver updates?

Windows Update / automatic driver updates?: I have potentially four machines that are eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade, based on most of what I read I was hopeful that there would be few if any problems until I read that Windows would now automatically install driver updates along with operating system updates. All...