Windows 10: Automatic Updates will not turn on

Discus and support Automatic Updates will not turn on in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have just installed the April update for Windows 10, and was curious why it hadn't automatically installed, as previous updates had done. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Booms, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Booms Win User

Automatic Updates will not turn on

Hi,
    I have just installed the April update for Windows 10, and was curious why it hadn't automatically installed, as previous updates had done.
    Now when I go into Settings>Updates & Security>Advanced Options, when I try to turn on Automatic Updates it turns straight back off, and will not stay on at all.
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

:)

Booms, Apr 30, 2018

2. Automatic updates will not stay turned on

Thanks for the suggestions which I followed explicitly. Sad to say, problem continues with no change.

Regards.

Panama Bill, Apr 30, 2018
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Automatic updates will not stay turned on

Hi Panama,

This issue is usually due to corrupted or damaged system files. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to know if you've made any changes on your computer prior to the issue. Also, have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

To troubleshoot the issue, we recommend using the System File Checker tool and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to perform repair operations on the system files. To do so, follow the steps

here

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Apr 30, 2018
  4. jamis Win User

Yeah, mine does the same thing. I was waiting for the April update to install to see if it fixed it. Apparently, not. Note: I'm still on 1709 16299.371

jamis, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic Updates will not turn on - Similar Threads - Automatic Updates turn

2. how to turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off automatic updates: how to turn off windows automatic updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-automatic-updates/582cc4a2-708b-4b43-a1eb-38bd4781877e
  3. Turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off automatic updates: I have followed the directions for stopping the automatic updates, but when I try to execute them, it tells me I can't access that feature. How do I turn this feature off?...
  4. windows 10 turn on automatic updates

windows 10 turn on automatic updates: how in the world do I turn on the **** automatic updates with out giving me the **** options for windows a b 8 9.9 ni am **** asking for one goddamn thing . HOW DO I TURN ON AUTOMATIC UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 10?...
  5. turn off automatic updates

turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  6. Windows Update Automatic not turning on

Windows Update Automatic not turning on: Hi, When I use the toggle to turn windows updates to automatic it just flicks back to "off" I am using Windows 10, any suggestions? Thanks Bill...
  7. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on: I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off seconds after I turn it on. Highly unusual, I've never had this happen on any laptop or PC I've had before, be it Windows 10 or...
  8. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  9. Automatic Updates will not turn on

Automatic Updates will not turn on: Hi, I have just installed the April update for Windows 10, and was curious why it hadn't automatically installed, as previous updates had done. Now when I go into Settings>Updates & Security>Advanced Options, when I try to turn on Automatic Updates it turns straight back off,...
  10. how to turn off automatic updates?

how to turn off automatic updates?: I'm having a laptop with eMMC with only 32GB of storage.I had 18 GB of free space and last night I recived some updates which left me only 10 GB of free space.I want to turn off option of auto updating if there is any. I switched meter connection to ON.Is there anything...